Author Topic: DaHaloChick's Original Works! =D  (Read 7059 times)

Steamrollers solve all - 無駄-駄!

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
Re: DaHaloChick's Original Works! =D
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Well, I like that.  It's nice to have a bit of characterization before the action begins.
Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
Shared: Minos, because HildaXMinos rocks
Adopted: Fenrir and Bud.
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
  • I own the Caek Cloth and am in the Pastry Squad :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
Not happy with the name I chose for Bradley (You'll see what I mean), but for now I just want to write this out~

-

Billie hadn't known what to expect when they had arrived at their destination, but a posh penthouse in downtown New York was certainly not what she had expecting. However, the doorman had greeted Bezik fondly as 'Ben', and the key he carried did indeed open the penthouse door. There were two other men and a woman in the penthouse, and all hell seemed to break loose when they entered.

"Oh my god, is he okay?"

"What happened? Did they really come after him?"

"Who the hell is she?"

"Silence!" Bezik roared. "The tale will be told in time. Janus, help Penelope get him into the bedroom and start healing him immediately; he is still alive but his wounds still need tending to. Vance, start on the tea."

Billie raised an eyebrow. "Tea?"

Bezik looked down at her. "He prefers tea when he wakes up."

She nodded. "Yeah, with two sugars and a splash of milk. Every morning." Bezik's expression was nothing short of amusing. Billie got the feeling that he hadn't really expected her to know that. She turned her attention to Penelope and Janus, worried about Bradley as they carried him into a room down the hall.

Vance looked at the two of them, swishing his long red hair out of his eyes. "I'll ask again, Bezik; who the hell is she?"

Bezik turned to him. "Hard as it may be for you to believe...she is his wife. Her name is Billie."

Vance looked her over. "Well, that's new," was all he said before turning into the room behind him, presumably the kitchen.

"Sit," Bezik motioned to the dining table in the next room. "We have much to discuss." Billie did so, tightening her robe around her. "Where would you like me to start?"

She had to seriously think on the answer to that question. "Who were those people that broke in?"

"They were agents, from the Underworld."

Billie had to hold in a laugh.

"I'm very serious," Bezik said harshly. "They were sent by The Council of Eternal Judgement to retireve him. He has a trial that he is long overdue for."

"He committed some sort of crime?"

The large man shook his head. "No, he did not, but they think he did. We are trying to keep him safe until we can uncover to truth; it is not safe for him to return to his own world otherwise. He is actually from the Demonic Realm."

"Demonic...Realm?" The worlds felt odd rolling off of her tongue.

Bezik nodded. "Yes. He is not the man you think he is, Billie. He is a demon, a very powerful one, by the name of Dorian."

Billie took a few minutes to let that sink in. "So that's why everyone seems so shocked that i'm married to him; I'd assume it isn't normal for a demon to marry a human."

Vance came back into the room, sitting down with a tray of tea. "You seem to be taking this pretty well, girlie."

"My name is Billie, and i'm only taking it 'well' because I happen to believe what you're saying."

Bezik raised an eyebrow. "You believe such a story that easily?"

She nodded. "Sure I do. Ever since I was little, I always swore that I could...hear people, sometimes even see people that were dead. Because of that, i've always believed in ghosts, and if there's a such thing as ghosts, then demons really aren't that far off, are they?"

Vance laughed. "There are plenty of people in this world who believe in ghosts, but not in demons."

"Well, when I say 'ghosts', I don't mean people sitting around watching you and flicking switches and moving coffee cups. I mean specters, creatures made of a deceased person's soul who have the power to do both good and evil, you know? An evil spirit could probably be more demonic than an actual demon, i'd suppose."

Vance grinned. "You know, I think i'm beginning to understand why Bossman became fond enough of you to get hitched."

~

Gotta go, my work break is over~ XD I'll continue another time =D Let me know what you think~
Billie sipped her tea uncomfortably until Penelope and Janus emerged from the room. "He is stable. I stopped his bleeding, now he just needs to rest."

Bezik nodded. "Is he awake?"

The dark-haired woman frowned a bit. "He was, but I convinced him to get some sleep. He kept asking for her."

