SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

106414 Posts in 4222 Topics- by 690 Members - Latest Member: kandascending

April 23, 2014, 08:19:35 AM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Saint Seiya FanSaint Seiya Fan ForumSeiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 65
Print
Author Topic: Seiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki  (Read 82902 times)
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 05:08:36 AM »

Shaina: could you create something that will allow thumbnails?
It seems the wiki can't create them fully at this point. Check here http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Saint_Seiya:_Next_Dimension

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Awakened to the 8th Sense
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 06:09:56 AM »

Problem solved Smiley

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Newborn [ニューボン]
  Male
Administrator
Acquired Seventh Sense
Admin of SSF
I'm back
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 12:40:27 PM »

lol in the ND page cosmic marionettion is written "Cosmic Marination".

the enemy will be inmersed in some sauce Cheesy

I fixed it ^_^

spoiler tag code
Code:
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

ROFL Smiley 3 That just begs for someone to draw a joke pic about it XD

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

Heh, doublefixed it by changing it to "Marionation", which is apparently a real word.

(Unformatted) mugshots and basic details are up for Seiya, Deathmask, Shaka, Cassios (yeah, I bowed to the more popular spelling), Lune (take THAT, popular spelling! It's a double Middle Earth reference!) and Fenrir! Fun fun fun, beginnings of a project. =3

Let me know what you think of the mugshot choices... I try to make them "interesting", unlike Wikipedia. =/

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.
Newborn [ニューボン]
  Male
Administrator
Acquired Seventh Sense
Admin of SSF
I'm back
View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 12:02:35 AM »

Newborn would like to make new pages and upload pictures >.<

how does he go about doing that?

I need to make a shion page >.> no one else better do it >_> I got dibs

spoiler tag code
Code:
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 02:27:29 AM »

xD just search for the page, and then click where it says create one =D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 07:04:56 AM »

Just tried adding a quotation to Deathmask's profile (to sum up his creed better than our clumsy human prose ever could), but it seems there's no quote template, to give it big fun quotation marks. Little help...? Just click Edit on his page, and you can see where I've written the quote, but it doesn't show up on the page itself. =/

Was thinking we could have similar quotes at the head of most of the pages; for characters, types of warriors, places, whatever.

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 08:17:01 AM »

Okay, I set up Template:Quote. If you would like the formatting to look different, you can edit it using this as how-to: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Template

That's how it looks like now: http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Deathmask

Himeros
  Male
Gold Saint
Still thinking of a Custom Title :)
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 01:20:16 PM »

Wow, a Wiki for the forum. Nice! But I must say that I'm very bored with the standard Wiki skin. The grey background with white layout. I've seen it too many times in the Wikipedia and other Wikis. How about some soft light colors other than grey and white? Smiley For example, the nice green metallic skin of the forum that Im using. Damn, I forget the skin's name but Shaina must know what Im talking about. I bet our Wiki will look good with soft metallic skin color. Someone just hv to design it Smiley
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »

Heyyy folks, sorry I haven't contributed really anything to the Wiki for aaaages, I've been struggling to graduate. >_< I just wish I was more Wiki-literate, the formatting really doesn't seem to like me. I know I only put up a few bio-skeletons, but... eh... they have potential! They're just ugly for now. >_>

IrrelevantMaverick
  Female
Acquired Seventh Sense
accio Aiolos!
View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 11:12:51 PM »

excellent idea! i don't know if it was created yet since i only read the last post and the latest few but i'm sure we can put together a great database.

hehe, Seiyapedia!! seiya or maybe Saintopedia!

♥♥Lune, Orion, Kagaho, Alone, Sisyphus, Fyodor, Retsu, Touma♥♥
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2008, 03:47:57 AM »

Well, if you like you can add info here, too:  http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
It's still pretty empty.

IrrelevantMaverick
  Female
Acquired Seventh Sense
accio Aiolos!
View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 01:04:50 AM »

Thanks Shaina!

i took the liberty of adding some information to the front page:

Introduction Saint Seiya was created by Masami Kurumada in 1986. The original manga series consists of 28 volumes. It was a popular series in Japan and later a television series of it was produced with a total of 114 episodes. To date, there are 4 movies based on Saint Seiya. Many years after the manga and television production of Saint Seiya ended,the Hades arc was picked up by _____ in 200(?) This was in part due to a French artist who was a fan of Saint Seiya(?) Following its' reanimation, interest was picked up.

Spinoff Series Currently, there are 3 manga series based on the original Saint Seiya storyline. These began as Saint Seiya's Hades arc was picked up several years later after the original television episodes ended.

Next Dimension

Lost Canvas

Episode G

I hope someone can fill in the blanks and question marks, it would be nice if more SS fans could edit and add their knowledge of SS there.

♥♥Lune, Orion, Kagaho, Alone, Sisyphus, Fyodor, Retsu, Touma♥♥
Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
keepin' that pimp-hand strong
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »

Thanks, Shaina! Yes, that was one of the biggest problems I had with Wiki when I revisited the site a few months ago. I was completely shocked to see that someone had completely deleted every individual God Warrior article in favor of a more compact (but extremely watered down) "general characters" page. That never made sense to me because I was always under the impression that Wiki strives to have the most detailed, informative articles possible, but apparently that's not the case anymore.

But anyway, yeah, I'd definitely love to help expand the Seiyapedia by contributing what I've done best, and that's individual character articles. Are there already existing pages that I can work on, or formats to look up? Or should I just submit/tweak my old articles?

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 65
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]