SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

109267 Posts in 4310 Topics- by 779 Members - Latest Member: yolanda

August 01, 2014, 03:28:37 PM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Saint Seiya FanSaint Seiya Fan ForumSeiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 67
Print
Author Topic: Seiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki  (Read 87471 times)
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2008, 10:17:44 PM »

Yeah, you know, like a "canon".

One problem with these new pages: Thor's God Robe. O_o I've just edited it, but where did you get "Jormungandr Crystals" from?? Also, the notes and trivia on Thor's page is moot, 'cos like I said, I want to avoid branding characters as "non-canon", and specific details about armour should be put in the armour's own page. =3

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.
Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
keepin' that pimp-hand strong
View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2008, 10:42:11 PM »

"Canon".. what, like the word we've been trying to avoid? 

And whoops, Thor's robe is supposed to be "Jörmungandr" only; the "crystals" part was left over from the Alberich template I borrowed. But Jörmungandr is the midgard serpent that Thor of Norse mythologies is arch-enemies with, and the armor is inspired by it -- just like how Hagen's robe is based on Sleipnir the eight-legged horse and Fenrir's robe is Fenrisulfr the wolf.

Oh, and yes, I forgot to take out the "canon" / "non-canon" stuff. Forgive me, the articles were from late 07. 

EDIT: Btw, I'm going to begin work on an article detailing the differences between the manga and the anime. I figured this would be an interesting thing to write. The page will be labeled "Manga vs. Anime", and it'll be a long process since there are so many stuff to note!

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2008, 04:18:15 AM »

Ok, but his God Robe is actually called the Phecda God Robe; I've already made the article, and that details its resemblance to Jormungandr. =3

Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2008, 04:47:07 AM »

Sure, it's cool as long as the information is listed somewhere. Smiley

Here's the "Manga vs. Anime" article. WHEW.. there's a lot of information there, and it's not even finished yet!

http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Manga_vs._Anime

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »

*Applauds* EXCELLENT job, Taco! =D That's really what Seiyapedia should be all about. I wonder if we should add some pics? Just to illustrate the differences.

EDIT: Fixed a coupla things on that article, mostly to do with the Steel Saints (they actually do represent constellations; Vulpecula, Dorado, and Tucana- it's a toucan, not a falcon ^^); also fixed a coupla broken links.

AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2008, 06:58:23 AM »

I think it would be cool for the Anime vs. Manga, you included in saying for the "Not a simple Handyman" entry:

Mu rescued Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Shun and the Black Saints. Ikki chose not to ride the teleport. Mu tricked the Silver Saints into killing the Black Dragon, Swan, Andromeda into thinking they killed Shiryu, Hyoga, and Shun.

For Anime only entries,

In the "Hidden Message", the AXIA was in both the anime and manga.

In the "Supreme Pontiff Ares", for the anime, Saga killed Ares first and then Sion. This was talked about in the Anime Specials, in the side story and the Digest Episode before Hades Sanctuary Episode 1.

--

For the Shaina article, it might be better to mention those flashback scenes she had with young seiya is anime only. Actually, all those scenes of young Shaina is anime only. They don't exist in the manga. You might not want to confuse people.

I been wondering about this for days now why in the "Shun" article, you have him trained at "Death Andromeda Island" is that a typo or are you using Shun owns words to describe his experience in the island....?

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Awakened to the 8th Sense
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2008, 07:08:52 AM »

Wow, that's great! I already think Seiyapedia is far better than the Seiya pages in Wikipedia (and they are more entertaining to read, too!)

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2008, 07:13:20 AM »

The Seiya pages in Wiki is fine it's just that  it just doesn't have the Seiya 'essence' Seiyapedia however, have the essence in loads.... Smiley

Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2008, 01:14:41 PM »

That's because Seiyapedia has actual die-hard fans like all of us working on it, while Wikipedia has people who want to condense pages. Tongue

@ Gomess:

Yes, pics are a must in this article, especially if we really want to point out the differences. I'll upload a couple after the article is more fleshed out, although feel free to add some yourself if you have them! And about the Steel Saints, hmm, I didn't know they actually had constellations, and I completely forgot that they show up during the Babel fight in the anime. Shows you how big of a fan I am of the Steel Saints, huh? XD

@ Mu:

"Not a Simple Handyman" has been updated, and the "AXIA" article removed. I also added a couple of stuff in the manga only and anime only sections ("Call Somebody Else"; "Young Goldies", and "Once In a Lifetime").

Well, I didn't work on the Shaina article, although I do see what you mean. And, err, yes, that's supposed to be "Andromeda Island", no Death involved. Tongue I really gotta be more careful when borrowing these templates!

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Awakened to the 8th Sense
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »

I added Professor Asamori as the scientist who created the Steel Saints' cloths (I should know - my OC Himiko is an assistent of his Cheesy)

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »

Just a note, "Blue Glide" is a mistranslation from either spanish or some european language. Sine the town is calle "Bluegrad" and its warriors "Blue Warriors" Wink

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2008, 01:49:01 PM »

"Blue Glide" changed to "Bluegrad". Cheesy

Also added "Ah, Tourists" which details the opening pages of the manga, and "No Application Necessary" which depicts the manga & anime differences between the bronze saints' visit of the Sagittarius Temple.

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2008, 02:16:22 PM »

Taco needs an award for the amount contributed to Seiyapedia of late. >___>

Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »

Thanks!

AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2008, 09:39:49 PM »

@Tetsu

Actually in my HK translation they spelled it in English "Blue Glide" I don't know where they got it from, but those volumes are legal ones with proper translation and it even is the updated lines.(Some of the Japanese lines in the Weekly Jump and Volumes have been changed over the years.) In this Legal HK version it actually follow the latest one at that time....

Though, there is no official English Spelling but if we want the connection to the Anime. We can spell it like Blue Guard or Blue Gard.

In Cosmo special, the spelling for the warriors of Blue Gard is actually "Blue Warriurs" But I think it's cool either way to spell it... Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 67
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]