Author Topic: Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion  (Read 9020 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Re: Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 11:30:20 PM »
HK subs? Is Ayu supposed to be a HK-based group? o_O; IIRC they subbed the OVAs. I don't really mind HK subs that much anymore since I can understand the basics of spoken Japanese by now - so if there are a few lines that are off, I can pick out the errors and know what's really going on. XD

I should really get the Super Robot Wars OG series one of these days. I love that series way too much to skip the anime... and I also need to watch Initial D's 5th Stage. The fandom has been waiting for that season for around 6 years and it's finally here! <3 Initial D is also one of those series where Takehito Koyasu's character is one of my favorites (I also like the other two main characters, voiced by Shinichiro Miki and Tomokazu Seki - it's always fun to watch MikiShin playing younger characters. Takumi is so stoic and clueless that it's adorkable~).

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »
Yes Ayu is HK based group. Recently Double One was done by AH-AZK and Zero by BluDragon  which both of them have done a very good job unlike Ayu. I understand by the time you watch Saga and Shin you will know some Japanese and you will mostly laugh when you see the subs when you know the actual meaning of the sentence. I know I did. :P
I haven't watched Initial D yet but I have heard that it is really good show. Super Robot Wars OG is pretty awesome highly recommended to all mecha fans. :D
Remind me something...it's not by Sunrise right?Super Robot Wars OG I mean.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 01:27:26 AM »
SRW is Banpresto - their games tend to have mash-ups of several different series, but they've also created so many original characters that they branched into the OG timeline. It only features Banpresto originals.

The mascot mecha of the series is called Banpreios. XD

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 04:35:49 AM »
In terms of female seiyuu I must say I like how they were voiced back in 80s-05(or somewhere there). In the newer shows they either have that slutty voice or bitchy one. There are a few exceptions of course(I have to check those exceptions in case they are actually "old" actresses) but yeah...most of them are like that. I don't know that's how I feel. Now whether it's because the new anime era demands it or not that I do not know.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »
I like female seiyuu with either deep/boyish or mature/refined voices the most, like Ai Orikasa, Mitsuki Saiga, Sayaka Ohara, Yumi Touma and Kikuko Inoue. Ai Orikasa is in fact my top-favorite female seiyuu. ...And I adore Kikuko for her vocal range - she can go from cute girls to sounding like badass warrior ladies and antiheroes (Lobelia Carlini is awesome~). I pretty much love the whole female cast of Sakura Taisen - even the squeaky ones.

Moe or "cute" voices annoy me immensely. I can't stand Rie Kugimiya's moe voice at all. ....Though in comparison, some "moe" voices surprise me by being absolutely adorable - see, I usually dislike Mamiko Noto since she sounds breathy and really strange. Then she voiced Aria in Omega and I immediately felt like jumping in the TV-screen to huggle the girl.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 05:27:14 AM »
I like female seiyuu with either deep/boyish or mature/refined voices the most, like Ai Orikasa, Mitsuki Saiga, Sayaka Ohara, Yumi Touma and Kikuko Inoue.

No Romi Paku?  :nani:

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2014, 06:04:04 AM »
I like female seiyuu with either deep/boyish or mature/refined voices the most, like Ai Orikasa, Mitsuki Saiga, Sayaka Ohara, Yumi Touma and Kikuko Inoue. Ai Orikasa is in fact my top-favorite female seiyuu. ...And I adore Kikuko for her vocal range - she can go from cute girls to sounding like badass warrior ladies and antiheroes (Lobelia Carlini is awesome~). I pretty much love the whole female cast of Sakura Taisen - even the squeaky ones.

Moe or "cute" voices annoy me immensely. I can't stand Rie Kugimiya's moe voice at all. ....Though in comparison, some "moe" voices surprise me by being absolutely adorable - see, I usually dislike Mamiko Noto since she sounds breathy and really strange. Then she voiced Aria in Omega and I immediately felt like jumping in the TV-screen to huggle the girl.

Totally agree with you with the entire post except for Mamiko Noto. I still don't like her even if she had voiced Aria lol but yeah I guess I am not the only one that feels like that.

No Romi Paku?  :nani:

Yup like Paku Romi!

