Author Topic: Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion  (Read 9026 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »
Well, I suppose we need a thread like this, too. I think we all have at least a few favorite seiyuu and/or voice actors.

Anyway, I don't know if these are news to you, but Kazumi Tanaka, the voice of Black Swan and Leda from Saint Seiya, died four months ago.
Also, the voice of Abel from the Saint Seiya movie, Taichirou Hirokawa, died just one month ago.
RIP.

-------------------------------------

Dead voice actors from the Saint Seiya franchise

Kohei Miyauchi - Mitsumasa Kido

Kaneto Shiozawa - Aries Mu, Black Andromeda

Tomiko Suzuki - Yakov (Hyoga's kid friend)

Hirotaka Suzuoki - Dragon Shiryu
Kazuyuki Sogabe - Gemini Saga, Sea Dragon Kanon
Kouji Totani - Capricorn Shura, Cetus Moses

Kazumi Tanaka - Black Swan, Leda, Jellyfish Saint

Taichirou Hirokawa - Abel (god from third movie)

Daisuke Gori - Heracles Algethi

Ken Yamaguchi - Black Dragon, Heat Saint, Tarantula Arachne, Virtues Eligor

Kenji Utsumi - Odin
Tsuyoshi Takishita - Wolf Yoshitomi (Omega)

Rokuro Naya - Aquarius Camus
Kouji Yada - Roshi (old Dohko)
Iemasa Kayumi - Dolbar (from Asgard movie)

Shinji Ogawa - Syd and Bud's father
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:54:09 AM by Raiden [雷電] »

ryuusei86

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Seiyuu/voice actor news + discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
Probably you're all aware that Suzuoki Hirotaka, the voice actor for Dragon Shiryu throughout the original TV series and all the movies and OAVs into Hades/Sanctuary, died in 2006.  Also it seems that Miyauchi Kouhei, who voiced Kido Mitsumasa, died back in 1995.

It is especially sad and eerie for me to go back and watch reruns, thinking each time Shiryu says a line, "That guy's dead."  :'(

I checked several other original voice actors, and though I didn't check the voice actors for all the gold and silver knights, all the ones I did check are still living.
Please feel free to call me Jack or R86.  :)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:43:05 AM »
Kaneto Shiozawa, original Aries Mu, died in 2000 due to a concussion after falling down a staircase.
Kazuyuki Sogabe, original Saga/Kanon, is also dead.
And so is Kouji Totani, original Shura.

There, three.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
I didn't know about Saga/Kanon... :(

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »
More news, though you might have seen these already:

Daisuke Gori, voice of Heracles Algethi, slit his own wrists in January 2010. And yes, he died. He was 58 years old and had depression.

Tomoko Kawakami died just a few days ago, of ovarian cancer. She's famous for voicing Lirin in Saiyuki, Soifon in Bleach, Rosette in Chrono Crusade, Chiriko in Fushigi Yuugi, Hikaru in Hikaru no Go and Utena in Revolutionary Girl Utena.
I was having a great deal of fun comparing the English dubs of One Piece and B'tX. XD

We have:

Sanji as Teppei.
Smoker as B't X. Who's having an image of Sanji riding Smoker's smoke-powered motorcycle now?

Captain Kuro as Fou.
Kaya as B't J'etaime. How did these two end up voicing such closely related characters in BOTH series? XD

Pell as Kotaro. ...Pell as Sanji's brother. That sounds like disaster.

Mohji as Metal Face. *facepalms* Ugh.
Ms. Merry Christmas as Madonna. Well... Mohji and Ms. MC are as annoying...

Bellemere as Karin.
Nico Robin as Karen. Awesome OP women as the sisters? 8D

Nami as Miisha. ...Riiiiiiight. Nami acting like an evil brat... wait. She already does.

--------------------------------

In the Japanese versions, we have:

Mr. 3 as Teppei. Uh... lol?

Foxy and Wapol as B't Halloween.
St. Charloss as B't Chance.
Gecko Moriah and Jinbe as B't Ramuh.
Brook as B't Groupie. ...wtf

Vivi as B't Madonna. I have Vivi's character song so basically we can hear B't Madonna singing~

Usopp as Kamyura.

Arlong as Mithrim.

Capone Bege as Marcello.

Bellemere as Maria.

Aokiji as Mira.
Dalton and Gin as B't Falcon. asdafsjkdhfks ASURADA *brain freeze*

Duval as Quatro.
Wiper as B't Lorezzo. ...Oh god. Not a good combo.

Penthesilea

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Burn My Dread
    • View Profile
    • St. Paradise
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 12:12:30 PM »
Aya Hirano, the one who voice Sasha in Lost Canvas, is leaving her firm Space Craft. Her official fan club will close on August 20. News has been she's involved in many scandals such as sexual encounters with members of her band. How this will affect her role as Sasha for future Lost Canvas seasons is unknown.

Honestly, I'm not huge fan of Aya Hirano but it's sad that such seiyuu (who made debut in Haruhi Suzumiya) falls low at such young age. But then again, I'm not surprised (been reading Sankaku Complex lately).

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
If she is really fired and the OVA producers really want her to continue as Sasha's voice they can hire her free lance...

Anyway, lot of stuff on that site is Faux News... Don't take it too seriously... ;)

Penthesilea

• Burn My Dread
    • View Profile
    • St. Paradise
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »
Well the actual leaving of her firm comes from Anime News Network.