Billie looked at her, feeling the malice underneath that statement. "He did?"

She nodded, her lips thin. "Let him get some rest, though. Wait until tomorrow to see him; he told me to make sure you stay here where it's safe."

Bezik sipped his tea, glad that he made the decision to bring Billie along. He had thought something like that might happen. "Then stay here she will. until Dorian says otherwise, she is under our protection. We treat her with as much importance as Dorian himself."

Vance sighed. "Yeah yeah, we got it big man."

Billie put her cup down, speaking up for the first time in hours. "Who...are you all anyway? In regard to Bra--Dorian, that is." The name felt foreign on her tongue.

Bezik turned to her. "I am Bezik. I am an old friend of Dorian, and his personal bodyguard, though that part only came as recently as this supposed 'crime' did. Penelope is our apothacary you could say; she takes care of our wounds and covers our tracks. Vance and Janus are simply warriors sworn to Dorian's service."

Vance scoffed. "He's also a long-time pal of mine. I owe him a lot, and hanging with him is better than anything else I can think of anyway. Plus those bastards are accusing him of some heavy shit that he didn't do, so I want to help clear his name."

Penelope sat after pouring herself a cup of tea. "What about you? How did you meet Lord Dorian?"

Billie sat back, smiling a bit. "That's an interesting story..."

~

That will be told next time =D Gotta go~

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime
Shared: Balrog Rune, Perseus Argol, Harpy Valentine, Hypnos, Thanatos

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
I'm just wondering... are you going to have this cross over with the first story you presented here with Little Miss OCD?  The situations, both involving the underworld ad demons, seem like prime material for such a meeting.
Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »
I'm just wondering... are you going to have this cross over with the first story you presented here with Little Miss OCD?  The situations, both involving the underworld ad demons, seem like prime material for such a meeting.

Hmm, I never thought of the idea, but maybe Penny has something to do with this supposed 'crime'. I don't even really know what the crime was yet, but I know it was pretty serious. I've never just written on the fly like this before, but i'm liking the way its turning out.

You gave me something to think about now, SSA. Thank you m'dear <3

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »
Glad to be of help! ^_^

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
Vance looked at Billie expectantly. "Well, spill!"

Billie looked up in thought. "It had to be...oh, about five years or so ago. I was 20, attending and dorming at a business college. One day we had a speaker come into our class from the business world, a man named Robert. I loved the way he thought and spoke, so I approached him afterwards and he said he liked my mind for business, so we exchanged contact information, intent on having me possibly intern at his firm i f I had the time during the next semester. He eventually got me that internship, right around Christmas time it was, so he invited me to the company Christmas party so I could meet everyone. Bradley was one of his higher-ups, and when we met at the party, we just...clicked."

Penelope watched her almost warily. "Lord Dorian was posing as a businessman all this time?"

For the first time that night, Janus spoke up in a soft, intelligent-sounding voice. "It makes sense if you ask me. There are so many droves of businessmen in this world that it would be painfully easy to blend in with them." Penelope almost scowled at him.

Bezik turned his attentions from the two of them back to Billie. "How did you come to be married?"

Billie smiled a bit. "Well, we dated for about a year and a half before he asked me to marry him. Bradley was always a very...private man, so only a few people in the office really knew about our relationship at all because he liked to keep it personal and seperate from work. I didn't mind that though; it was nice spending peaceful, quiet alone time with him away from the craziness of the office. Anyway, after I graduated from college, we got married. He bought us our house, sold his apartment, and we've been working and living together ever since."

"How long have you two been married for?" Vance asked.

"Three years as of about two months ago," Billie replied.

Janus smiled slightly. "It has been a happy marriage, I assume?"

"Yes," said Billie. "We were actually in the process of...um...trying to have our first child."

Bezik raised an eyebrow. "Children? Was that his desire or yours?"

"Both of ours," she said. "We'd spoken about children briefly when we first got married, but about a year or so ago I told him I really wanted to try and have a baby. He was elated with the idea." She frowned a bit. "In fact, just tonight before we fell asleep, he told me he was anxious to see if I was pregnant yet or not."

