Author Topic: D.Gray-Man  (Read 4522 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: D.Gray-Man
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »
I really ought to get back to it.  I fell off of it because I was in a pissy mood when I last read it.  It probably won't be for a while, though; I have quite the backlog of manga I'm working through.

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2016, 09:09:13 PM »
I also kind of missed reding the latest three chapters, but I plan to re-read again before getting to those...kind of also have a huge list of manga I'm pretty much behind in reading or planned to start, but did not get to it.

Also I tend to read D.Gray-man slowly due to mind mind trying to pick out hints and combine them in later chapters, kind of the reason Pandora Hearts took me so long to read, but it was great.   

"All Divine beings are by nature cruel, selfish, greedy, arogant, temperamental, jaelous and spitefull. Though the younger ones forgot, that even a god has a mortal side. Those who stirr closer to that side are able to learn about the human heart, but Zeus despises those who act as such." - Nyx

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 09:23:17 AM »
Oh man, Pandora Hearts... There's another series I need to get back to.

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »
The mangaka has finished Pandora Hearts, though I believe she opened the "Pandora Box of fanfiction" during the last chapters and is currently working on a new series, I plan to start it sometime.

So I kind of decided to test my memory which according to my friends can be pretty good and read the chapters I have missed from DGM, beside watching the first episode of the new anime series. A bit dissapointed that they left out the Zombie Arch, but at least they started continuing even the anime.
"All Divine beings are by nature cruel, selfish, greedy, arogant, temperamental, jaelous and spitefull. Though the younger ones forgot, that even a god has a mortal side. Those who stirr closer to that side are able to learn about the human heart, but Zeus despises those who act as such." - Nyx

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 01:37:06 PM »
I am not going to lie, I didn't expect the series to continue, nevertheless I am glad it's back and hoping to be just as awesome as it used to be. So far everything seems to have the flair that the series had before the hiatus.

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »
I belive many had given up after the first year come to pass with no information if it gets continued or not. Though yes it still has the familiar flair and we are finally getting some answers... and a good deal of new questions. I certainly want to know what will happen next and what will be revealed during the next chapters.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 10:53:26 PM »
Yes, so far it has. Isn't it funny though? when our questions were answered more questions appear....it's like an endless loop (although that makes sense, if no more questions she would might as well end the series xD). I am not gonna lie, my favorite part is still Allen's origin because it was the most shocking thing. I did not expect that and I liked it. :)

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 09:20:27 AM »
That is for certain, a series where you know every character, their relationships and all questions in the manga or anime have been answered is there nothing to keep one interested. So yep, I love that we get answers and some are really surprising ones or some make you question things in the series like when we found out about the Second Exorcists who are basically Akuma created by the Vatican with their own methods to keep up with the Earl.

Yes Allen's origin was also a rather big one and it seems to be still going on and on the way there will surelly be more questions and answers.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 06:41:40 AM »
That is true, I don't think she is done with Allen's origin just yet. I think it is more perplexed that what it looks like right now.

I was thinking, that it is possible that the Vatican represents how rotten the real life society really is but that is my opinion. That the organization keeps a facade for the public. Anyway I am not going to analyze that...might ruin the enjoyment of reading the series :P

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »
Yes, Allen's past is still mostly in the dark, after all we don't even know who Allen truly is and ther are already a huge deal of speculations out there... Though that is usually not bad for it means that the fandom is living, as long as everyone remembers to keep things between the line of respect other's options even if you don't agree.

I might have gone through some theories while working on my fanfictions...I really can't read or watch anything withough doing tha... Though yes, it kind of shows a facade. I mean if one says that the Vatican sends people or hears the word priest many assiciate these things with positive thoughts and not looking at what people are able to do if desperate.

Ah yes, the new anime series will be starting the Alma Karma arch with the new episode out on Monday, it will be interesting to see it animated and  to read the reactions of the anime only watchers. Poor them, most of them don't know waht will come and others are already nervous due to the reactions of those who read the manga, but only suggest to be ready for the feels. 

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 01:21:31 AM »
Well to be honest, I am one of those guys that watch the anime first and then if I like it I start reading the manga as well.  Only two times have I read the manga before the anime. My Hero Academia and Haikyuu and it was done by....accident you can say. I was flipping through the series that did not have anime and from the description of the series I have decided that I should read those series and fell in love with them.

Anyway as far as D. Gray-Man goes, I am not sure if I want to go back to the anime yet...I will think about it.

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 04:36:48 AM »
I kind of like to check out all materials I can find. There are some series where the anime is great, but the manga is lacking and of course there is also the opposite where the manga is wonderful and the anime leves you blinking about who paid for that to be made.

Saddly from what I heard will the new anime be only 13 episodes long if nothing changes and the new episodes come out on Monday so, yes waiting might be a good idea, one week is not a huge time considering that manga and anime of this show and their long hiatus.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:15 PM »
I don't know about that Morana, usually when the anime is good then the manga has to be good too. Never had this feeling of the anime being better than the manga. Can you name a few series that you liked the anime more than the manga?

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 08:45:14 AM »
For that I will have to dig somewhat in my memories, I have encountered those series pretty long ago (got into anime/manga when I was three),  though one of the recent ones, due to influence from my friends I can name the Initial D series. I kind of think that the reason why I preffer the anime to the manga is due to the fact that in animation they can provide a type of motion which that series needs.

Which is kind of strange for I did not mind this by the Gundam series or mangas where there is fighting, nor do I mind manga which are a bit heavy to read according to some people.