Author Topic: RPG Topic  (Read 9123 times)

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
Re: RPG Topic
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 06:18:27 AM »
Nomura was gone?! o.o
So that's why most of the designs in XII was so bad.

*boot to the head*

I 'm getting so sick of Nomura's designs, it isn't even funny. FFXII was such a nice change.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:26:30 AM by Shaina [シャイナ] »
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Mikael Aurelius

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Homepage
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 01:32:35 PM »
I'd just like to know what kind of Role Playing Games everyone likes~  Or maybe what RPG you're currently playing.

I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, my first being VIII.  Because VIII was my first, I had no reason to complain about the "draw" system because I wasn't used to "MP" and such.  But faves of the series are:  IV, VI, VIII, XII, and Tactics.

Other RPGs I love are:  Magna Carta, Star Ocean III, .hack//, Kingdom Hearts, Odin Sphere, Radiata Stories, Xenosaga, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, Lunar, and Legend of Dragoon.

Currently playing through Odin Sphere, the first game where I actually enjoy hearing the characters TALK.  (Sorry, but I've always prefered just reading instead of voice actors for games) 

I love the earlier FF games, they were really good, but after 10[X] they went downhill to the point where 12[XII] can virtually play itself, and that was a major turn-off to me.
I really like the Suikoden Series [excluding 3, which was a horrible game], Valkyrie Profile [remade for PSP as Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth]. Final Fantasy Tatics, Chrono Trigger, Atelier Iris Series [including Mana Khemia, which I am playing at present]. Star Wars: KotR was one of the better ones on the X-box.

Legend of Dragoon [even though I wasn't that great at the game, it was still amazing]
Xenosaga; also an amazing series, I can't wait for the 4th one, Xenogears also, was really good.

And the list continues, but I don't have the time to stay here and list every RPG that I have played and enjoyed playing.

Wingedsora

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 09:07:09 AM »
Anyone here played Grandia II. Its the first RPG that I played. Its that game that got me into the genre.
I've also have Grandia III and for FF I started at FFX so for me its my favorite. I have FFXII but I havent really
played it.

Christian Stone

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »
Why hasn't anyone mentioned The Legend of Zelda? The original one and a Link to the Past were excellent games and Ocarina of Time is one of the greatest games I have ever played in my life. I haven't played Twilight Princess, but I have been told that it's very good.

I personally have enjoyed most of the Final Fantasy series, with the exception of IX, X and XI. Final Fantasy VII is my favorite of the series.
I also like Xenogears, the first Xenosaga, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance I and II, X-men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
I am currently playing Guild Wars, which I think it's pretty decent for an MMO RPG that has no subscription fee, but it's definitely worst than World of Warcraft.
If you tell a lie enough times, people will start to think it is the truth

Gemini Saga

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 11:58:29 AM »
Why hasn't anyone mentioned The Legend of Zelda?

Because Zelda is an Adventure game series.

I wish some AAA RPG's from the SNES could hit VC soon! *looks at Lufia series*
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:44:43 AM by Gemini Saga »

Christian Stone

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
Since when is Zelda an adventure series??? That would be saying that Zelda is the same as Ratchet and Clank, Jak or even Tomb Raider. Just because Zelda doesn't play like Final Fantasy doesn't mean that it's not an RPG
If you tell a lie enough times, people will start to think it is the truth

aaron22

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »
final fantasy 7 all the way! though i played 8 and 10. i just like cloud and yuffie!
wild arms is also a good series and tales games are good.
i really like the combo system in the tales games!

Gemini Saga

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 12:44:22 AM »
Since when is Zelda an adventure series???
Since 1986, if I'm not mistaking, when the first Zelda game was released.

That would be saying that Zelda is the same as Ratchet and Clank, Jak or even Tomb Raider.
Pretty much, since those games are also (action-) adventure games.

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 09:59:43 AM »
duuuude

I'm currently in love with the final fantasy series.
the first one I played was final fantasy X. at first I hated it since, i was not used to RPGs. I defeated someone and then a movie played. that kinda bugged me since I liked to play more than watch movies.

but then, the story line was the thing that got to me. it was awesome, so I played it even with more enthusiasm.
I didn't like FF 7 since the graphics hurt my eyes. so I'll get it when a remake comes out.

i'm currently playing FF x-2 and FF 3 for the DS.
i think i'm going to start collecting these :D
spoiler tag code
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]

Wingedsora

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »
What I would like to know why is FF 7 so over hype like Halo.
Seriously whats the big deal with that game?
Is it all because Sephiroth kill Areith?

Gemini Saga

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »
What I would like to know why is FF 7 so over hype

It's because a new generation of gamers started when the PS1 & Saturn was released.
Also, Final Fantasy had only three games in the west and this was the first to hit Europe if I'm not mistaken so it got a huge new audience.

Personally, I think this game is mediocre at best. It's playable, nothing more. Definitely over hyped.

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 06:18:34 PM »
I personally think the game is ok =)
not the greatest, but I do also think it's over hyped.

I hate the new fans of FF7 who haven't even played the game but just watched the advent children movie and think they are so awesome and cool. >:/

spoiler tag code
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]

Gemini Saga

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Have spent a few weeks playing Wild ARMs 5 (took almost a year to get my hands on this rare game) and thus has the entire (canon) ARMs games in the series.

Absolutely fantastic game, that RPG fans of any kind, should really try.

animemangakuryujiru

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »
Final Fantasy series, like many others, is one of the games I'm obessesed with =] My favorite has got to be Final Fantasy 8(replayed like 6 times) and 10 though. FF7 was alright, didnt really appeal to me in story plot....I thought FF10 story was better x_X *gets ready to be shot by people* And it upsetted me slightly that they removed the system in FF8 where monster levels are based on your character levels. I thought that was a very good system and it ensured that the game didnt get too boring or easy.

Really hyped for FF Versus 13 now though >w<

Shadows Hearts 2 is a really great rpg I played as well though Shadow Hearts 3 killed my expectations T_T Star Ocean: Till The End of Time has a great story plot as well and a nice battle system. I liked the fact that you can turn a simple attack into a major death blow with the use of a simple, well-made bomb in their inventing system XD

Hack although has much to be desired graphics wise, is pretty ncie as well, if you're a fan of the original anime and manga series.

And, and , and! Kingdom Hearts!! *shot*

I heard of Wild Arms...but I havent really tried it. What's it about? =0

Gemini Saga

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
I heard of Wild Arms...but I havent really tried it. What's it about? =0

Although not really tied together, all Wild ARMs games takes place on the world Filgaia, which for different reasons is a dying or very injured world and the heroes set out to find a way to save it using legendary weapons (ARMs) which is basically guns of different designs.

Characters and settings are set by a wild western design, but all games are still very much fantasy based with magic, swords, monsters, ruins etc.

It's a great series, and definitely countless times better than any Final Fantasy game.
Highly recommended.