Author Topic: Twilight  (Read 7799 times)

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
Re: Twilight
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »
I do wonder those Twilight fans read other books...

Pisces_Aphrodite

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 01:21:30 AM »
Why AriesMu?
Hm I like fantasy and science-fiction^^

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »
Stephine Meyer is being sued for plagiarism.  She is accused of lifting passages from a book called The Nocturne by Jordan Scott for Breaking Dawn.    It's rumored that the two authors were room mates for a time, which is where Meyer saw the manuscript before it was published.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0803_meyer_infringement.pdf 

That's a link to the letter sent to her lawyers and the comparisons between the passages.    I haven't waded through it yet, only gave it a brief glance, so I can't say how much of a case she has.    Personally, I think it's probably just a case of two authors having very similar ideas.  'Male vampire falls in love with a human girl and turns her' loves stories are a dime a dozen.  Meyer really didn't do anything amazing or original when she wrote Twilight. 

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Andrew43

• NankH Staff
  • Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »
I've already read all 4 books released so far, and, the manuscript for the "Midnight Sun".
And my favourite is the first one, or the third one. "New Moon" first part was a little boring, and "Breaking Dawn" overall is stupid; just a little bit, but stupid none the less. All the buzz around it just because Edward and Bella get married they have the baby.. Is just that. The plot is rather week.
I enjoyed the series, but are not my favourite books, not from these writer. "The Host" is my favourite one (: