Author Topic: Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion  (Read 9022 times)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »
Yeah from the shows you mentioned I have only seen FMA and she was good. I liked her as Phantasos too from Lost Canvas as well as Miharu in Nabari no Ou.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 04:31:40 PM »
Yeah, Rie Kugimiya is great in the roles where she uses her more mature voice. ...Whenever she's voicing a "moe" character, I just feel annoyed - even her singing irks me because the "cuteness" just makes her sound like a chipmunk. ...I love her songs as Alphonse from FMA and Nemu from Bleach since they're deeper~

Yui Horie is one of the few seiyuu who actually DON'T annoy me with their moe voices. I LOVE her moe voice (and her deeper voices, too). She's been one of my favorite female seiyuu for years.  :blushy:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:37:43 PM by Raiden [雷電] »

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2015, 02:27:27 AM »
HAh interesting thread and also quite creepy T-T xD

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2015, 03:13:41 AM »

Yui Horie is one of the few seiyuu who actually DON'T annoy me with their moe voices. I LOVE her moe voice (and her deeper voices, too). She's been one of my favorite female seiyuu for years.  :blushy:

I still don't like her when she does "moe" voices but when she doesn't, I love her voice. ;)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2015, 05:24:20 PM »
I swear to God if I hear Akira Ishida in something else I'm gonna go insane.  I went straight from playing Freedom Wars to Gundam Breaker 2 and he uses the same voice in both games.  And if that isn't him voicing that same kind of character he's been voicing for years at this point in GB2, then I REALLY wish they'd stop copying him.

@vladko92:  Creepy?

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2015, 08:54:35 AM »
I'm usually bothered when voice actors always sound the same in every role they play, but Akira Ishida is one of the few that I don't mind. His voice always stays basically the same - it's either the depth of his voice, his tone or the speech pattern (or a combination) that makes the characters different.

Female role: Julia from Ice. An actual pretty woman at that.
Girly roles: Fish Eye from Sailor Moon.
Usual voice: Hakkai from Saiyuki, Xelloss from Slayers, White Joker from Alice in the Country of Hearts.
Energetic goof (rare role for him): Reid Hershel from Tales of Eternia.
Flamboyant, but normal: Cavendish from One Piece, partially Mizuki from Prince of Tennis and Amor from Omega.
Slightly deeper voice and vicious attitude: Black Joker from Alice in the Country of Hearts, Mekibos from Super Robot Wars.
Deep stoic voice: all of his Haruka roles (Yasuaki, Yasutsugu, Ridvan and Ashvin), Kent from Amnesia, Gaara from Naruto, Judas from Saint Beast, partially Kotaro from Starry Sky.
Then there's roles where he uses both his normal voice and a deeper voice, like Chrono from Chrono Crusade.

...And thanks to going through his resume, I found a whole lot of anime to watch. *makes a list*

PS. Other voice actors who have the same problem as Ishida? Takehito Koyasu and Takahiro Sakurai. They sound the same in practically every role - especially Koyasu. All of his stoic roles sound the same and I'm honestly getting really tired of them (though there ARE some that I really like, including Ryosuke from Initial D and Aya from Weiss Kreuz). He should play trolls and large hams more often - Shu Shirakawa is my favorite character from him, and Gym Ghingham is just epic. Oh, right - I also like him in the rest of his Gundam roles and goofy roles like Freyr from Matantei Loki. It's the deep stoic schtick that's making him seem typecast...

As for Sakurai, he's got this problem with "serious prince" (i.e. some sort of calm gentleman) roles. :\ He often ends up playing them and sounds the same each time. I was turned off after listening to one too many of them, and it was only last year that I've begun to find him fun again. All thanks to Miyuki from Ace of Diamond. Honestly, that type of role... the impish troll guy. He should do THOSE more often. I'm never getting tired of Miyuki and his laughing and that "What are you, an idiot?" tone whenever he says something (plus Miyuki is scary when he's serious... Sakurai is so much better at "scary serious" than "gentlemanly serious"). ...He also needs to play nice and/or ditzy guys more often... I just really like Nabae from Baby Steps~

These are the series I'm intending to watch that have Sakurai in them:

[spoiler]Baby Steps 2
Fairy Tail (though it also has lots of other voice actors I like)
Magi (this one also has lots of VAs I like, plus I already read the manga)
Naruto (same with this one)
Shirokuma Cafe
Valkyria Chronicles (actually, my main reason is Susumu Chiba's ditzy Welkin... but Sakurai's Faldio is a nice bonus)

There are others, but these are the ones that are the highest on my list for now.[/spoiler]

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 11:55:23 AM »
I think we already talked about Takehito Koyasu like a year ago, but yeah, dude really needs to spice it up a bit.  Shu and Gym both sound great, and then you have his voice where he tries to sound like Rei in HnK, which seems to be what he uses for everything.

Apparently Takahiro Sakurai has been in half the anime made in the past decade and a half.  "Serious prince" definitely describes the kind of voice he uses.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 07:03:11 PM »
I was pretty surprised at Sakurai in Digimon Xros Wars, though. Dorulumon and Psychemon/Astamon sound pretty different from his usual "serious prince" voice (Dorulumon is manly and badass, while Astamon is charming but more of an "evil prince"). And then I heard Miyuki and Nabae. Bam, he's among my favorites again.

...And that got me thinking about Haikyuu's second season. I really want Tomokazu Sugita to play Bokuto... only he would be capable of being as loud and goofy while still a capable, strong player.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
Now when I checked Takahiro Sakurai, Voice Acting through the animes... I have to tell you that he have been voicing a lot of characters from very popular animies and animies which I've watched... but what he have voiced in Saint Seiya? He sounded like Ikki... but I might be mistaken...

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 05:40:56 AM »
Sakurai was Shiryu in the Hades arc and Griffon Minos in LC. ...I'm REALLY happy about that latter one since he showed he can pull off crazy roles.

SageofTime

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 03:09:34 PM »
Whenever she's voicing a "moe" character
What is moe? and what is Seiyuu?  is that another name for voice actor? I don't know these things

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
What is moe? and what is Seiyuu?  is that another name for voice actor? I don't know these things

To put it in an easy to understand way...moe is a cute girl character. Seiyuu are Japanese voice actor/actress...I don't think it'll do you much good to know more than that -_-''

SageofTime

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »
I find the high pitch female voices really annoying after awhile like Marie Antoinette from Roses of Versailles  :>_<: and I don't know if that series is Historically accurate maybe some of it.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »
It's historical fiction.  Oscar wasn't a real person.  Still a great show, though.

As for Marie Antoinette's voice, it suited her, and it got less-squealy and more mature as she matured.

SageofTime

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 10:47:09 PM »
It's historical fiction.  Oscar wasn't a real person.  Still a great show, though.

As for Marie Antoinette's voice, it suited her, and it got less-squealy and more mature as she matured.
I know that Oscar isn't a real person. I know that majority of the characters are base on real people but Rosalie and Madame Polign think I spelled her name wrong are not related nither is Jeanne.