Author Topic: The ultimate guide to Athena's Saints (by Amarashiki)  (Read 22726 times)

Fruitify

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate guide to Athena's Saints (by Amarashiki)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »
 :crystal-saint: was  :hyoga: 's teacher in Anime.
Sanctuary found that something is up with him so he was banished and  :hyoga:'s teacher was replaced with  :camus2: in anime.

:crystal-saint: was also Anime only character, same with a few others Anime only character.

But going back to the teacher thing, all bronzie's teachers are and have always been Silver or Gold.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »
Hey
7./48.   Corona Austr.  Classic Manga (Alexei)
I've always thought he was a silver saint!

I mean, why would a bronze be taught by another bronze? Wouldn't you need one level up at least to be your master?

The Silver Rank was given to him by fans. He has no official rank. But I agree he can't just be a stupid bronze... :)
:crystal-saint: was  :hyoga: 's teacher in Anime.
Sanctuary found that something is up with him so he was banished and  :hyoga:'s teacher was replaced with  :camus2: in anime.

He was never banished. The anime just  never revealed his constellation if he had one... And he was brainwashed by Ares and Ares sent him to deal with Hyoga.

Geist and the Ghost Saints were the ones banished by the Pope before Ares came along and used them.

Amarashiki

• News Master
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Awaken the ninth sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 09:46:20 AM »
are we talking about Alexei or Crystal Saint??? ;)

You don't have to be Silver to be a teacher. As I see it, Crystal Saint was the teacher in absence of Camus, so he could just be a more experienced Bronzi. Like Geist, Docrates or the other. They just had the upper hand first because they are Bronzies much longer. Look, if there were 100 children sent out to be teached, how can you believe that only 24 (at maximum) Silver Saints could do that...there must be other who teach also, even if they are just subordinates to Silvers or Golds and helping them teaching more than one at a time...

Taco o' Tragedy

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • keepin' that pimp-hand strong
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »
Yeah, why platinum. What is above Gold? I really didn't want to write "No Bronze, no Silver nor Gold Saints" so it fits for me. Corona Saints were only the name of the Saints in the Abel movie. But as Mei was confirmed in Gigantomachia, but Lynx backdrawn to a Bronze Saint I really had to left this out. I just hold at the Carina Saint because there was no dissagreement until now ;)

Ahh, I see! I haven't read Gigantomachia so I only had the Abel movie to go with, but that makes sense.

As for the Crystal Saint, well, he, the Fire/Incendiary Saint, and Docrates never had their ranks revealed either. I suggest the term "Elemental Saint" for them, since they appear to be Ice, Fire, and Thunder respectively. It also cuts off any discrepancies regarding bronze saints teaching other bronze saints (although I personally believe that the most important factor in Sainthood tutorship is experience, not necessary level of rank - but that's neither here nor there).

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...

Amarashiki

• News Master
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Awaken the ninth sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 05:29:02 PM »
Jep, I totally agree. It's the level of experience and not the rank ;)

For the others; they are in the army of Saints. And they wear cloths, so there has to be a constellation for them. I took the most appropriate here.....

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 12:57:56 AM »
are we talking about Alexei or Crystal Saint??? ;)

I think he was confusing the plot of a few characters... ;)

You don't have to be Silver to be a teacher. As I see it, Crystal Saint was the teacher in absence of Camus, so he could just be a more experienced Bronzi. Like Geist, Docrates or the other. They just had the upper hand first because they are Bronzies much longer. Look, if there were 100 children sent out to be teached, how can you believe that only 24 (at maximum) Silver Saints could do that...there must be other who teach also, even if they are just subordinates to Silvers or Golds and helping them teaching more than one at a time...

Yer, and besides the manga encyclopedia says some Saints just retired. You can still train in your retirement. :D

The anime side says, you can still be as powerful as a Saint, it just not in their destiny to have a Cloth...

Fruitify

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 06:02:15 PM »
Elemental Saint... thats interesting. 

Also, I agree about he ranking though now that I look more into it.  IE Suiko was the teacher for Shion and Dhoko who are both gold.  Oh were they training both of them to be bronze in Next Dimension then they are instantly promoted to Gold?  Oh wait, so Silver Saints can actually train more than 1 bronzies at a time.  Well, that explained the whole Andromeda Island situation then...

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 12:17:33 AM »
Sion, Dohko, Suikyou were all Bronze but Suikyou got promoted to Silver few years back and then you see Sion, Dohko get promoted to Gold....

Obviously Masami didn't tell us a lot of the whole back story of all that. ;)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 03:56:53 AM »
SUikyo wasn't Bronze, he got Silver rank directly! ;)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
Oh yer! :) Sorry about that.

Masami never revealed the Master characters yet... :)

Royal

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
There some of the Characters that should be removed from the list, and those are the ones created for the anime only, lets be serious, Steel saints suck ass hard, and altough many people like the crystal saint I think would be a lot better just to leave camus as Hyogas teacher as was intended in the manga, the fire saint as docrates were no real saints the director pull them out of his behind just to make the story a little bit longer and put his own signature on the anime, and a base on the fact that if you count them as saints then you should count the shark and jellyfish and I dont remember the other one..... Beside all that the work is Awesome and yes we should really see more of the bronzies and see them do something besides dying :) (they are really good at that in LC), Im pretty sure that Kurumada or somebody else authorized by him will show us the rest of the saints in the ongoing series, well not LC since everybody is already dead :(.

Well those are my thoughs...
Regards
Royals Knows Best

Amarashiki

• News Master
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Awaken the ninth sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 01:26:24 AM »
Steel Saints were man-made cloths, so no need to add them anywhere ;) but they were taken from a certain constellation so we can be sure there is a cloth out there and there are many people who like it to take all shown "Saints" into the constellation rooster as Kuru himself didn't show us much of the Bronzies...the Jellyfisch guys didn't wear real armors, that was more of spandex underpants than anything else, so why count them as Saints? ;)

Amarashiki

• News Master
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Awaken the ninth sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 04:45:35 AM »
Shiryu, Aries Mu or Tetsu. Did you allready analyse the scenes with Shion and Lune? I think there were some new Saints and Cloths...do you agree?

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 06:20:13 AM »
Hm... there was a new bird cloth from what i could see =o

Ooh here's one http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/169/10/

A bunch here like the snake or is that hydra? and that spiky thing to the right.

Ah, here's the bird up to the right [url]http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/171/04/]http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/169/13/[(url]

Ah, here's the bird up to the right [url]http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/171/04/

I can't tell if the cloth at the top is new or no http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/171/08/

Two strange Cloths in this picture, another bird and something i don't know what it is, shaped like a T or something http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/171/09/

And here is the bird again http://www.onemanga.com/Saint_Seiya_-_The_Lost_Canvas/171/11/

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »
Dove? :)