"Perhaps," Bezik offered, "He was adament about doing so because he knew his time was running short."

Billie looked at him, a bit alarmed. "Why would that have anything to do with him wanting to have a child?"

"That kind of connection would be useful to him in this situation," explained Vance. "The Council of Eternal Judgement has to weigh everything fairly and impartially. If they found him here in this world, they'd try to pull him back to the Demonic Realm. However, if he has ties such as a wife and child, they would be far more reluctant to do anything crazy that would harm that family. The Council is meant to keep balance in all things."

Billie swallowed hard. "So you're saying he only wanted a child to try and dodge this Council?"

Penelope grinned. "That's probably why he married you in the first place!"

"Hey!" cried Varian. "There's no reason to pull that shit on her Penelope; she's a perfectly nice girl and we can't judge anything like that until Dorian wakes up!"

"Oh, shove it!"

Bezik growled. "Silence! To say something so hurtful to the wife of Lord Dorian is inexcusable. From what I saw, I think--"

"Can you all calm down, please? This noise is ruining my sleep."

Every head in the room turned to the slouching form in the doorway of the bedroom. Billie stood slowly. "Bradley..." She shook herself mentally, reminding herself that it wasn't his real name.

He looked at her, shock coming to his face. "Billie..." he looked at Bezik. "What happened?"

"I took out both of the agents that came after you. She was by your side when the fight ended, and when I realized you had...that she was your wife, I took the liberty of bringing her along for safety's sake."

Dorian nodded. "Very well. I believe I have many things to discuss with all of you. However, one person inparticular deserves my explinations more than the rest of you." He looked at Billie, and she felt as if he was pleading with her to hear him out with his eyes.

Billie pushed her chair in, walking over to him and helping him stand up straight. "Are you okay?"

The rest of the people in the room watched as an almost relieved look came to Dorian's face. "I will be. I'm glad to see that you are safe. Come in here with me; there is a great deal I wish to talk to you about."

Billie nodded and helped him walk into the bedroom, closing the door behind them and helping him over to the bed. She helped him onto it, laying him down gently as she sat next to him.

"So, tell me the truth, and I want all of it."

~

Gotta go back to work now~ Next time i'll have his story =D

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 12:15:08 PM »
Well, things are falling into place, which is good.  Things are still a bit iffy, however, but I guess I'll just have to wait until next chapter then, now won't I?

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »
Well, things are falling into place, which is good.  Things are still a bit iffy, however, but I guess I'll just have to wait until next chapter then, now won't I?

I'm still debating over what kind of demon Dorian is, and what he can do. I'm also trying to think of what crime was committed and who really did it and why, and how Dorian came to blame. There's a lot of stuff I still need to figure out XD However, I do have a few ideas...

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
"Let me ask you this," he said, "What did they tell you? This way I know what holes to fill in."

Billie nodded. "Well, they told me you're real name is Dorian, and that you're a demon." she began. "They said you're on the run because you got framed for some crime, and that they're trying to clear your name."

He nodded. "Yes, that is all true. You can understand why I never said anything to you, can't you?"

"Of course I understand. You'd scare me off if I knew. You needed me, right, so this Council wouldn't lock you up?"

Dorian looked at her in surprise before scowling a bit. "Let me guess; Penelope told you that, didn't she?"

Billie nodded. "How did you know?"

"Because Penelope has been trying to capture my attentions since she came into my service," he explained. "Billie, I love you with all of my heart. I did not marry you for any reason like that; I have hidden from the Council for quite some time and I have no intentions of making myself known to them until I figure out the truth. I married you because you changed my perspective on this world, and on your race."

Billie blinked. "What do you mean?"

Dorian looked at her seriously, putting a hand to her cheek. "Demons believe humans to be foolish, indulgent creatures. They find them weak and easily manipulated. But you are the very opposite of those things. You showed me that humans can be strong, proud individuals who have the ability to grow and adapt far beyond anything a demon could imagine. It is those qualities that attracted me to you, Billie, and made me see you as a more than suitable life-mate." He pulled her into his arms, squeezing her briefly. "I have no intentions of letting you go. If Bezik had not brought you along, I would have went back for you, and if you would have been hurt back there, or worse...I would have hunted those bastards down to the very last."

