SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

110876 Posts in 4379 Topics- by 908 Members - Latest Member: marian

November 26, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Saint Seiya FanSaint Seiya Fan ForumSeiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 67
Print
Author Topic: Seiyapedia - our own Saint Seiya Wiki  (Read 90135 times)
Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
keepin' that pimp-hand strong
View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »

Gomess, well, a clause sounds good to me if only for organization's sake. As for the timeline, I think that's a good idea, but I'd like to expand on that by suggesting two versions of the timeline: a simple one for the front page, and then a more detailed one under its own page.

So the timeline is: Hypermyth -> LC / ND -> Episode G -> Anime / Manga -> Gigantomachia.

Hey Mu, any chance I could read the Gigantomachia and the Hypermyth online somewhere? Cheesy I remember reading the Hypermyth a long time ago (98? 99? Oh man..) and I was fascinated by it. Wish I had saved the page! 

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...
AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »

You can read my translation of the Hypermyth or Great Holy War History here:
http://members.tripod.com/~PhilipHo/Zeus-E.html

The Japanese version is here:
http://members.tripod.com/~PhilipHo/Zeus-J.html

Both pages has pictures. Enjoy!! Smiley

The Gigantomachia Translation was posted in the forum here:
http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=127.0

But there are minor errors in that translation.

A little add to the time line. You can ignore if you like Smiley

LC / ND -> Episode G -> Anime / Manga -> Gigantomachia -> Tenkai Hen Manga

What ever Masami decides to call the coming manga "Saint Seiya Evolution"??? Smiley

Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2008, 11:27:48 PM »

Thanks, it was great to read that again. One thing that I found very interesting is how badass Athena and the saints of the past used to be. I mean, Poseidon floods the land with sea water, and she responds by sending eight saints to sink his entire continent. It's like the ancient reincarnation of Athena was Shaina or something. XD

Yes, that timeline is fine and dandy, although I'd like to tweak it just one more time:

Hypermyth -> LC / ND -> Side Story -> Episode G -> Anime / Manga -> Gigantomachia -> Tenkai Hen Manga

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2008, 01:16:50 AM »

...But they're novels, there's no pictures. Unless you mean the covers, which were just reprints, and so don't really count. I'm sure I read somewhere reliable that they take place between Poseidon and Hades.

Then again, I could be even wronger than I thought. =p Can anyone prove Gigantomachia's place, either way...?

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.
Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »

I just glanced over Gigantomachia real quick, and, wait a minute, it seems to follow its own continuity because Seiya is no longer comatose in that story. So unless something puts him back in the wheelchair at the end of the novel, Tenkai-hen can't directly follow it. Hmmm.

Checking up on Seiyapedia, and it like a lot of new pages have spun up -- Shunrei, Tatsumi, Saori, Shaina. Very exciting stuff. So who's the new contributor? Cheesy

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2008, 02:48:25 AM »

I'm sure Gigantomachia makes reference to Poseidon, as if it follows it; I'll have to check that out. But it doesn't follow Hades, that much I'm sure of.

And I know the Saori article, at least, was added by my number one gal, who's not a board member, but hey. She informs me she fixed some broken links too, but I haven't checked what... Still, the 'Pedia's growing, huh? ^^

Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2008, 03:37:07 AM »

Yeah, plus the cover arts for the novels are Seiya in his second armor. Wink

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »

Guys! Many pictures are used even Sanctuary Chapter and Hades Chapter ones but the *text* itself specifically describes the Hades Chapter Version Bronze Pegasus.

The novels are outside stories like The Cygnus Story Manga, just because Hyoga is not in the coma doesn't mean the story don't have happen after Sanctuary. Hyoga didn't learn Aurora Execution 12 Temple Chapter, Masami purposely ignores the coma thing to do the outside manga.

For Gigantomachia novels, it's the same, the story ignores the Seiya cosmo/life energy sealed thing, but still the story happens after Hades. He didn't get that Cloth until Hades Chapter!

It just a comic book technique so the writer/mangaka can write more stuff, you dig? Smiley

About the Poseidon reference, the novel talks about the Poseidon in the Hypermyth, not the Poseidon in the Poseidon Holy War that Seiya fought with. If you are talking about the Adverts for the novels, mentioning 'Poseidon Era', I have seen them but those adverts are filled with errors. It claims there is a new character name  'Ra-nia', any body who has read the novels knows there's *no Narina* character, I think they mean Yuri of Sextants Bronze. Smiley

Gomess, Hope this helps... Smiley

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »

Welllll, I own the novels myself, and don't see any reference to the Hades armour. Care to give a specific quotation...?

AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »

First Novel Page 47 translation:

"Pegasus"

The Pegasus Statue separates, the head of the Pegasus Part with wings becomes a helmet(mask) protecting Seiya's head.

The Body expands greatly and transforms into chest armor.

The Neck becomes Right Arm covering

The Tail is worn on Left Arm even knuckle guard comes out too to protect the fist.

The Chest becomes the belt worn on waist.

The Front Legs and Back Legs complexly join together to protect the 2 legs, from the toes to the thighs.

--

Gomess, look carefully the Pegasus Separation Bronze Cloths in the volumes, there is *only one* Cloth that fits this description in the novel, *The Hade Chapter Bronze*

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

That is more conclusive. But I fail to see how that's proof enough that Gigantomachia takes place after The Hades, when Hyoga's Cloth in the Cygnus Story (which was written and drawn by Kuruman himself) is no proof that it occurs before Camus' death.

The Hades version of the Pegasus Cloth would've been the most recent then, yes, so Gigantomachia's author probably would've used it for the sake of familiarity; that's all it means, really. Why should a Cloth be more of a determining factor in when a story happens than the fact Seiya can use his legs...?

But now I'm thinking if we can't even conclusively prove when Cygnus Story takes place, there's very little point trying to do the same with Gigantomachia. They should both remain as simple "Gaiden", as far as I'm concerned now. Who's with me...? >_>;

AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »

Look, I don't want to go in circles with you but the argument you just made can also be used to argue that you can't claim that the novels takes place after Poseidon and before Hades.

The reason I brought up the thing was someone was thinking about the timeline. I can give you more reasons why I think the novels happens after Hades but at  this time,it's mute. Like I said in past posts, 'do you mix manga and anime ideas?????'

Anyway, like I said before, upload all the info and and let people decide if it's useful or not....

Peace!! Smiley

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2008, 12:04:26 PM »

Look, I don't want to go in circles with you but the argument you just made can also be used to argue that you can't claim that the novels takes place after Poseidon and before Hades.
Yeah, that's what I mean; I realised it'd be better to not try forcing things like Gigantomachia and Cygnus Story into the timeline; just like the movies. Even Heaven Chapter~Overture, an explicit sequel to Elysion, is technically a Gaiden, because Kuruman didn't like it... It's all just too complex to try forcing it. But, I still stand by not using terms like "canon" or "non-canon" at ALL in Seiyapedia. I think we're on the same wavelength, really.

AriesMu188

Gold Saint
Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2008, 08:14:49 PM »

Cool Smiley

Taco o' Tragedy
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2008, 02:10:37 PM »

Couple of pages I want to nail down today:

Alberich
Kanon
Thor

EDIT: The articles are done!

http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Alberich
http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Kanon
http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Thor

Well, actually, Kanon is missing a "Name meaning" section because I'm not sure what it is. Is it another form of "telling a story", as suggested?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 67
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]