Author Topic: Stardust vs Blackfire Art  (Read 3069 times)

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
Stardust vs Blackfire Art
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:42:59 PM »
Stardust vs Blackfire is a science-fiction action adventure series created by Shavana and me. It is set in an own universe we created, but if you want to read them you need to know German, I'm afraid. (Here you can find the typed-up stories and the old artworks that Shavana and I drew with water colours: http://stayka.homelinux.net/svb/index.html )

This is my first new artwork for SvB, this time created with the GIMP:

These two characters are Alycia Cherylla Khyshisall-Blade and her partner Sir Cayvyn of Southern Ayryana and Eastern Sdayinisa, my signature characters in that story series. Sir Cayvyn is the heir apparent of the Duchy of Southern Ayryana of the planet Allirion IV/Naravina, while Acy is a self-styled "abstract performing action artist" who loves to run around in luminescent neon colours and who is the enfant terrible of the High Society of the planet Suune III/Tarishaan.

The picture shows the two on board the "Villa Alycia", Acy's home, a space station that orbits Tarishaan.

Sir Cayvyn plays an obnoxious Naravinian nobleman in that story and thus he has to take care to appear sufficiently arrogant and stuck-up to the public (actually he isn't even a Naravino, but no one doubts his claim the way he presents himself).

As for Alycia - originally she had a rather pale complexion, white-blonde hair and light blue-grey eyes (she was born at Solse IV/Enaryshavell where that is the most common phenotype) - and when she was still at school, a Naravinian Comtesse looked down at her and called her a "bland and colourless non-existence" (this has to do with a long-lasting enmity between the Enaryshans and Naravinians). Well... Acy got so infuriated by that comment that she decided "I'll show that brainless bimbo colourless!" and ever since then she ran around as bird of paradise.

Sir Cayvyn + Alycia Blade are (c) by Stayka deyAvemta
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:10:09 AM by Shaina [シャイナ] »

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Vane

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Eccentric fanfiction writer
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya Superfics Journal
Re: Stardust vs Blackfire Art
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 04:56:06 AM »
As Shaina knows, I couldn't read the stories. T___T  But I do recommend the artwork section to everyone. It contains several  cool pics that are sure to make you more curious about the SvB universe. ^^

"If you have any young friends who aspire to become writers, the second greatest favor you can do for them is to present them with copies of 'The Elements of Style'. The first greatest, of course, is to shoot them now, while they're happy." - Dorothy Parker

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
@Vane: Thx :)

So, here's my second new SvB Artwork:

Here you can see Karylla Noir aka Blackfire and Ryko Maiell aka Infinity.

Karylla is repairing some part of her spaceship "Lightning", and Ryko prefers just to watch her as he tends to be somewhat lazy most of the time. (And why should he work when Karylla is doing it?)

Ryko is an enigma as he doesn't look like he belongs to any of the peoples of the FGS (Free Galactic Star Republic) and his abilities are legendary - he is far stronger than he looks like and practically no computer system is safe from him. Moreover, he seems to speak about any language known in the FGS, and his knowledge about trivia of any kind is unfathomable.

Especially Stardust is permanently infuriated about the fact that Ryko seems to be perfect in almost everything, and whenever they bump into each other, she starts verbal fights with him that lead to them being so preoccupied with their bickering that it is left to Blackfire and/or Stardust's "partner" CASS or Alayn to actually get things done.

Ryko "Infinity" Maiell and Karylla "Blackfire" Noir are (c) by Stayka deyAvemta

While I was at it, I turned the pictures into proper cover artwork for the stories:

On this image you can see Karylla Noir aka Blackfire and Ryko Maiell aka Infinity at the command center of Nightfall Station, their headquarters which is located in the asteroid belt between the 7th and 8th planet of the Suune system.

BTW, if you go to the dA page and click "Download" there, you can better see the details, especially the black on dark-coloured stuff.

By the way, here you can see the difference between the old artworks and the new ones:

Here you can see Karylla Noir aka Blackfire and Ryko Maiell aka Infinity again somewhere in Nightfall Station. By the way, the floor and walls are slightly luminescent, so there are no shadows.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:36:26 PM by Shaina [シャイナ] »

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:38:18 PM »
This pic is set pretty much at the beginning of the stories - here you see Acy (for once without any masquerade) when she was assembling Ryko/Cayvyn:

Rama Olendris

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Watashi ha watashi sore dake
    • View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
I personally am looking forward to seeing more of this. Keep it up.
emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht daer nac uoy fi.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »
Thank you! I will definitely draw some more of them after I settled some art trades that I agreed to that involve Saint Seiya again. ^^

Voilà - more pics of Alycia Blade and Sir Cayvyn:

Here are two characters reference sheets of Cay and Acy:

This is a picture of Ryko/Cay with the first colour scheme he chose after his activation before he settled on his guise as Sir Cayvyn:

Two more pics: