Author Topic: Seiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki  (Read 165672 times)

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
Re: Seiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2008, 05:23:15 AM »
I think adding the kanji and kana (and at best the roumaji version for the not kanji/kana savvy) should be a "must" anyway. :)

(And by the way - what hinders you or anyone else to add "other possible transliterations: whatever / whatevva")

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 05:31:37 AM »
Oh, nothing but time. ^^; Sometime this coming week, though, I'll set about adding a few Silvers, maaaybe including "Jagger". X3 I'll probably head the page "Jaeger" though, so I don't seem all dictatey... Cursed democracy! ^^

Hey Taco, where were you thinking of heading next? Seeing as you handled the main Bronzies so well, feel free to fill out the Goldies too. Or join me in the land of obscurity (doing God Warriors after every couple of Silvers). X3

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2008, 05:33:19 AM »
Well, we should definitely add redirects for all the main alternate spellings, I'd say. ^^

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 05:44:27 AM »
Ah, now *that* is one thing I've never had to do. Can anyone else field that...?

I'll ponder other multiple-named characters... Hyo(u)ga, Shiryu(u), Ar(l)es... Heck, seeing as the HK subs are the only English ones on YouTube, we might get people looking for Ikki by typing in "Yafai"! XD

Hmmm, the Lymnades Mariner will cause trouble too. I'm sure most folk call him "Caza", but I've always used the Portuguese "Caça", because he's, y'know, Portuguese (heh, more different words that mean "hunt" X3). But that "ç" isn't exactly the easiest character to type in a rush... Still, anyone mind if I title his article "Caça", with Caza, Casa, Kaza, Lymnades, Lyumnades, Limnades, etc. as redirects?

EDIT: Um, thanks to whoever threw in Jaeger's article, that was a bit of a sudden shock. O_o Guess I'll add in my Jagger argument to it later. ^^ Oh, and Taco, I'm not sure if you wrote Shiryu's up from scratch or copied it from Wikipedia, but Ouko is constantly misspelled "Onko"... I corrected it, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware. ^^; And, of course, Ouko will be getting his own article at some point, so I'll cut down the section on him in Shiryu's article then. =3
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:22:55 AM by Gomess »

Taco o' Tragedy

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • keepin' that pimp-hand strong
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2008, 05:25:22 PM »
Ah, so that's who this Jeager/Jagger fellow is, the Orion Saint. Well, it's been a while since I've seen that movie, so I'm gonna refrain from commenting further. The name is written as ジャガー, however, so there you go. On that subject, which other characters have controversial spellings with their names? Besides Shion/Sion, Aiolos/Aioros, and Mr. Orion, that is.

Yes, feel free to add whatever images you deem fit to the articles when you get the chance, especially if they are fit the sections. Updated the Shiryu page regarding his popularity. Hey, if you saw it with your own eyes, then that's good enough for me. :P

Heh.. alright, I'll play around with the captions, then. And individual articles for the cloths sounds fun to write about, but I'm not too sure about the techniques having their own pages. So yes, I'd have to agree that it'd be better to lump them with the cloth articles or just expand on the existing sections of the character articles.

As for that plot hole.. well, you'd think Tenma would be shooting Sho Ryu Ha's instead of the Ryu Sei Ken's (wait.. "Pegasus Sho Ryu Ha!"..? LOL), but then again, we don't know for sure if he knows the move or not. It would be pretty sweet to see Tenma bust one out in tribute after what Hades did to Dohko, though.
Whoa, lots of new posts. o_o

Well, the Shiryu information was from the Wiki article that I wrote for them before people started deleting and restructuring items to the page, so the "Onko" misspelling is mine. Definitely fix it (and any other names you find) if it's incorrect. Downsizing? As long as he gets his own article, go for it.

Where am I going next.. well, I'll probably just jump between characters because my priority is to fill up the pedia with articles that I had previously written before I really start things from scratch. That said, I'd like to reserve Mime, Alberich, and Thor since I have their stuff all ready.