Billie leaned forward, kissing him gratefully before resting her head on his shoulder. "I believe you, Bra--Dorian."

He chuckled. "You can still call me Bradley if you want, love."

Billie shook her head. "Dorian is your real name, right? Then that's the name I want to use, because the real you is the man I want, not some...false personality you created."

Dorian kissed her cheek. "Your understanding is appreciated, dear. I was always my true self to you."

Billie nodded. "So, what is this crime you were accused of?"

Dorian sighed. "Well...I am a...demonic historian of sorts. I am not one for many of the baser rituals and slaughterings that most demons seem to love so much. Instead, I wished to learn about how we came to be that way. So I started researching and recording, and found myself deeply fascinated with it all. I kept my findings mostly to myself, however, until I came upon a certain book."

Billie pulled away briefly, looking at him. "A...book?"

He nodded. "You see...well, this may sound odd to you, but just as demons really do exist, so do things such as magick. There are those who are rather adept at wielding such things whom we call mages. There is a small society of mages, however, that like to hunt demons, believing that it is for the greater good of the world. The theory sounds fine, but many demons live their own simple lives, not wanting to be bothered, and so I find it unfair for those individuals to suffer because of the deeds of a few who cannot show restraint. Anyway, I came upon a book of forbidden magicks. I decided to contact the Council of Eternal Judgement and alert them to it, as such a relic in the wrong demonic hands could appear to the mages as a declaration of war."

"I see," said Billie. "So they thought that was a crime?"

"No, that was not the crime. In fact, they were very grateful for me contacting them, and I even agreed to hand the book over to them." Dorian explained, "Although it was with great reluctance. I so wanted to research it and learn from it first before I gave it up, but doing so would have been dangerous, and so I bit back my urges and went to go give them the book. I had been so wary of the implications of a demon being seen with it that I had bound it with an old Egyptian binding talisman I had found many years ago and hidden it deep in a cave near the ocean where I was certain nobody would touch it. However, that was my mistake. When I went to retrieve it, the talisman was in pieces and the book was gone."

"I get it now," she said. "They thought that you'd backed out on your agreement to give them the book and gone and used it for your own purposes."

"Precisely. They wanted to capture me and then break news of the book to the mages, so that I may be judged in front of both parties to prove that the Council had nothing to do with the situation. However, I had no part in it. Somebody either had found it before or after I did, or had tailed me when I bound it and found some way to break it out. So, until I can find the book and figure out who took it, I must stay hidden."

"Have you had any luck?" she asked. He nodded. "No, but I am assuming that Bezik has, for he would not have approached me unless it was of dire importance."

"Wait," she said. "Bezik didn't know where you were? I thought he was your bodyguard."

"He is, but I seperated from him and the others to make searching for the answers easier to find. Besides, if they stick to close to me, they are in danger as well."

Billie nodded. "That explains why they were so shocked about our relationship. How long has it been since you've seen them?"

Dorian thought about it. "About ten years or so. We've stuck in the general area of where we believe the book to me, however I contacted Bezik via letter five or so years ago to tell him to go on without me. The Council had agents tailing me and I thought they were on to me, so I had to stop in one place for a bit to throw them off." He smiled a bit. "I got you out of that endeavor, however, so it was certainly not a waste. Now, shall we go outside and see what it is Bezik has found?"

~

I hope you guys like it! I finally figured out what the crime was! XD

Next time, Bezik shares some tales and we find out what Dorian's been up to as far as the book is concerned. Let me know what you think so far~ =D

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »
*throws confetti*

Horray!  You've figured the first big facet of the plot out!  From now on you just have to worry about the next one.

Anyways, it would actually be interesting if you had all these various snippets earlier on tie into this one.

But I do hope you continue, the pacing's good and I'm getting the hang of which character whose named starts with a B is who.

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »
*throws confetti*

Horray!  You've figured the first big facet of the plot out!  From now on you just have to worry about the next one.

