Author Topic: Ring ni Kakero  (Read 8630 times)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Ring ni Kakero
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:34:18 AM »
Synopsis
The story centers around the life of a young boxer named Ryuuji Takane and his sister Kiku, who is his coach. Ryuuji and his sister both inherited their father's talent for boxing with Ryuuji inheriting his strength and techniques while Kiku picked up his talent for analysis and strategy. In the past, their father was a famous boxer. Ryuuji and Kiku went away from home to train and become famous in order to help their lonely mother. On the way to stardom, they have to defeat the strongest challengers all over the world.

Well, the anime's 2 seasons have been subbed. So here are the links to the torrents ^_^

http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/ - First season and the eps of the second can be found here.

http://a.scarywater.net/shs/ whole second season can be found here.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Labbul Luca

Re: Ring ni Kakero
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:59:49 AM »
 :shaka: hmmmmh why do all kurumada's main chara is seiya's clone hehehe :nani: kojiro... teppei... now this, the first time i knew about ring ni kakero is when i browse marina del ray's official website

blackrose22

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • a lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
i agree about the character similarities. i swear he really needs to look into finding ways to mix up character profiles for the main guys instead of clonning seiya every where but looks a little different.
does not know where, what or who they are. drawn to the dark and fearing the light. what can they do is in the dark. how sad it is to be a lost soul with no where to go.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 03:11:20 AM »
instead of cloning Ryuji every where
Fix'd.

I just made a post about this in the B't X thread.... Anyone think Kuruman had a big sister who taught him a lot? ^^;

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.

blackrose22

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • a lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »
wouldn't suprise me. though i have an older sis who has taught me stuff that didn't really matter.
does not know where, what or who they are. drawn to the dark and fearing the light. what can they do is in the dark. how sad it is to be a lost soul with no where to go.

Andromeda Shun

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • I'm a big Shun fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
Hello everyone

hope you all are doing well

the episodes are with weak or epty seeds does anyone knows another pacee to find Ring Ni Kakero 2nd season?

and I do agree Seiya is evrywhere.. I have a feeling that Kurumada sensai will have a son that looks like Seiya one day hehehehe.

I've finished downloading the 1st season but to bad the second one is no where to be found

thank you everyone :shun:

Daishikaze

• Saint in Training
  • Champion Of The Classics
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:47:16 PM »
:shaka: hmmmmh why do all kurumada's main chara is seiya's clone hehehe :nani: kojiro... teppei... now this, the first time i knew about ring ni kakero is when i browse marina del ray's official website

Actually, Since Ring Ni Kakero was Kurumada's first manga success, Everyone including Seiya are "clones" of Ryuuji Takane. Why is this? because like Tezuka, Kurumada likes to use the same Cast of Character in new roles. Its a common thing done by alot of the Big name legends of Manga, Tezuka did it, Go Nagai likes to do it sometimes, Leiji Matsumoto has done it a few times, and of course Kurumada does it.
I'm actually surprised this show isn't more discussed here. I mean this is the manga series that not only put Kurumada on the map, but also became the standard for the Shounen action series for years to come. I guess the anime had its thunder stolen by Hajime No Ippo (which is probably one the best anime ever made).
"Pss, hey Guido, its all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he let's loose the marmosets on us. Don't worry little missy, I'll save you!!!"

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
I love the manga but this is my most honest opinion: The anime is one of most weak transfer from manga to anime. I'm surprised it's still been done... ;)

Daishikaze

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 12:23:41 AM »
I love the manga but this is my most honest opinion: The anime is one of most weak transfer from manga to anime. I'm surprised it's still been done... ;)

Well, I understand they cut out alot of Ryuji's training and his formative years. I don't think they had much choice, Kurumada doesn't write the kind of stories that appeal to todays Anime fandom in Japan. I'm glad we got any of it at all, What we have been shown is still awesome.
"Pss, hey Guido, its all so clear to me now. I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant, you get it? And he knows it. That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it, ya, before he let's loose the marmosets on us. Don't worry little missy, I'll save you!!!"

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 03:12:51 AM »
Maybe it will be better when the World Champion Carnival Story comes out. That's when the story really gets exciting...

But I won't hold my breath. The scriptwriter I consider one of the weakest writers out there and that's counting fanic writers... : |

Daishikaze

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:09 AM »
I think Kurumada's work is so strong that even this guy can't louse it up too much. Like I've said, I enjoyed it quite a bit so far and it definitely feels like a Kurumada story, even if there are large omissions in it. The build up to each fight really gets me into it all. I do wish Toei would put the best effort into this, but the way things are over there right now, I don't think they could afford to if it doesn't sell really well (and as things stand, it probably would probably do badly in the ratings).

Gone are the days when something like this would garner the attention it deserves, so they aren't going to put their best people on it or put as much money into as they might have in the past. Its just not worth the risk to go all the way with it.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 04:24:09 AM »
Well it is an old work and most people wouldn't know about it if they never heard of Seiya or Masami....

What I wished was that they would put the same kind of emotion they did with Seiya but even Seiya OVAs with Inferno and Elysion had bad quality, it didn't surprise me that they put even less effort in Rinkake...

Anyway, I agree that most companies now a days(not just anime companies) want the most money out of the least investment... Oh welll... : |

ParaParaJMo

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • ParaParaJMo's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 06:20:15 AM »
The 3rd season, the Shadow Clan arc, should be out now. But even in Japan, I'm having a difficult time finding some of the DVDs =(. But I believe the world tournament arc has been confirmed to be animated next. My favorite story arcs are the ones when Jun fights Jesus Christ for the WBA Bantamweight championship, and when they fight Team Greece. I'm very disappointed that they are not simply animating the entire manga whcih has been completed for over 25 years.

I think they got the right voice actors/seiyuus for the roles, and I love the theme songs, but I feel the anime doesn't give the manga justice.

A lot of Hajime no Ippo fans (and I consider myself a hardcore fan of Hajime no Ippo) tend to bash this, and I can understand why. But I feel if people have an open mind and understand the historical influence and significance that the original manga had, I think people can enjoy it. If it weren't for Ring ni Kakero, there'd be no Shounen Jump.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
Ring ni Kakero World Carnival OVA
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.