As for redirecting.. well.. that is gonna be a somewhat daunting task in itself since there are just about a million different spellings for each of the characters. You're more braver than I am if you choose to tread those seas.. XD

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 11:17:33 AM »
ku ku ku, i wrote the Jaeger article >=D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »
Gah! And you KNOW the first movie! You know she says 'Jaga'! I am ashamed, and undone, and betrayed. *weeps*

Buuuut, like I said, I'm bowing to popular opinion on that one. I'll just have to put "Name can also be interpreted as..." sections on a bunch of pages, including his. Let me know if they're not objective-sounding enough, once I've written 'em. X]

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »
I know the first movie, and i know how Kurumada names his characters ^^

Don't you think i've studied it enough? xD

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »
How can I argue with the coolest avvie on the forum?? =p

Shaina's is second. Always loved the idea of the Ophiuchus Cloth having secret-Goldie-ness. Especially after that secret stage in the first PS2 game.

Soooo, just out of interest, is the popular opinion on this forum "Aiolos" rather than "Aioros"? IF I make another Goldie profile, it'll probably be him. Or Milo.

...Or Miro? =pp

Taco o' Tragedy

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
I've always preferred "Milo" and "Aiolos" myself.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2008, 02:42:59 PM »
xD thanks Gomess!
I do love yours as well ^^

And yeah, Aiolos and Milo is the more common name. Since well they are more european then Miro and Aioros.

While we are on the subject of names in countries. We should add the techniques in the language of it's user ^^

Like Hyoga's Kholodny Smerch ^^

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »
And we'll spell "Koltso" RIGHT, darnit! XD

...So, wait, y'mean only if said name has actually occurred in-canon, right? It took me long enough to make Fotia Roufiktra into real *Greek* words, let alone Iraqi ones. *melts* Ahh, but hey, that actually might be fun.

Stuck a picture on the Seiyapedia Main Page, btw, folks wanna let me know what you think? Feel free to go out and find a better quality version of it, my polishing skills aren't up to much... ;_;

Taco o' Tragedy

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:23 PM »
Saga is done. I settled on the "Ares" spelling for continuation's sake, but of course the spelling can be changed. As for the page itself, I really had to restructure some of the writing because apparently I had saved the article after other Wiki users had added stuff to it. The whole thing felt like a puzzle because I had to decipher what was irrelevant (or relevant items in irrelevant sections, if that makes sense) and rewrite a lot of it. And I even forgot to do the "Special Techniques" section until after I'd finished it (it's there now - :D). Whew! Anyway, please take a look at the page and leave me some feedback.

http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Saga

EDIT: Well, the Aiolos article is also completed. We ARE good with the "Aiolos" spelling, right?

http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Aiolos

EDIT 2: Uh-oh, I was just reading some of you guys' previous posts, and Gomess wanted to write the Aiolos article, right? If so.. whoops, my bad.  :^_^U:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:37:23 AM by Tragic of Tacos »

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2008, 02:23:43 AM »
Gomess: That main page picture cracked me up. It's perfect! :D

Seiya's theme song: "Running up the Hill" by Kate Bush. ^^

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »
Glad the main page pic is approved... I know I'm not the only one who can appreciate teh lulz in StS. =D

And hey, don't sweat about Aiolos' page; I only meant, if-and-when I do another Goldie page, his would be the one. But I don't really like doing the main guys (to be honest, the reason I came up with Seiyapedia was to educate folks about the more obscure characters, and correct popular misconceptions like "Fotia Roufihtra", and godknowswhat people call Shiva and Agora's moves)... So, all in all, well done for taking outta my hands! XD

I'll check out these updates more thoroughly later, got some work on my plate right now, but Taco no Tragic, I must thank you looaads for contributing so much over such a short space of time. You make me ashamed and proud at the same time. =p