Author Topic: RPG Topic  (Read 9122 times)

GallaxyOfIllusions

• Bronze Saint
  • Your in love, have a beer
    • View Profile
Re: RPG Topic
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
Man where to start.....well,

SMT:Nocturne, Legend of Legaia 1+2, Legend of Dragoon, Grandia 2, Star Ocean 3, Brave Fencer Musashi, Saiyuki: the journey west, FF7-10+ Tactics(epic game!), Jade Cacoon 1+2, Chrono Cross, Growlanzer 2+3, DDS 1+2, Parasite Eve 1+2, Threads of Fate, Saga Frontier 2, Devil Summoner 3, Vanguard Bandits, and Kingdom Hearts 1+2.
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles. ~Sun Tzu's The Art of War~

animemangakuryujiru

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »

It's a great series, and definitely countless times better than any Final Fantasy game.
Highly recommended.

Wow, if thats the case. I'm going to give it a try ASAP and see if its just like what you said ;D But apparently, you said it was rare?=/

Gemini Saga

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »
I'm going to give it a try ASAP since it is just like what you said ;D
Fixed.
Just make sure you stick with the real canon games (1, 2, 3, 4 & 5), avoiding the crappy remake Alter Code: F of the first game.
I haven't played XF for the PSP yet, but it's just a spin-off as far as I know, so it's not too important either.

But apparently, you said it was rare?=/
That was regarding the 5th game in the series, and also because I was looking for the PAL version.
Since I assume you're an American, you won't have too much trouble finding it.

Chu_Chulainn

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 05:09:50 PM »
I mainly like all the RPGs that I pick up, because I do my homework.

My favorites are the Persona series, but I've only played Persona 3, Persona 3:FES and Persona 4.

There's also the Final Fantasy series/Square Enix, which for me is only I, VII (and Crisis Core), VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII. Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II are pretty fun, but Re:Chain of Memories is what I'm playing right now (and I'm stuck, mind you). Star Ocean: Till the End of time will be mentioned because it took me 104 hours to beat it and it was pretty fun. Radiata Stories will be mentioned because it was just that bad.

The .hack//GU series is also a favorite, not for the game play, but for the story. I found it really interesting and stuff.

Phase I: Haseo - The Terror of Death
(.hack//GU)

arromdee

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 09:11:59 PM »
I just finished playing the Gamecube game Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.

Overall I'd say that if you have better games to play, forget it.  Most of it is too easy, except for the final boss, which is insanely difficult unless you raise your character's stats (and doing this properly pretty much requires a guide) and has a long interactive cutscene that you can't walk away from.  And you have to keep going through the same dungeons several times.

It has really nice graphics, though.

scorpiosgirl

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Art Page
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 01:33:54 AM »
I got into Final Fantasy VII when I saw Advent Children. I want to play Crisis Core so bad but I don't have a PSP so I watched them on Youtube. I freaking cried like a baby at the ending and its hard for me to cry because the game. If you don't know why I cried at the ending then I suggest you watch the ending on Youtube or just play the game if you don't want to be spoiled. If you played the game then you know why I did what I did.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 01:40:55 AM »
I'm not really into RPG games. Especially MMORPGS like World of Warcraft.

Chu_Chulainn

• Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »
I got into Final Fantasy VII when I saw Advent Children.

FOR SHAME. But understandable. I watch movies summing things up and then want to play the games. Same happened with me and .hack//GU:Trilogy the movie. I basically saw the whole storyline but wanted to play the games still.

I want to play Crisis Core so bad but I don't have a PSP so I watched them on Youtube.

Eh. You're not missing much in the gameplay. It's just a button masher and the level up system is a bit out of whack. Watching it on Youtube is kinda of a great solution, compared to playing it yourself. Because of that leveling up system, I had to fight Sephiroth on level 24, crying all the while. That game scarred me. Better you watch it, then play it. The load times were ridiculous as well.

I freaking cried like a baby at the ending and its hard for me to cry because the game. If you don't know why I cried at the ending then I suggest you watch the ending on Youtube or just play the game if you don't want to be spoiled. If you played the game then you know why I did what I did.

Th-The ending? >_> It was highly depressing, though I didn't cry due to having seen that secret part in the Original Final Fantasy VII game. THAT'S when I cried. That 8-Bit scene had me going because it was so sad. Then when I saw it all pretty-fied on the PSP version, nothing came. I just felt bad and that was it. Bummer. I feel bad for not mourning for Zack now.

