Author Topic: ADV Officially Interested in continuing the Saint Seiya Dub!  (Read 19386 times)

ohtoriakio

• Saint in Training
  • C'est moi!
    • View Profile
Re: ADV Officially Interested in continuing the Saint Seiya Dub!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 04:51:05 AM »
Indeed! Hopefully it ends with us getting the rest of the series released, as well as Sailor Moon :P

Neiru2012

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Arayashiki
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Visions
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 09:17:52 AM »
Wow, I'd LOVE to own the complete official release! Looks like I better start buying them now. Or do you think they'll start from scratch? Anyone own the 2 collection sets out now? Are they both uncut (and/or not have blood edited out) or just the one released in 2009 by ADV is uncut? Also, is it true that the last boxed sets had really crappy packaging as explained by this video?

Sorry for all the questions. A complete official English Saint Seiya release makes me very excited! ^^ Not so much for the dub, since I never watch dub, but for coherent subtitles and good picture quality!

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
  • I own the Caek Cloth and am in the Pastry Squad :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »
Section 23 now owns all ADV stuff. I have heard no word on Saint Seiya from them, and they haven't really been doing much with any of ADV's things, they've been more gearing towards getting new releases of their own.

The popularity of the Lost Canvas anime will hopefully spark something, but its dark times for the anime industry financially, and ADV's problem with StS was always the price being asked for the rights. Right now, I don't think it would make any financial sense to pursue StS, but hopefully that will change in the future. With a lot of older anime making it over to Blu-ray, how amazing would it be if they released StS remastered in Blu-ray?

I'd have to buy a BD player just so I could buy it XD

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime
Shared: Balrog Rune, Perseus Argol, Harpy Valentine, Hypnos, Thanatos

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 09:40:49 AM »
Yer but they better put some great extras in the BD.

topaz989

• Silver Saint
  • Real Men Wear Pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
Wow, I'd LOVE to own the complete official release! Looks like I better start buying them now. Or do you think they'll start from scratch? Anyone own the 2 collection sets out now? Are they both uncut (and/or not have blood edited out) or just the one released in 2009 by ADV is uncut? Also, is it true that the last boxed sets had really crappy packaging as explained by this video?

Sorry for all the questions. A complete official English Saint Seiya release makes me very excited! ^^ Not so much for the dub, since I never watch dub, but for coherent subtitles and good picture quality!

Yeah, the 2009 version packaging is as awful as he described (and yes there is no insert, I bought mine new). I'm so afraid to ruin my box sets that I took a set of old CD-R boxes and put them in there. They are uncut and the difference between the 2009 release and the last uncut release is that certain episodes didn't have sound effects and those errors were fixed (which was the only reason why I got that instead of hunting down the old one). I really hope they release one that continues the last part of the Battle at Sanctuary.

Neiru2012

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Arayashiki
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Visions
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »
Thanks, Topaz!

I guess I shouldn't get too excited until the continuation of the series is officially confirmed, but there's just a deal at DeepDiscount where the new box sets are going for $20 each and that's SO tempting.

J.H.

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
    • BRAVE BLOG~!
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »
I think I'd rather see ADV let their license lapse on Seiya. Hell I think I'd rather just have someone like Diskotek take over and just sub Seiya like they've done with Hokuto No Ken or something along what was doen with the Gintama release (I totally forgot who put that together). I'd rather have Seiya subbed in the long run (I'm a sucker for original voice cast on all my favorite anime).

I'm not bashing the all the people who put the work into the dub but I'd rather Seiya was more readily in a complete form than the way we have it presently!

James

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
  • I own the Caek Cloth and am in the Pastry Squad :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
Section 23 is probably just discounting the StS box sets to get rid of them to make room for box sets of new acquisitions. They have expressed no interests in picking up any licenses ADV left unfinished. All they've been doing is picking up new licenses and working on those.

I still think the best chance for StS is if LC gets licensed in America (which I can pretty much bet won't happen). If it does and IF it was popular, MAYBE they'd consider trying to get the rest of the original series, but otherwise, Saint Seiya in America is, for all intents and purposes, dead.

I should contact the press people for Section 23 and bug them about it XD

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime
Shared: Balrog Rune, Perseus Argol, Harpy Valentine, Hypnos, Thanatos

texhonolize

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 12:27:29 AM »
Guess we can't expect any English dubs unless it's done in English by Manga, but doubtful. I can watch the Mexican version but it sounds strangely silly to me in Spanish.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »
Guess we can't expect any English dubs unless it's done in English by Manga, but doubtful. I can watch the Mexican version but it sounds strangely silly to me in Spanish.

I think the same thing about them speaking English. For 26 years or so, I've been listening to them speak in Japanese. ;)

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »
Honestly, the best hope Saint Seiya has here (non-dub wise mind you) is if the upcoming Saint Seiya Movie DVDs (Movies 1-4) succeed, and that convinces Discotek to make sets for all 114 episodes of the original anime (possibly more if that does well). The Fist of the North Star movie did well enough to warrant the whole series being released here (first set had all the dubbed episodes, the rest were sub-only).

CrasherSurge

• Has discovered the Cosmo
  • Abridger
    • View Profile
    • CrasherSurge's Youtube Account
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2014, 11:26:28 PM »
If they ever consider to continue the ADV Films Dub, I will prefer for them to go from the beginning to the end.

Think about it, if they just went from 61 up, then it will make the quality (audio-wise) inconsistent compared the previous Dubbed Episodes.
Also, I would like to see them recast a few of the roles or allow the Voice Actors to try a better take of their role. For example, Illich sounded
SLIGHTY amateur when he recorded for Seiya. Even the Voice Actor for Ikki, Mike McRae. But now, I feel as if they could work on their characters to make sound excellent compared to their take in the past. It's not entirely their fault, their Director is the one who didn't push them to a professional standard. Jason Douglas (the voice of Hyoga) was probably the most spot-on Voice Actor in the Series. He made Hyoga for what he is, a Passionate Saint! But there is always room for improvement.

Honestly, I hope their will come a day where they will work on an English Dub for the Series. People aren't really aware of this Anime and if they produced
Episodes, more people can get into it.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 01:26:03 AM »
With recent events, if Sentai were to continue the Saint Seiya dub, Illich would likely be replaced.

I have a prediction about the series that I've probably shared. I think that Saint Seiya will get its chance to shine soon. With the manga getting a digital release, Brave Soldiers, and the movies from Discotek, it's become clear to me how dedicated Saint Seiya fans can be. I've been a Tales fan for nearly 10 years and I've seen wha fan support can do to a series. Plus, with NIS America doing Cardcaptor Sakura and Viz doing both JoJo and Sailor Moon, I think the North American anime industry finally understands that there is a market for older franchises, especially if they never finished. With that said, I think Anime Expo will bring SOMETHING relating to Saint Seiya soon.

If not then, then perhaps down the line.