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
Romi Paku is a bit overrated in my opinion. ...She pretty much sounds the same as Edward Elric and Hitsugaya. I basically like women who sound more refined and even more boyish than she does.

...Mitsuki Saiga, for ex. She actually looks very boyish, and she's the only female seiyuu who appears on "ikemen" (handsome young man) seiyuu lists among all the guys. XD She sounds manly even while singing, PLUS she was Takahiro Sakurai's (LC Minos) childhood friend and always saved him from bullies. She's a real life bifauxnen. XD http://www.kenproduction.co.jp/member.php?mem=w22 Here, give her voice clips a listen. She sounds even deeper than Romi does.

If I put my 'taste' in female voices in one term, it would be "big sister figure".

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2014, 04:46:30 PM »
Romi Paku is a bit overrated in my opinion. ...She pretty much sounds the same as Edward Elric and Hitsugaya. I basically like women who sound more refined and even more boyish than she does.
Yeah I know what you mean but I still like her for her female roles not the male roles. She will never sound like the others do that's why she passes for me lol. I honestly don't care much about the female roles as long as they sound good and not that frigging voice I have referred in the earlier post. Tho there are two seiyuu that have a very distinctive voices and I have already included them in my favorites list but I don't mind mentioning them again. They are Takeuchi Junko and Tanaka Mayumi.

Oh yeah I also like Otani Ikue not because of the typical female voice that I like but because of her incredible cute voice makes me want to hug her lol. Just listen to Chopper and Gash. She is so adorable.  :puppyeyes:

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
I adore Chopper... and I also love Ootani as child Hakuryuu in Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3, he's such a cute kid (and turns into a handsome young man in the blink of an eye, but he IS a god so nhe).

Mayumi Tanaka is also great, I've seen her as Kanna in Sakura Taisen. XD Now THAT was a funny character... a martial artist woman from Okinawa who is taller and stronger than most guys, and SWAM from Okinawa to Tokyo. And she's the bustiest girl in the show and a big eater, and a bit dumb. X'''''D

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean but I still like her for her female roles not the male roles. She will never sound like the others do that's why she passes for me lol. I honestly don't care much about the female roles as long as they sound good and not that frigging voice I have referred in the earlier post.
Totally agreed, she sounds really good in female roles. Although I do love her as Edward Elric because her voice fits the role so well.
The unique voice means a pass for me as well. ;D
[/quote]

But that's just 2 roles. I admit she sounds the same or similar in many roles but she can also sounds different. Beside, sounding the same doesn't means she's not a good voice actor.
I don't know, but the first thing I judge about the voice actors are their 'voice' and that's where unique voices come into play...I just love the raspy purr in her voice, so I can't really say I dislike her.  :emo:

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 01:48:52 AM »
Oh, I don't dislike her - I just find her boring. XD That's what happened to me with Takehito Koyasu - you know, Wyvern Rhadamanthys and Nasu Veronica? I find his voice incredibly boring since he sounds the same in all his stoic roles. He only really lets loose in goofy roles, and his ONLY large ham role Gym Ghingham.

The only roles where I still like Koyasu are his deep and serious voices that DON'T sound stoic. ...Like Rhadamanthys, Shu Shirakawa, Ryosuke Takahashi and a few others.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2014, 02:13:03 AM »
@Raiden. I understand. I love her voice but I certainly don't like her in all her roles, I didn't really like her as Ganta in Deadman Wonderland for instance. But currently I'm tremendously enjoying her as Ragyo Kiryuin in Kill la Kill, maybe that's why. ;D

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2014, 03:14:04 AM »
There are a few other seiyuu that I can't say I hate them or like them mainly because of their roles...take for instance Kugimiya Rie...shes cute when she does Happy from Fairy Tail totally adore Happy but when she does Kagura from Gin Tama I want to struggle her.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 03:34:43 AM »
There are a few other seiyuu that I can't say I hate them or like them mainly because of their roles...take for instance Kugimiya Rie...shes cute when she does Happy from Fairy Tail totally adore Happy but when she does Kagura from Gin Tama I want to struggle her.

In my case I couldn't stand her as Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4 (game and anime) the voice there is really annoying, but as Alphonse from FMA she was okay (the character's a boy) and she did an awesome in Kyousougiga as Koto as the character is supposed to be tomboyish. So... yeah.