Author Topic: Video thread  (Read 14502 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Video thread
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:09:40 PM »
Yup, post videos of anything you like here. And first of all, here is a pretty freaky vid.

Final Fantasy Unlimited Episode 8

That's here only for one reason. At 04:50 appears a character whose voice is clearly identifiable. ...Anyone who likes a certain blond Wyvern should listen to it. ;)

I HAVE TO recommend that you listen to something. Go to 11:50 to hear a laughter that will FOREVER demean Rhadamanthys in your eyes. xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 04:09:31 PM by Raiden »

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Video thread
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »
I had to revive this thread, since the video above is pretty freaky indeed (and only because of the laughter).

...Also, here is something equally creepy. This is a video of Ryotaro Okiayu's (Saga) character Katsuhiko Jinnai from El Hazard. He has such a freaky laughter that I can't take Saga and Kanon seriously ever again. xDDDDDDDDDD

El Hazard - Jinnai's laugh
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 04:15:10 PM by Raiden »

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:03:32 AM »
xD I can't believe the guy could laugh that much

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:54:55 PM »

Marynchan

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • It's a crime to wish to live for eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:05:06 PM »
I had to revive this thread, since the video above is pretty freaky indeed (and only because of the laughter).

...Also, here is something equally creepy. This is a video of Ryotaro Okiayu's (Saga) character Katsuhiko Jinnai from El Hazard. He has such a freaky laughter that I can't take Saga and Kanon seriously ever again. xDDDDDDDDDD

El Hazard - Jinnai's laugh
*is stoned* I... never imagined Ryotaro Okiayu could laugh like that O_O

Himeros

• Still thinking of a Custom Title :)
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 03:46:32 PM »
I wish I had fast net to download :(

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 04:07:08 PM »
*is stoned* I... never imagined Ryotaro Okiayu could laugh like that O_O

The scream at the very end of the video kills me. xD Because every time he does that, I try to imagine Byakuya from Bleach and/or Saga/Kanon screaming... and can't do that for the life of me. xDDDDDDDDDD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a video from Naruto (haven't watched it, but am going to). It features Toshihiko Seki's (Milo) character Iruka having one of his emotional moments. ...T_T I just wanted to hug Iru when he started crying. ...Seki sounded so heartbreaking...

Iruka's moment

Damn Mizuki had to ruin the moment with his yelling. >_<
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:17:40 PM by Raiden »

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 09:17:12 PM »
>.> <.<  *Glomps Iruka* 

I though Milo sounded a bit familiar but I could never remember where I had heard his voice before.  I can never remember the voice actors names so I knew it wouldn't be any help to look it up.   ^^;;

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 04:33:43 AM »
Hehe. xD I've seen him in multiple animes and I remember which, too.

He is Kaien Shiba in Bleach.
Rau Le Creuset in Gundam SEED.
Rey Za Burrel in Gundam SEED Destiny.
Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing.
Iruka Umino in Naruto. (This anime I haven't seen yet.)
Genjo Sanzo in Saiyuki. (-||-)
Yutaka Watari in Yami no Matsuei. (-||-)
Luva in Angelique. (-||-)
Cid in Final Fantasy Unlimited.
And of course Milo.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: And here ish a video of Takehito Koyasu's (Rhadamanthys) character Freyr from Matantei Loki Ragnarok.

Episode 5. (The end is the best... he falls into a forest with a sidesplitting scream.)
And Episode 7. (Here go to 05:30 to see the best Freyr scene in the whole show. xD At the end of his scene he jumps over his flying pig Gullinbursti and lands on his head.)

...Freyr is such a hilarious klutz that it's hard for me to take Rhady seriously. xD He also has this weird way of saying 'na no da' at the end of nearly every line and talking of himself in the third person ("Freyr is going out."... xD!).

Btw, the song at the end is sung by Shinichiro Miki, who voices Yamino (green-haired guy with glasses) in MLR and Aiacos in Saint Seiya.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:57:17 AM by Raiden »

Marynchan

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • It's a crime to wish to live for eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
If I hear a familiar voice I go to Wikipedia and check who's the Seiyuu and then search for his info. that's how I find if I know any other characters with the same voice or no xDD

I always wanted to watch Matantei Loki Ragnarock, but didn't up untill now ^^; And now that I know that my favorite character's from MLR Seiyuu is the same as Rhadamanthys, it will be even more interesting to watch it! xD (I love watching anime where there are same Seiyuu's as in Saint Seiya xD )

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »
If I hear a familiar voice I go to Wikipedia and check who's the Seiyuu and then search for his info. that's how I find if I know any other characters with the same voice or no xDD

...So do I. xD I was watching Ring ni Kakero about half a year ago and listened to this one guy, Black Shaft, and went "HEY! That sounds like Rhady!". Then I went to check the anime's information from AnimeNewsNetwork and yes, it was Takehito Koyasu listed as the character. ^_^ (Then I listened to Pist from Final Fantasy Unlimited a couple of weeks ago... same guy.)

And due to Kisuke Urahara from Bleach I can now distinguish Shinichiro Miki's voice as well... even when he's singing. (I have heard him in Weiss Kreuz, Saint Seiya Hades, Matantei Loki Ragnarok and B'tX Neo, too... and I have one of his songs as Minamoto no Yorihisa from Harukanaru Toki no Naka de. ^_^)

Another I can recognize is Souichiro Hoshi. He has such a high-pitched voice that it's easy to tell whose the character is. (Ryotaro Okiayu, Kentarou Itou, Noriaki Sugiyama, Fumihiko Tachiki, Hideyuki Tanaka, Hideo Ishikawa, Toru Ohkawa, Sho Hayami, Kouji Yusa, Ken Narita, Mitsuaki Madono, Nobuo Tobita, Taiten Kusunoki and Toshiyuki Morikawa, too. ) ...Quite a deal of guys, ain't it? xD ...Although, with some of these I only recognize certain voices.