I'm not really into RPG games. Especially MMORPGS like World of Warcraft.

How...sad...  :emo:
I wouldn't be able to get my game on without them.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, on subject, I like the 'Tales of' series too. Basically Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss.

Phase I: Haseo - The Terror of Death
(.hack//GU)

Pisces_Aphrodite

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 12:04:35 AM »
Hm I love Shadow Hearts and Persona 3.
But I haven`t so much time to play!

Apus

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »
My favorite RPGs are of course, Adventure Quest, Dragonfable, Mechquest, Adventure Quest Worlds. I also like Battle for Arachna from Spider Riders and Battle for the Moonlands from Magi-Nation. When Warpforce is released for all players then that would be one of my favorite games. I've heard great things about beta from the Adventure Quest guardians.

jonnyboy383

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
FF7 was one of my first PS1 RPGs I really fell in love with.  I don't think I'm a fanboy, but it was just so different when it first came out on the PS1.  I still remember FF6 (or FF3 in the US) on SNES and that game was awesome.  FF7 just took the graphics to the next level.  I liked the materia system and Cloud's huge buster sword.  Crisis Core was a good game I thought.  It wasn't about gameplay for me, but more about the overall experience.  I didn't notice much load time only because I ran it from my memstick.

I'm trying to finish all the SNES rpgs out there.  Chrono Trigger is one of my favorites.  The DS remake I could not get into, since the DS music just isn't quite the same.  I finished all the Dragon Quest games for SNES (I-VI) and for PS1 (VII), PS2 (VIII).  I have to say, Dragon Quest VIII felt so good to play after starting from the original a few months ago.

Has anyone played the SaGa series?  The english name was Final Fantasy Legend for gameboy.  I want to try SaGa Frontier for PS1 or Unlimited Saga for PS2, but I'm seeing mixed reviews... The latest game for the series is for the DS remake: Saga2.  I only wish it came out in the US in English.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/saga2/

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 02:55:34 AM »
Has anyone here ever heard of a free MMORPG called Mabinogi? It looks like another one of those games where the developers draw the females with over-sized chests just to draw pre-adolescent boys' attention.

swagmaster56445

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »
There have always been 3 great rpg duologies for me:
Summoner & Summoner 2
Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross
Dark Cloud & Dark Cloud 2

In that order, Summoner being the greates game ever made (strange that no one's ever heard of it)

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
SMT Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga 1&2
Legend of Mana, Secret of Mana
Xenogears, Xenosaga series
Suikoden series
Breath of Fire series
Final Fantasy 6, 7
.hack// games, first 4 more than GU
Odin Sphere

I have Unlimited Saga for PS2 but haven't played it yet... ^^

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
I'm actually specifically an RPG player, as most of the games I play fall in that category. XD I've bolded the ones that are my favorites.

Bravely (Default and Second)
Corpse Party (3DS version)
Digimon (played World DS, Dawn and Dusk; thinking about buying Next Order, Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory)
Dungeon Siege (played first game)
Etrian Odyssey Untold (Millennium Girl and Fafnir Knight)
Fate/Extra
Final Fantasy (played IV, V, VI and Tactics Advance, own XV)
Fire Emblem (played Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon; own Awakening and Fates, pre-ordered Echoes)
Golden Sun (OG, Lost Age, Dark Dawn)
Harry Potter (Philosopher's Stone on the GBC)
One Piece (Romance Dawn)
Persona (3, Q)
Pokémon (Red, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, HeartGold, White, Black2, X, Y, OR, AS, Sun, Moon, Super Mystery Dungeon)
Project X Zone (OG and 2)
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (EU version with Japanese audio and English subs)
RPG Maker games (so many: The Way, Master of the Wind, Laxius Power/Force, Götterdämmerung, Exit Fate, Last Scenario, Legion Saga, Legionwood, etc.)
Sacred (I've played Gold; I also own Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, but it won't run on my laptop)
Star Ocean (Integrity and Faithlessness)
Suikoden (Tierkreis)
Summon Night (played Swordcraft Story 1 and 2)
Super Robot Wars (OG1/OG2 for GBA, Advance Portable, Endless Frontier, Moon Dwellers and V)
Tales of (I own Eternia, Abyss and World 1; intending to buy Zestiria and Berseria)
Valkyria Chronicles (played a bit of OG at friend's house, own 2)