Author Topic: ADV Officially Interested in continuing the Saint Seiya Dub!  (Read 19380 times)

Amarashiki

• News Master
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Awaken the ninth sense
    • View Profile
Re: ADV Officially Interersted in continuing the Saint Seiya Dub!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:56 AM »
I will contribute too, I own the HK boxes with very bad subs and I was always searching for a reason to buy the english DVDs

But as the series stopped in the middle I never wanted to buy them - but if there is just the slightes chance that the rest comes up I buy them now ;)
one question

are these R0, R1 or R2?

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 12:52:45 AM »
The ones I posted from Amazon.Com are Region/Code 1 and comes as English Dub OR original Japanese, with English Subtitle.

Just what I need as am keeping my Notebook DVD Player R1 since I usually buy R1 due to its "better quality" or original format, or regionless DVDs (usually those *coughcough* pirated DVDs from Malaysia or the Malaysia Authorized Released Animes/Movies)

Amarashiki

• News Master
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Awaken the ninth sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 02:21:21 AM »

I want to see the movies on my big flatscreen ambilight tv and not on my tiny notebook - so I'm doomed :(
There's not code-free DVD around since years...

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
  • I own the Caek Cloth and am in the Pastry Squad :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 07:51:07 AM »
Are these the ones?

Saint Seiya: Collection 1 (DVD - Jan 13, 2009)
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-1/dp/B001KXZG2I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024379&sr=8-2

Saint Seiya: Collection 2 (DVD - Feb 24, 2009)
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-2/dp/B001N2WJ3K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024850&sr=8-6

Hmmmm....interesting. Must get them the next time I got money to spare (too bad next paycheck gonna be used for my Myth Cloth stuffs; paying back my friend for the plates and Camus apart from finally getting Camus Specter and maybe Athena Saori). ;)

Btw, how different is it from the previous release other than the covers?

Saint Seiya - Collection 1
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-Hideyuki-Tanaka/dp/B000CPHA24/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024850&sr=8-8

Saint Seiya - Collection 2
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-Hideyuki-Tanaka/dp/B000EDWKWE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024379&sr=8-4

Yes, those are the new boxes! They're not different from the old ones except that the packing was cheaper to manufacture, and they hoped re-releasing them would cause an increase in sales, which it did slightly.

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime
Shared: Balrog Rune, Perseus Argol, Harpy Valentine, Hypnos, Thanatos

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »
ooh, anyone kno if they released english box sets in america? sorry, i havent kept up at all, work is a pain. if they do have english box sets, do they have japanese voice+english subtitles? thanks in advance guys!
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:30:05 AM »
I found a site where i can get both versions! =D

So when i get money, i will buy them all =D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

ryuusei86

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
I already have the first 60 episodes in something like a dozen single-DVD boxes.  So I don't need the box sets.  But I am tempted to make a direct donation to ADV if it will help.  If they translate pegasasu ryuusei ken as "Pegasus Meteor Fist" rather than "Meteor of Pegasus," then I will cry like a little girl.  Though you will already be able to visit me in the crying ward of the hospital if the remainder of the original TV series comes out in English dub anyway.  ;D
Please feel free to call me Jack or R86.  :)

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 09:54:15 AM »
ooh, anyone kno if they released english box sets in america? sorry, i havent kept up at all, work is a pain. if they do have english box sets, do they have japanese voice+english subtitles?

As I had just posted :

Saint Seiya: Collection 1 (DVD - Jan 13, 2009)
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-1/dp/B001KXZG2I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024379&sr=8-2

Saint Seiya: Collection 2 (DVD - Feb 24, 2009)
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-2/dp/B001N2WJ3K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024850&sr=8-6

Cut Cut

Saint Seiya - Collection 1
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-Hideyuki-Tanaka/dp/B000CPHA24/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024850&sr=8-8

Saint Seiya - Collection 2
http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-Collection-Hideyuki-Tanaka/dp/B000EDWKWE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1242024379&sr=8-4

The Product Details According to Amazone.Com :

Format: Animated, Box set, Color, DVD-Video, Subtitled, NTSC
Language: English, Japanese
Subtitles: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only.)

Lionet Saint

• NankH Staff
  • Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Stand up for the Underdogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »
LOL! They have it listed as "Saint Saya."

I bought Vol. 1-12 once they were released and lately I've been thinking about getting the repackaged box sets just to make room on my shelf for more DVDs.  Vol. 1 cames with a box (Collection 1) and holds Vol. 1-4.  Vol. 5 also came with a box (Collection 2) and holds Vol. 5-8 but when Vol. 9 was released there was no box to hold Vol. 9-12.  If ADV is serious about continuing the series, they should do everyone a favor and do the entire TV series first and then release the anime in 3 or 4 box sets like the HK releases.

scorpiosgirl

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Art Page
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 02:31:06 AM »
I agree. I've been waiting for too long to hear the rest of the goldies (well the remaining two or three) voices in english. I hope one of them will have a sexi voice so I'll be in a fit of girly giggles-my god I have problems-but I highly doubt it, but can't a fangirl just dream.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 03:30:29 AM »
LOL! They have it listed as "Saint Saya."

Heh, I still can't get used to the English Title "Knights of the Zodiac" as grew up know it as Saint Seiya. Seriously, I feel people of most races/nationality & languages know the series as St Seiya more than Knights of the Zodiac. ;)

Chronocross_xp

• Bronze Saint
  • I am ever so good at science , sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 07:12:01 AM »
These are indeed good news, I should get the second collection soon then :D
Ryoma: If I can't run away from hell then I will just take care of the one in front of me.

Mark064

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 04:46:22 AM »
I've long since bought the single volumes so ADV should be happy enough with that from me.

elcubano1

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
Hope they do cuz I have all these DVD's that I rented from Netflix. Come on already it's been what 4 years or something.

kotetsublade

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 12:56:08 AM »
I just recently completed my English dub Saint Seiya collection with the last two volumes so this is pretty good news for me.