Author Topic: Saint Seiya fanfic meme  (Read 4936 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Saint Seiya fanfic meme
« on: May 25, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
I actually created this, but it does have some similarities to other memes.

1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press "forward" five times.
3. Write five fics/drabbles with the song names as titles.
4. The fics can, of course, be about anything Saint Seiya -related.
5. If the song has a non-English title, either press forward again until you come across an English one, or translate the original title.
(6. If you can/want to, take the singer/style (happy/sad/badass) into consideration. For example, if it's a sad Toshihiko Seki song, write a sad Milo fic/drabble.)

For example I got these just now...

Train - a somewhat rocky Junichi Suwabe song. It could become a fic/drabble about Pharaoh traveling on a train, with his head out a window and reminiscing about the past.

Madowaku no Sekai aka Window Frame of the World - a pretty/wistful Katsuyuki Konishi song. Fic/drabble about Ikki thinking about his past and how his life and views have changed since he met the other Saints.

Open My Heart! - a happy Takayuki Kondou song. ...This could be practically about any character. Since it's happy with that title, it turns into a fic/drabble about how Milo finally finds someone who makes him "open his heart" aka show his true personality and not act like someone he isn't.

Kokoro no Chikara aka Strength of Spirit - a nice/rather uppity Takahiro Sakurai song. Shiryu finally learning where the "strength of his spirit" truly comes from (a ShiryuXShunrei fic?).

Twilight Monologue - a calm/ballad-ish/sort of sad Kousuke Toriumi song. Makes you think about night, so perhaps it could become a "monologue fic" about one of the Saint Specters during the night when they invaded Sanctuary. Their thoughts, that is.

Btw, these were just examples. I don't think I have enough inspiration to write them. XD;;

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya fanfic meme
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »
Want us to post them in this thread?

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
Post the results here, and the fics in the fanfic section. Sort of like that, I guess...

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
  • I own the Caek Cloth and am in the Pastry Squad :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:16:47 AM »
I wanna try this! Here's to hoping I get some good stuff out of this!!! XD

ROLL THE DICE!!!

1) "Dearest" ~ Ayumi Hamasaki  ~  Aww, this is a sort of bittersweet song...

2) "Megaphone" ~ Harenchi*Punch (Now Known as 80PAN) - I sort of have an idea for this already XD It'll be tough, though...

3) "Life Is Like A Boat" ~ Rie Fu - I have epic ideas for this one already XD

4) "Red Soul" ~ AAA (Attack All Around) - Oh for the love of Athena...0_0 I guess I have some ideas for this, they won't exactly have to do with what the song is about...if I can even find a translation -_-;

5) "Piece of Heaven" ~ Weiss Boys - I can work with this XD

I will update and keep track of my progress. I gotta shower now, so when i'm done hopefully i'll have ideas for each fic XD

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime
Shared: Balrog Rune, Perseus Argol, Harpy Valentine, Hypnos, Thanatos

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
I guess I have some ideas for this, they won't exactly have to do with what the song is about...if I can even find a translation -_-;

...That's how I created it, twinnie. Only the title of the song, used as the fic title, is relevant to the resulting story. 8D
*pokes thread*

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »
I tried this again, just so see what kind of fic/drabble ideas I'd get~

1. Super Robot Wars OG (PS2) - The Sought-For Answer: given the general feeling of this bgm, it almost sounds like Ludwig influenced by Apsu and deciding to screw up the world. As that was his "answer" to his wife's death.
2. Kiniro no Corda 3 - Jinnan ~Danse Macabre~: a symbolical / fantastical piece about Mephistopheles Youma and how he basically makes people dance according to his whims, much like Death does with the skeletons in "Danse Macabre". (Btw, anyone else agree Youma's voice actor should be Keiji Fujiwara if the rest of LC ever gets animated? XD It just fits.)
3. Hideo Ishikawa - Taiga Toutou (The Overflowing Great River): Ishikawa plays Hades/Tenkai-hen Jabu and LC Oneiros, but this sounds like a title that goes with Ryuho and Shiryu. Father and son sitting by the side of a great Chinese river, just watching the flow and going philosophical about "the flow of life" resembling the water. And then Dohko's spirit joins them.
4. Takeshi Kusao - Ore ga Shinumade (Until I Die): Shura remembering his vow to protect Athena and the Sanctuary, right before he disintegrates in space.
5. Ryotaro Okiayu - Noel ~Harukana Hoshi~ (Noel ~Distant Star~): Sanctuary celebrating Christmas because Saori wanted to, and there's carol singing... including Kanon doing The First Noel.
6. Tatsuhisa Suzuki - Suimenka no Shikake (Tricks Below the Surface / Tricks Behind the Scenes): "Suimenka" actually means "underwater", but it has a double meaning of "behind the scenes". So... Haruto infiltrating some place and doing ninja things on behalf of Sanctuary?
7. Kenji Hamada - Mou Sugu Modoru, Sono Basho de (I'll Return Soon, To That Place): anyone coming back to Sanctuary after several years on the road, Ikki returning to visit Esmeralda's grave on Death Queen Island, Aiolos promising to return to Aiolia right as he dies (and then his spirit eventually does).
8. Kouki Miyata - Kenja no Kyuujitsu (Holiday of the Wise Man): the current Pope of Sanctuary is trying to have a day off... only for everything to go hilariously wrong.
9. Kishou Taniyama - Top Star Revolution: either Shion, Mu or adult Kiki reaching their peak and unleashing their strongest attack EVER (either a powered-up Stardust Revolution, or a new one).
10. Keiichi Nanba - Otokonara Seishun wo Honoo to Moyase (If You're a Man, Burn the Flame of Your Youth): Poseidon/Julian challenges Saints to defeat him after waking up.