Anyways, it would actually be interesting if you had all these various snippets earlier on tie into this one.

But I do hope you continue, the pacing's good and I'm getting the hang of which character whose named starts with a B is who.

Haha. I have a bad habit of winding up with redundant names >_>. But now that Dorian's real name is revealed, that kills one, so its just Billie and Bezik left, and thats not hard I suppose =D

I'd love to try and tie it in, but they're all from completely seperate stories, so it'd be hard to figure them in, especially since the others aren't supernatural in nature (unless you count the StS ending for Penny's story).

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 03:00:30 PM »
Billie helped Dorian go back into the room, sitting him on the couch. "Do you want tea?"

He smiled a bit. "That would be heavenly, love, thank you." She nodded and went off to make him a cup. "Bezik, I assume you have some news for me since you were in the area?"

"I do," he replied. "I have some possible leads that may help us find a way to track down whoever took the book."

Dorian nodded as he took the cup from Billie, patting the seat next to him before she sat down. "Well, fill me in!"

Bezik sat down with the others. "After you told us to split from you, we continued looking in some of the other areas we'd come up with, but found nothing. Eventually, we decided to split up ourselves. Janus went to Egypt to see if he could dig up some information on the binding artifact you used."

"I see, that was a brilliant idea indeed," Dorian said. "So what did you find, Janus?"

"Not much, but the little I did find could prove to be very useful," he explained. "I tracked the origins of the artifact down to an area in Alexandra, and found a nearby historical museum. When I paid it a visit, I asked the curators about it and they showed me a few areas which discussed the time around which history on the artifact was recorded." He sat forward a bit more. "One of the pieces he showed me was a book, which he said had detailed information on the artifact's origins and how it works. He said he nor any of his colleiges knew of any other detailed source on the artifact, and so I think its highly possible that whoever took the book either already knew what was in the tome in the museum or had somehow gotten his hands on it to read it."

Penelope scoffed. "If its locked up in a museum, how is that possible?"

"It could be someone with access to the museum's security somehow," Vance pointed out.

"I thought of that," said Janus, "But upon investigation, I found no motives among any of the employees there, and they are all very much human, so they have no connections to any of Lord Dorian's doings."

Billie sat up a bit. "Well, I have an idea--"

"Please!" cried Penelope. "We're trying to figure this out; this is a bit too complicated for you!"

"Silence, Penelope!" Dorian said harshly, making Billie turn to him in surprise. She'd never heard him sound like that before. He put a hand on her shoulder. "Billie has a rather sharp mind. Please, my dear, if you have a suggestion, I would like to hear it."

She nodded, feeling slightly shy suddenly at speaking in front of all of them. "Um...how long ago did you visit this museum?"

Janus looked up in thought. "Oh...i'd say, about seven months or so ago? It took us some time to round back up and then find where Lord Dorian had hidden himself. Our return attracted some attention from...outside sources though, which I assume was the reason for the attack on your home. Why?"

"Well," said Billie, "If it was that recent, maybe we can find some way to get our hands on any surveillance tapes they may have had? If the person who did this is supernatural in nature, they could have waited until nighttime and had some sort of ability that let them get their hands on that information."

Penelope frowned a bit. "An interesting idea, but what if the camera didn't pick it up?"

Billie looked over at her, putting her hand on Dorian's leg when he was about to speak up at her again. "I didn't say the idea was flawless, I just said it was an idea."

"It's a good one," Dorian said before sipping his tea. "I'll have to pour through my connections and see if we can find a way to get our hands on those tapes."

Bezik cleared his throat. "I can call Sherif if you like, my Lord. Her roots are Egyptian after all; she has lived long enough that she may know something, or might have connections to the museum."

Dorian's face lit up a bit. "That is a fine place to start, Bezik. Do that, and I will look through the rest of my contacts in the meantime."

"You can start tomorrow," said Billie firmly. "You really should get some rest first. Do you um...heal fast?"

He chuckled. "Yes, darling, in fact demons do heal quite a bit quicker than humans, some quicker than others, but I should be mostly fine in the morning; my injuries were not too serious to begin with, save for the blow to my head."