The other stuff is just rumors from other sites like Sankaku.

Yeah the OVA guys can hire her as freelance but only if she's up to it.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 01:21:40 AM »
Anyway she showed up in Taiwan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL78a2HmcUs&feature=player_embedded

It might affect her work on Haruhi, commercials but Seiya not so much. We Seiya fans are not those extreme Otakus who expect her to be a virgin or what ever. Would we really care if she did every guy in a band??? :)

Anyway, we Seiya fans just want good anime and good voice acting... ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:46:44 AM by AriesMu188 »

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »
Actually, I would mind if she was doing ALL those guys at the same time. :\ It would mean she's becoming a slut at her age - that could taint the image of other seiyuu and their agencies... it might even affect the whole industry and make anime creators less willing to cast any seiyuu in their work.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
Aya is back working as a Seiyuu... ;)
From: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVLLIPqpafM&feature=feedu
Time 06:22

Penthesilea

• Burn My Dread
    • View Profile
    • St. Paradise
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »
She's currently voicing some anime roles.

According to Anime Nation, her seiyuu career won't suffer much damage. Although she might not return to doing music for a while. Therefore she can continue voicing Sasha should TMS makes a 3rd Lost Canvas season.

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2011/08/26/ask-john-can-aya-hirano-reprise-suzumiya-haruhi/#more-26461

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 05:05:38 AM »
2011: Ken Yamaguchi died. He was the voice of Black Dragon, Ennetsu Saint and Tarantula Arachne in the TV-show, and Eligor in the fourth Saint Seiya movie.
2003: Tomiko Suzuki died. She was the voice of Yakov/Jacob, the little Russian boy who was Hyoga's friend.

This guy isn't a Saint Seiya actor, but Takeshi Aono died just last year. He voiced Dracule Mihawk in One Piece, and Deszaras/Deathsaurus in Transformers Victory.

leorio

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 04:38:28 PM »
Okiayu Ryoutarou (Saga & Kanon in the Hades OVA) and Maeda Ai (remember Digimon?) are now married.

http://blog.okiayu.jp/?eid=1086728

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
Ano... favorite seiyuu for me well I have a few in my mind and I like them only because their voice is unique, not annoying and outstanding.

Tooru Furuya (Seiya duh...)[ Amuro Ray in Mobile Suit Gundam, Kabuto Kouji in Grendizer, Kasuga Kyousuke  in Kimagure Orange Road , Yamucha DB/DBZ]

Takeuchi Junko [ Naruto in Naruto, Gon in Hunter X Hunter, Endou Mamoru in Inazuma Eleven, Takuya in Digimon Frontier,  Mokuba in Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sabo in Once Piece]

Tanaka Mayumi [ Luffy in One Piece, Liu Mao in Chuuka Ichiban, Kuririn and Yajirobe in DB/DBZ,Daiya in Gaiking]

Tsuda Kenjirou [Inui in Prince of Tennis, Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh!, Byaku in Kekkaishi, Spitfire in Air Gear, Fire Emblem in Tiger & Bunny]

Mitsuya Yuuji [Shaka,Benetnasch Mime and Lyra Orpheus in Saint Seiya, Uesugi Tatsuya in Touch, Hyouma in Combattler V,Shinji in City Hunter,Nitta Shun in Captain Tsubasa]

Morita Masakazu [Marco in One Piece,Kurosaki Ichigo in Bleach, Ryuuji in Ring Ni Kakero,Satou Toshiya in Major, Seiya in Saint Seiya Hades Chapter Inferno/Elysium, Barnaby Brooks Jr in Tiger & Bunny, Maeda Keiji in Sengoku Basara,Ri Shin in Kingdom]

Irino Miyu [Daisuke in D.N Angel, Saji Crossroad in Gundam 00, Shaoran in Chronicles of Tsubasa,Isaac in Tiger & Bunny,Sena in Eyeshield 21,Kou in Cross Game,Hanuman Tokusa in Saint Seiya Lost Canvas]

Yao Kazuki [Judaou Ashta in Gundam ZZ,Franky,Jango and Bon Clay in One Piece,Harbinger in Saint Seiya Omega]

Ootani Ikue [Konohamaru in Naruto, Tony Chopper,Sanji in One Piece, Gash in Gash Bell, Pikachu in Pokemon, Kyuo Lyu in Shadow Skill]

Sakaguchi Daisuke [Uso Ewin in Gundam Victory,Shichiri Tasuke in Mamotte Shugogetten,Claire Leonelli in Heat Guy J, Shimura Shinpachi in Gin Tama]

Kusao Takeshi [Capricorn Shura in Saint Seiya:Hades Chapter,Fuji in Major,Dias in Captain Tsubasa,Muller in Gundam Wing,Sanada Ryo in Yoroiden Samurai Troopers, Casshan in Casshan: Robot Hunter,Trunks in Dragonball, Gouzu in Naruto]

Koyasu Takehito [Wyvern Rhadamanthys in Saint Seiya,Nasu Veronica in Saint Seiya:The Lost Canvas,Kenshiro in New Fist of the North Star,Shigeharu Honda in Major,Milliardo Peacecraft/Zechs in Gundam Wing,Adam Blade in Needless,Aokiji in One Piece,Fairy King Oberon/Nobuyuki Sugo in Sword Art Online]

There a few others but these are the ones that I remember their names and their shows.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:59:41 AM by Sagittarius Seiya »