Morana

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 03:12:26 AM »
Ok, I love writing and even though I have a couple of Saint Seiya fics waiting to be continued I really can't just ignore this. A couple of drabbled really can't hurt and with luck I can even finish these during next week after work so here it goes:

I.  Henai no Rondo by GRANRODEO - Well... while listening to the song (I was pleased that they Karneval had this amazing opening) and reading the English translations I found...Kind of can't push away the pictures of Aphrodite teaching Saga how to dance, the whole plot to it will have to be read.

II. The Last Dance by Within Temptation - this song is actually on my list of 'inspiring music' for many of my fics. It is both pretty, but also has a melancholic feeling to it so the pick from the ideas is obvious for the drabble: after being locked by Hakurei into the box Hypnos is remembering a dream he created for Pandora, for he could never play out the scenes in reality due to him not knowing how either her or Thanatos would react. (Yes, I kind of like this pairing...also what is going on in my head with all this dancing?)

III. Eskü (Oath) by Nox - oh, gues by whom one of the Hungarian bands decided to appear. The song has a nice rhythm besides being also gentle. So this might end up as a monologue drabble with Athena thinking about her reasons why she choose to reincarnate as a fragile human and her remembering the oath she had made while still being a goddess.

IV. Wars for nothing by Bogie - sadly was this song greatly misunderstood regards its meaning and that the performance wasn't as colourful and all should really not count. Also this fits good to a second monologue drabble featuring Shun this time. - One down, three more to go
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:49:15 PM by Morana »
"All Divine beings are by nature cruel, selfish, greedy, arogant, temperamental, jaelous and spitefull. Though the younger ones forgot, that even a god has a mortal side. Those who stirr closer to that side are able to learn about the human heart, but Zeus despises those who act as such." - Nyx

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 06:00:24 PM »
1. Tetsuya Kakihara - No-ichigo wo Tsumu ~Akazukin~ (Picking Wild Strawberries ~Red Riding Hood~): "Before you make me angry, you should turn tail and run back home!" Ryuho ends up playing Red Riding Hood in a 'school play' at the Saint Academy. XD ...Kakki actually played Riding Hood in a game, but this time he was a boy who turns into a wolf when he gets angry.
2. Saeko Chiba - Tomodachi da yo (We're Friends): this is actually a really emotional song... I keep thinking of Eden admitting he was lonely before he met Kouga and the others, and that he finally feels like they're his friends.
3. Initial D 5th Stage - Takumi's Theme II: Kouga, Souma and maybe a few others watching Initial D or playing one of the Arcade Stage games? XD And Kouga sucks at the game and keeps crashing into things.
4. Tenimyu - Koori no Emperor (Emperor of Ice): "Don't come near us, we will extinguish your life... a blade of ice, single blow of the soul" ...Sounds like Camus right before Hyoga fights him.
5. Daisuke Nakamura - Nada Sou Sou (Tears Overflowing): this song tends to cause mood whiplash. It sounds really happy and calm, even though it's about someone flipping through a photo album and crying after losing a loved one (Ryoko Moriyama wrote the song for her big brother who died at 23). So, a ficlet about anyone who lost a relative or friend? Like Aiolia with Aiolos.
6. Super Robot Wars OG - THE ARROW OF DESTINY: Aiolos, Sisyphus or Omega Seiya shooting an arrow as the signal for a final battle?
7. NEWS - Hoshi wo Mezashite (Aiming for the Stars): the song is beautiful and really catchy, plus the lyrics are about being reborn, aiming for the stars with someone leading the way, and love being precious. So, Saints in general voicing their belief in Athena and that they'd follow her anywhere since they love her.
8. M.o.v.e. - WICKED GAME: Mephistopheles Youma toying around with people.
9. Toru Furuya - Reckless Throw: Seiya when he first comes up with "Pegasus Rolling Crush".
10. Tomokazu Seki - Go the Distance: Andreas from Soul of Gold before he snapped.

And as an extra...

11. Toshiyuki Morikawa - Kimama ni, Panda-mama (Carefree Panda-mama): CGI Aiolos singing this song to a baby Athena to make her stop crying. ...And yes, that's actually Morikawa there... I'm still amazed he can do that, and then go as deep as Kyosuke from Super Robot Wars. XD Then again, this man is capable of breaking mics with a single scream... you can expect anything from him at this rate.