"Okay," Billie said as she stood up. "Then let me get you to bed; its late as it is."

"Yes, you're right..." As she helped him stand up, his eyes widened. "Oh...I had been on the trail of an idea as well...but it's probably gone now."

Billie looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"For the past few nights, I had been studying through a few books and internet sources to try and find information on the whereabouts of the book of magicks itself, hoping it would lead me to something."

Billie thought about it. "...Oh, the study! When I heard the commotion from upstairs, I saw a candle lit in the study and some books open; i'd closed the door over, those intruders never made it upstairs."

Dorian smiled a bit. "My dear, you are something else. Vance, would you be so kind as to fetch my books and laptop from my desk at home?"

He nodded. "Sure, Bossman, you just rest up, all right? I'll go get them now; anybody watching over the place won't expect us returning so soon."

The group said their goodnights as Billie led Dorian to the bedroom, laying him back down and laying down next to him. "Comfortable?"

Dorian took her hand, kissing it gently. "I am fine, my love. Are you okay?"

Billie shifted her head onto his shoulder, smiling when she felt his arm wrap around her. "I am a little...freaked out, admittedly. I don't really understand myself why I have been so cool-headed."

"You always did have a sense for the supernatural, I believe," he said. "Perhaps your instincts knew more than your conciousness did."

She smirked a bit. "...Darling? I have no doubts that you love me, but did you...really want to start a family with me? Was that an effort to keep yourself away from the Demonic Realm?"

Dorian looked down at her. "I will be honest with you, Billie. It was an effort to keep myself here, but make no mistake, a family with you is something I desire. For obvious reasons, I do not think now is the appropriate time to start one, but before tonight, that was why I wanted a child with such immediacy. I know that must hurt you..."

Billie nodded. "It does a bit, but I understand, and I believe you. After we get through this, we'll discuss it again. Is that all right?"

Dorian kissed her forehead sleepily. "That sounds like a plan, love." Billie smiled and closed her eyes, letting herself once again drift to sleep in her husband's arms with the sound of the rain outside, although this time it was not so easy.

~

And there's some more~ Now I have more details to work out, so forgive me if the next part takes a while, but let me know what you think~

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »
Well, I suggest you try to keep the ball rolling.  It's hard to get into the swing of things again after slowing down or stopping.

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »
I'm sick. Nyx is sick again. @#%#, life sucks. Anyway, here we go~

~

Billie awoke the next morning with an idea in her head. She waited until they were all gathered around breakfast to share it. "Vance, I think I should go with you to get Dorian's things."

Penelope laughed. "What good would you do?" She looked down into her plate of eggs as Dorian glared at her.

"Well, think of it this way," Billie offered. "Only those two people that Bezik killed knew I was Dorian's wife. For all they know, I know nothing about who he really is, and he's just using me. If I return home and act like I don't know where he is, I could waltz in and out with everything without them even thinking twice. They know all of you, right? So, if you walk in, and they are watching the place, a fight will obviously ensue."

Dorian frowned a bit. "Billie, I do not approve of this. You'll be in danger."

She smiled. "I didn't say i'd go alone. Vance can come as well, he can just stay hidden in case something does happen."

Dorian took a pensive bite of sausage. "...Janus, go with them; keep an eye on her the entire time. If you get any indication that they're going to make a move on her, then get her out of there and retreat immediately."

~

Billie pulled up to their house, parking and opening her cell phone. She took a deep breath and put on her best acting face as she got out of the car.

"What? He isn't in his office?" she asked the silent phone worriedly. "No, I haven't heard from him, I was hoping he was at the office. Yes, please do give my cell phone a call if you hear from him. Thank you so much, Susan." She closed the phone, putting on a concerned face as she unlocked the door and went inside.

"Bradley?" She questioned loudly, making sure to check every room. She knocked on the bathroom door and called his name again. "Honey, are you home?" She put on a frown. "Damn, where did he go?" She took out her cell phone again, punching numbers and pretending to hit the 'send' button.

