SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

109813 Posts in 4331 Topics- by 814 Members - Latest Member: darlene

August 28, 2014, 04:12:36 PM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!The SanctuarySaint Seiya DiscussionsAnimeWhere can I find proper English subs for Saint Seiya?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Where can I find proper English subs for Saint Seiya?  (Read 8918 times)
Vicious74
  Male
Passionate youth
Detachment
View Profile
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »

I have acquired the entire series subbed, but the subs are absolutely horrible. Lack of proper English, grossly innacurate translations, randomly not bothering to sub parts of the dialog, etc.

So are there any better alternatives? I found out this sub group called AznAnime, but their torrents are dead.

Anywhere I can download their subs? Or any other subs that suck marginally less than the ones I have now? I'd really like to watch this show.
Haldir

NankH Staff
Gold Saint
Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:05:42 AM »

Post a bit more, be involved in the discussions here and you can access these threads for Episodes 61 to 77 (for now) and the first 4 movies courtesy of Lionet. Wink

Saint Seiya TV Eps 61-114 [Eng Sub]
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1778.0

Saint Seiya Movie Collection [Eng Sub]
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2621.0
Vicious74
  Male
Passionate youth
Detachment
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »

Well if you're talking about CandleBox Effects' subs I already know about them and can watch them on youtube. =P

I was looking for subs for episodes outside of 61 to 77, but I've just been informed of where to get episodes 1 to 52.

Now I need episodes 53 to 60 and 78 to 114. >_>

If there are no subs other than the HK ones for those I might just have to make use of my decent Spanish skills and go for the Spanish subs.

And I do intend to post and be involved in discussions here, but that's after I've actually seen the series you know... I mean, wouldn't want to get spoiled obviously. >_>

Thanks for the help though.
11wongjk2
  Male
Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »

I guess u can wait for 78-114 as Lionet will be releasing them but due to the fact that 1-60 is already licensed is out as dvds, your only choice to watch 53-60 is to buy the dvd or just watch the spanish subs. Or if you are lucky someone might eventually sub the eight episodes

At the end of the world, there is nothing

Harem: Pandora(LC) and Pandora
LiderBoss
  Male
Passionate youth
I'm Blue
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

I have english subtitles for all 114 episodes... There either in .ass format or .srt format.

The problem is, the .ass ones are good (it's ep 1 to 52), the .srt (53 to 114) aren't that good... some of them contain a lot of errors.

Anyone know where I could find subs for 53 to 114? Preferably in text file so that I can use them with the release I got?

Thanks for your time.
Kuriboh
  Female
NankH Staff
Gold Saint
Au Palais de Verre
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »

The HK subs get considerably less failtastic after Sanctuary.

Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Dexx

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:14:52 AM »

Post a bit more, be involved in the discussions here and you can access these threads for Episodes 61 to 77 (for now) and the first 4 movies courtesy of Lionet. Wink

Saint Seiya TV Eps 61-114 [Eng Sub]
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1778.0

Saint Seiya Movie Collection [Eng Sub]
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2621.0

How many posts do we need to get the access? I really do not want to spam on the site, but I'm not a guru like you of this anime so I don't know what to post Smiley
ohtoriakio

Saint in Training
C'est moi!
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »

I was wondering the same thing, as I would like to access those subtitles. Thanks Smiley
theoriginalbilis
  Male
Has discovered the Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »

I recommend ADV's uncut DVDs of Saint Seiya (to help support the cause for more SS being released here in the US), then using the Candlebox releases for the remainder of the series and movies, since those subs are freakin' excellent (and very readable) for a fan project.
Rikoshay

Has discovered the Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »

Well, I couldn't stand the HK subs of it, so I went looking after on YouTube and found the Candlebox Effect's subs, and they are better in every way, so thanks Lionet for taking the time to actually do everything involved in releasing a fansub for the fans who enjoy them.
dogbertx

Has discovered the Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 05:37:36 PM »

Saint Seiya noob here, just got in to this show ( seen the first 2, ep1 was a a dvd rip and ep 2 was a low tv rip? from anza subbers?). im looking for HQ version of the show, but cant find any only Spanish dvd rips can someone help me. Can someone point me in the right place. Are there any adv rips? Also i only want to see them in jap with eng subs. im trying to access the page about lionet but has some sort of error, or i im not allowed on that page.
Dragon Shiryu
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
天暴星ベヌウの輝火
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 02:25:25 AM »

1. Welcome to the forum.

2. RTFM: http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=216.0

3. I don't believe there are any ADV rips. I myself am not from the states, thus have no means of watching episode 53 - 60 in English apart from the HK subs (region locked DVD's and all that). The subs are hosted on the site, but you can't access them yet.
Unfortunately the show hasn't been remastered in HQ, so you'll have to make due with the CE-subs. For more information, read the rules.
dogbertx

Has discovered the Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »

Thanks for the reply, but i dont wish to spam, so i can get to the dl section, only to fins the links or what ever are dead. I suprised no one has put them out on torrent or something.
Liqvid

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm from Brazil and I was a big Saint Seiya fan when I was younger. I recently downloaded all the Episodes and Movies in DVD Rip. (If somebody is interested, they all have Portuguese and the original Japanese dubs, and have a HQ). Now I'm living in the US and I'd like my American roommate to watch them, but I could not find English subs for them. Any help on where could I find good English subs?

Thank you.

shiryu
dogbertx

Has discovered the Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 03:41:31 AM »

would it be so hard get the old subs, from that  AznAnime group, then just add them to the HQ rips. im sure someone else has thought of this. Just odd that no one has done it. Rest of the world have good dvd rips but english speakers dont lol.

the only problem the AznAnime group are dead it seem so emailing would be no good, would they back the subs on srt format hmmm.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]