Author Topic: Ranking of the Gold Saints by strength  (Read 69568 times)

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
Re: Ranking of the Gold Saints by strength
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »
Hm. I just wonder about one thing - wasn't it said that this 1000-day-war thingy occurred when any Goldies would fight one on one? I just can't seem to remember that part from either manga or anime, so maybe someomne could help me out there.

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 05:59:45 PM »
Yeah, a 1000 days war occurs when two Goldies go head to head.  The closest they got to one, I think, was when Aiolia and Shaka almost went head to head.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 06:15:29 PM »
Yeah, but to me this would imply that they are somehow considered to be of equal strength, too....

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »
Hum.  That is a good point Shaina.

And I was thinking, we might need to take any of the examples from well, anywhere, with a grain of salt.  There are power discrepinces throughtout the series like we discussed in the plot hole thread.  And we discussed in the XY thread how Kurumada changed his mind almost daily.  Then there's the fact that all the Goldies are probably about the same strength due to the whole 1000 Days war thingie.

Really, there is no way to prove without a doubt who's stronger then who unless Kurumada hands down a verdict.

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 07:38:43 PM »
well after the 1000 days or watever it lasts war theres bound to be a winner

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
Or they both die from exhaustion and blood loss.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2007, 08:49:25 PM »
Well, but if it takes them 1000 days to determine a winner, the difference should be minute...

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2007, 08:59:55 PM »
I wonder how many Gold Saints have gone head to head in the past for them to establish that that's how long a fight between two would last.

Cause 1000 days is close to three years.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »
Hm... Maybe they just said something about 1000 days because they had trouble with maths? I mean, they do have to train and fight all the time, they probably neglected school education... And after the first comments about the 1000 days were made, they just kept it and never bothered to really count...

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2007, 09:10:27 PM »
They guessed, obviously.

But that entire notion is blown out of the water when Mu takes out DM and 'Dite by his lonesome without breaking a sweat. That means that the Goldies in question would have to be similar in strength to invoke a 1000 days war. Shaka and Aioria could have started one if Shaka was holding back (his eyes were still closed at that point...)
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2007, 09:26:25 PM »
And Shaka was apparently able to take Saga, Camus, and Shura pretty well.  I guess if they were all equal in power, Shaka'd have gotten his ass handed to him.

aldoteng

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007, 12:08:16 AM »
It has been suggested before that DeathMask and Aphrodite pretended to be weak so that Muu could easily defeat them for Hades' spies to see (albeit sounding a bit unbelievable).

Steamrollers solve all - 無駄-駄!

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 08:39:59 AM »
It has been suggested before that DeathMask and Aphrodite pretended to be weak so that Muu could easily defeat them for Hades' spies to see (albeit sounding a bit unbelievable).

That actually makes a bit of sense.  Deathmask knew to leave Shiryu alone when Mu showed up with his Gold Cloth.  He obviously knows Mu is up there, and it wouldn't be that unbelievable if he lost to him.  Afterwards, he and Aphrodite would hopefully smash up Hades's palace and try to kill him.  But I'm pretty sure, even though he couldn't take Mu on his own, he was decent enough in terms of strength to be a challenge if they seriously fought.

And he actually managed to stand up to one of Radamanthys's attacks while at 10% power for a few moments before being blown away... a feat Mu wasn't able to reproduce.

Hmm... the mystery of the ever-changing power levels strikes again!
Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
Shared: Minos, because HildaXMinos rocks
Adopted: Fenrir and Bud.
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 08:43:37 AM »
Well, at Rozan DeathMask left Shiryu alone because he didn't want to fight *both* Mu and Dohko.

Sorrento

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • あなた わ だれ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 09:27:11 AM »
Knowing that Mu even is possible to surpass Shion, And knowing Dohko's reputation, it would've been foolish if he did

Btw, About the 1000 days thing, does it also impicates their talent and intelligence? And the effectiveness from the attacks?
Harem: Sorrento+Poseidon+Athene+Zeus+Artemis+Lyra Orpheus+Apollo+Isaac+Myu+Mime+Marin+Crius+Oceanus+Siegfried+Thetis+Hestia+Rhuax+Brontes+Phlox Shared: Demeter, Sphinx