"Come on, pick up, pick up!" she said as she jogged up the stairs, entering the study. She closed the door behind her, wanting to just hurry and grab everything, but figuring that demons might not need eyes to see.

~

I'll continue when I have time.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:20:33 PM by DaHaloChick »

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »
Woo, first original piece of the new year~

On the first page of this thread I have a piece I titled 'Lavender's Kill', where an assassin named Lavender who was part of a group called the Garden of Eden killed a man. In an effort to introduce people to all of the members of the Garden, i've decided to write pieces on each member. This piece is based on Adam, one of the Garden's two leaders.

~

Doctor, Doctor

"Hey Adam, can you help me?"

Adam put his morning paper down. "Yes Lavender, what is i-oh...my. Did this happen on your mission last night?"

The normally perky blonde nodded a bit sadly. "Yeah; I just got back. Menderson's thugs left me this as a parting gift," she said, holding up her arm which was covered with a bloody cloth.

He frowned. "Come with me downstairs," he said, putting his paper aside. He walked her into the basement, down the polished wooden stairs and to the door on the left, which was his personal medical room. As a leader of the Garden of Eden and their personal 'doctor', he felt it important to keep that work isolated so it was not disturbed. He eyed Lavender as she hopped up on the table in the middle of the room as he started rummaging through the wooden cupboards. "So what is it that cut you?"

"A knife," Lavender replied, "Double-edged. Kind of like the one Serpent bought the other day."

Adam grimaced. "I see. Did you complete your mission though?" he asked as he gathered up a bunch of materials and brought them over to her.

"Yep. I personally made sure Menderson's son was delivered to our clients before I left."

He nodded in approval. "Excellent." He took the cloth from Lavender and threw it in the bin with the contamination symbol on it, then took her arm to exame her wound. "Hmm, its not as large or as deep as I thought it was from all of that blood. However, it appears as if it's beginning to get infected." He picked up a washcloth and dipped it into the bowl he had and began cleaning off the wound.

"Ow!" Lavender squeeled. "What are you cleaning me up with? It's foaming!"

Adam chuckled. "It's a mixture of water and peroxide. The foaming is the peroxide cleaning out any dirt or infection in the wound. The stinging will cease soon."

Lavender frowned as he continued. She fought back the urge to swat him away at every shot of pain that rang through her. Instead, a mischevious grin slipped onto her face. "So, where's Eve? How's she doing today; is she off disinfecting something?"

Adam paused momentarily, then quickly went back to work. "Cleaning isn't all Eve does, you know."

Lavender giggled. "Well I figured you would know where she is, since you two are...close and all."

Adam looked the wound over before putting the washcloth and bowl of liquid aside. "If you're trying to imply what I think you are, i'll ask you to stop, Lavender."

"Oh, come on! You two have been together for, like, ever, right? You can't tell me you haven't thought about at least flirting with her! She may be a clean freak and a bit uptight, but she's got a good heart...and she's pretty!"

He sighed as he started threading a needle. "Personal relationship aside, Eve and I are both the leaders of this organization, and what we do is simply business."

"So that dinner you two went to last week was 'just business'?"

Adam held the needle up menacingly. "Listen here! Quiet down and let me work otherwise i'll surture your mouth shut rather than your wound!"

Lavender giggled a bit. "Sorry, Adam. I didn't mean to hit a soft spot, I swear. I know its your own personal business, I just don't want to see you get hurt...if you actually like her, that is."

Adam chuckled, starting to thread her wound closed. "I'm the doctor here, am I not? It's my job to make sure others don't get hurt; I think I can take care of myself."

"You know they say that doctors are the hardest people to convince to get medical attention because they think they know it all, so they diagnose themselves....even though sometimes they do need help and they're really just too stubborn to admit that someone who is supposed to take care of others needs to be taken care of every now and again."

Adam paused and looked up, raising an eyebrow at her serious look. "You're saying...I need to be taken care of?"

"I'm just making conversation," she replied, looking away innocently. Adam shook off the odd feeling in his chest as he continued his work.

~

There you go~ This idea got really stuck in my head while I was at work so I had to take the time on my break to write it =D. Let me know what you think, guys~