Nobuyuki Hiyama and Romi Paku are especially easy for me to recognize. My friend showed me a Naruto episode when I was at his house a couple of weeks ago, and I listened to this one blond girl and said "That's Romi Paku.". Yeah, it was Temari. xD  (She is also Hitsugaya in Bleach, Heimdall in Matantei Loki Ragnarok, Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist and Ken Ichijouji in Digimon 02. Seen all four.) Nobuyuki Hiyama I have recognized as BlackWarGreymon in Digimon 02, Teppei in B'tX, Ikkaku in Bleach, Seraphimon in Digimon Frontier (though this was a bit more difficult), Muruta Azrael in Gundam SEED and Skyfire in Transformers Superlink (=Energon in dub.).

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 04:40:24 AM »
Music videos from some of my favorite Finnish bands/artists (some of them sing in Finnish, some in English)

1972 by Anssi Kela (live performance). He sings in Finnish, so here are the translated and original lyrics side by side: 1972. I really like this song, it's nice and has meaningful lyrics.

Koneeseen kadonnut by Apulanta. In Finnish again, so here are the lyrics: Koneeseen kadonnut. I usually hate this band's music, but I love this one. Punk rock's never really been my genre...

Fate by Bleak feat. Ana Johnsson. They sing in English, but here are the lyrics for you if you want them: Fate. This is one of my favorite music videos... and the movie is a Finnish/Chinese cooperation flick (the first ever Finnish big budget movie, and the Finns talk Chinese in it. Plus, the blond blacksmith and the Chinese-looking man with long black hair? Same actor. xD). Besides, the lyrics and the emotion in the singing voices make me cry for some reason. T_T

One MC, One Delay by Don Johnson Big Band. They sing in English as well, but here are the lyrics for you: One MC, One Delay. I really hate rap/hip hop most of the time, but OMG this is awesome! Besides, one of my acquaintances has met the singer. ^_^ And yes, the first part of the band's name was derived from Don Johnson (the actor of Sonny in Miami Vice).

Road by Don Johnson Big Band. English again, here are the lyrics: Road. Another good song from the above band. But I have to say I don't understand the video at all. It's kind of abstract at some points.

Fairytale Gone Bad by Sunrise Avenue. English, here are the lyrics: Fairytale Gone Bad. ...Seriously, when I heard this on the radio for the first time I thought it was a good foreign band. Then I found out it was Finnish and I went "OMGWTFBBQ, REALLY!? 0_0". This is my favorite song of theirs, though the singer's voice is kind of grating for some reason (but he is cute).

Lift by Poets of the Fall. English, lyrics: Lift. And yet again another band I thought was foreign. And the video is pretty confusing again. ...One of my three favorites of this band's songs. These guys also sang the ending theme of the game "Max Payne 2". ...The woman in this video annoys me to no end. xD

Carnival of Rust by Poets of the Fall. English, lyrics: Carnival of Rust. This video creeps me out, but the song is good. By the way, the video makes me think of Tim Burton's movies for some reason (the guy who uploaded the song thinks the same). o_0

Locking Up The Sun by Poets of the Fall. English, lyrics: Locking Up The Sun. This has to be my favorite of the three PotF songs. Though the video seems to be pretty grotesque and bizarre. (I remember someone did a Ronin Warriors AMV to this song. o_0)

Blood Red Sandman by Lordi. English, lyrics: Blood Red Sandman. I read somewhere that this is a tribute to Metallica's "Enter Sandman". ...My favorite song by the monster band Lordi... these guys won the Eurovision Contest in 2006, you know. xD Yes, the keyboardist is a woman. And yes, the end freaked me out when I first saw it. xD

Valo by Antti Tuisku. Finnish, original lyrics: Valo (the translation can be found in the song comments. Though I have to say I like my own translation better... xD). I don't really like this guy's music, but this song is really beautiful and it makes me cry every time I see it. T_T He was only 22 when he sang it. (The blond woman is apparently Tuisku's cousin in real life.) He has a pretty high-pitched voice, but it fits this song. He became 3rd in the first Finnish Idols contest, but he's so far the most popular Idols singer in Finland. Many teenage girls go crazy when they see him singing. xD And he's sold over 160,000 albums already.
Here is my translation of the lyrics:

"She opens the door and enters
Only her glazed face you can see
You know not what I have done again
You cry and wonder why you're still here

You've waited too long
To get away
Memories bind your
Journey that feels like the end
Wish you could leave

chorus:
And so you know
Light will find, light will find you
And if you so believe
Light will find, light will find you

You wish it would be otherwise, that a new day would come
Gone would be anger, jealousy
Only a little moment you could be alone
When someone reminds you of something

You've waited too long
To get away

chorus

You've waited too long...

You've waited too long
Wish you would leave

chorus (2x)"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Finnish singer singing in Swedish and Finnish

Mysteriet by Aki Sirkesalo and Lisa Nilsson. Swedish/Finnish, lyrics: Mysteriet. The only reason I posted this song is that the male singer Aki Sirkesalo, and his whole family (a wife and two little kids of ages 4 and 8 ), died in that tsunami three years ago. T_T He was one of my favorite singers when I was little (but not when I got older). I feel a bit horrible, but when I heard that he died, I acted kind of like "Oh, him, too?". >_>
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 06:34:43 AM by Raiden »

Van Fanel

• News Master
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »
I just love Arnie's Pizza Shop.

It's a classic now, but always the best joke with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 03:18:16 PM »
Ah Lisa Nilsson died in that Tsunami? ;_;