SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

110135 Posts in 4343 Topics- by 843 Members - Latest Member: gildaa

October 01, 2014, 07:14:42 AM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Saint Seiya FanSaint Seiya Fan ForumSeiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 67
Print
Author Topic: Seiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki  (Read 88766 times)
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Awakened to the 8th Sense
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 12:03:28 PM »

If you do the Portuguese? Tongue

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »

Awesome! Just signed up, I'll be psyched as soon as I'm done with work next week. I'll be able to make the odd contribution until then, though, I'm sure.

So, should this be the "discussing the Wiki" thread, or will we do that on the Wiki itself...?

Stuff like "do we title Shiryu's page 'Shiryu' or 'Dragon Shiryu'?", "do we put Kanon in the list of Saints or Mariners? (both!)", "what translations of the Evil Stars shall we use?" and all that...

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »

Well, you can discuss Wiki stuff here, too - then you'd have input from the non-wiki folks, too

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »

Sure, that'd be best.

Well, first I'd like to suggest character pages are headed with only the character's actual name; Seiya, Kanon, Saori Kido, Tatsumi Tokumaru, etc. Because there's such a thing as Pegasus and Sagittarius Seiya; Sea Dragon and Gemini Kanon, and so on. This is in contrast to Wikipedia, who (the last time I checked), described characters as "Pegasus Seiya", "Dragon Shiryu", and so on, which aside from being sometimes inaccurate, implies that Saints with no official constellations, like Dokrates, are less than real Saints. It's also kind of a misnomer, because Shiryu can be "Dragon no Shiryu" or "Libra no Shiryu" in the original Japanese, but he's aaalways Shiryu. The various titles and Cloths borne by the various characters can just be detailed within their profiles themselves.

Oh, and I'd suggest Kanon have a link in the Saints *and* Mariners, as he's officially been both. =3

Apologies for the academic language, I've been doing a lot of formal, sometimes argumentative work this week and I guess it's not out of my system. >_< Looking forward to getting silly again!

Van Fanel
  Male
News Master
Gold Saint
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »

If you do the Portuguese? Tongue

Will you do the German?

Cassios : Baboon can do Simple English. Grin
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 01:29:26 PM »

Sure we can go by the normal names, makes some sense to me ^_^

Heck to be precise, Seiya's full name is Seiya Kido, as is the same with the other bronzies Cheesy

I also think we should do a seperate article for the manga and anime, because reciting the differences over and over again is just boring Tongue

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 01:50:38 PM »

I also think we should do a seperate article for the manga and anime, because reciting the differences over and over again is just boring Tongue

Agreeed! Heh, that's some of the stuff I'll come to the Wiki to read for myself; there's a couple of manga-only events I have only the vaguest memories of from when I read them, and they've plagued me to no end. Misty, Babel, and maybe Moses killing the Dark Saints while Mu was disguising them as the Bronzies, or SOMETHING, for one thing. =/ Yes. My long-term memory isn't always that great. >_>

What about the Greek names? Latinate or hard Greek pronunciation (Cassios / Kassios, Docrates / Dokrates)? The latter is more accurate, but most people seem to use the former. Kinda like Aioros / Aiolos, but let's not get into THAT one yet. =p

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 01:59:37 PM »

Okay... I have now added Tetsu Aero and Gomess to the user groups Sysop and Bureaucrat - that means you have the full control over the wiki. There you go: http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php
And here's the Documentation for the features: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Documentation

Have fun!

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »

Cooool. The powerrrr!  shiryu

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 07:38:15 AM »

*Yoda^H^H^H^HRoshi voice* Use it wisely!

Van Fanel
  Male
News Master
Gold Saint
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »

Tatsumi by Van : Come to the dark side... We have Cookies! Grin
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 04:36:20 AM »

I'll accept those cookies if you can tell me how to enable uploads on this darn thing... >_>

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 10:59:46 AM »

Looks as it had to be set in LocaleSetting.php. I set the variable to "enable". Hopefully it works now.

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 04:35:47 AM »

Thanks Shaina, uploads are working fine now! Put a profile pic on Seiya's page, just as a test (not correctly formatted or resized), let me know what you think of it, folks!

seiya ...Is that really appropriate?

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 04:46:44 AM »

You mean this: http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Seiya ?
Grin! It's fine, I'd say.

BTW, if you like you can also use my Saint collages as pics for startes: http://stayka.homelinux.net/seiya/texte/profiles/st-profi.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 67
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]