Author Topic: New season officially announced  (Read 25186 times)

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
    • I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco
Re: New season officially announced
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »
It seems your enjoyment of Saint Seiya is vastly different from mine then. You enjoy seeing the 5 main bronze struggle. I loathe it.

To me Saint Seiya is about a WAR between 2 parties.
Well, that's your view, and as such deserves to be respected. However, I don't think you can say that Saint Seiya is something that the original series isn't.

What StS is or is not has been defined by the original series, and the original series is about 5 heroic bronze saints struggling almost on their own again mighty enemies, whether one likes it or not. Stating otherwise is like saying that the "real" Iron Man is RBjr's version, or that the "real" DC Universe is the post-52 one. That's nonsense. It can be your personal favourite, but it's not the "real" one.

What I'm trying to say is: you love LC, fair enough. But don't be surprised if others don't or if being too different from the original has caused it to be cancelled.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
http://icavalieridellozodiaco.myfreeforum.org/

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
I agree with Shiryu on the moral of Saint Seiya. To me, Saint Seiya is about winning against the odds, as cliche a moral it is.

The problem people seem to have with LC (or at least my friend who I showed it to) is that characters get killed off so quickly, giving the viewer little time to get to know them. Granted, I feel that LC is about the war against Hades. Characters are going to die. That's just the way wars in stories work. Perhaps that is its flaw? It only covers the war itself. Only so much background info is given.

jamice4u

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2014, 02:19:01 AM »
 :deathmask: I believe the story in the lost canvas is the best. It is the most emotionally compelling in the entire season. I cried so much watching this series. The Gold Saints are very noble because they always keep their promises even if it cost them their lives. Manigoldo is my favorite golden saint. This is the only series where he cancer saint did not suck balls.