SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

110413 Posts in 4357 Topics- by 868 Members - Latest Member: isoul

October 22, 2014, 12:58:29 AM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!The SanctuaryFan CraftSaint Seiya Fan ArtStayka's new Saint Seiya FanArt (Ink + Computer Colouring + more)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Stayka's new Saint Seiya FanArt (Ink + Computer Colouring + more)  (Read 26212 times)
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Awakened to the 8th Sense
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »

Thx. And yeah. I chose it because "pink is evil". XD

Well, for "Dancing the Shadows", I have some more cool Ladies among the Shadow Knights: Hekate with scarlet hair,  Medeia with raven black hair, Kirke with golden blonde hair and Nemesis with silver hair. And the male Shadow Knights have turquoise hair (Typhoeus), brown hair (Prometheus), violet hair (Achilleos), light blue hair (Anchises) and orange-red hair (Sarpedon). Plus Hermes with dark green hair and Demeter with grass green hair... so I thought "why not hot pink?"

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
pulsatex

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 06:42:22 AM »

I wish I could draw good xD
Nice drawings

I have noticed a several things you have further improved on compared to your previous drawings, very nice Smiley
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 06:50:54 AM »

Thx. Somehow I myself have always the feeling I don't really manage to improve much... I probably should try to practise more, but it is always a question of the available time...

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
L. Silver

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 07:00:35 PM »

Persephoneia looks very good. You did a good job at coloring too.
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2008, 08:47:58 PM »

It seems that the server Kilu where I host a lot of my pictures is currently down. Well, I hope, the problem will be solved soon. In the meantime here's my newest picture, this time at BPlaced.net. It is still a raw sketch, but I think I'd like to post it anyway. It's an illustration for chapter 4 of my fanfic Aftermath - Path into the Light

(click to show/hide)

Newborn [ニューボン]
  Male
Administrator
Acquired Seventh Sense
Admin of SSF
I'm back
View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »

oh yeah

deathmask's gonna get some XD

spoiler tag code
Code:
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]
Van Fanel
  Male
News Master
Gold Saint
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 05:14:54 AM »

Good drawing, but to be honest what really caught my attention was how the date was written; digital clock way. Grin
IrrelevantMaverick
  Female
Acquired Seventh Sense
accio Aiolos!
View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 06:24:19 PM »

i've been put to shameXD))  seriously, the anatomy's practically perfect in this fanart!  i looked at ur story but u didn't add it yet, so hopefully after u've inked it in (and color too!)  the shading of DM's eyes are well-done too, something that I *really need to work on.

and i've never heard of Kilu before, is that a German host site per chance?  i'm trying to look for a picture hosting site (filehosting isn't good for me since i have to save all the links since the page can't b bookmarked) that keeps the pictures as is and is a permanent hoster where i can login and look at all the pics i've uploaded.

♥♥Lune, Orion, Kagaho, Alone, Sisyphus, Fyodor, Retsu, Touma♥♥
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 06:31:32 PM »

Well, Kilu is currently down, so I switched to BPlaced.net. Like Kilu.de, www.bplaced.net is a free German webhosting service that also allows external linking. But they require a real website (with HTML files etc) on their server - thus I put up a mirror of my Bishounen archive there and just use one directory of that server for stuff like fanart or funny screenshots.

And I don't think you need to feel put to shame - I really love the way you portray the characters. They look so lively when you draw them! With this pic I will try not to ink it, but to trace it with the computer and then colour it. I'm curious if I will manage to do that! (I use a 300 DPI scan and then just redraw the lines on a separate layer).

sushimaster
  Female
Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »

I really like your latest fanart, Shaina. You draw the bodies particularly well. I must also say that I love Shaina's shoes! *thumbs up*
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 01:33:29 AM »

Thanks *bows*

As I decided to try another approach with colouring this time (normally I was lazy and mainly filled areas with colours), this time I decided to really "paint" with the GIMP. It takes wayyyy longer, but I guess the result merits the effort - her's the work in progress so far. Any further tipps and hints? (BTW, I am certainly going to add more lights in the hair as Kuri suggested in the chat.)

(click to show/hide)

Finally! It's done!

Here's my newest DM+Shaina pic in colour:

(click to show/hide)

sushimaster
  Female
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:12 AM »

Shaina, is this really your first time painting with GIMP? Because it looks really good! Do you try the brushes etc by yourself or is there a tutorial for it?

Nice job!  DM+Shaina
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

Thx! *bows*

Well, with the other pictures I was lazy and mainly filled planes with colours. This time I actually used my digital pen like I would have used my colour crayons. XD

About brushes - I don't use any other than the standard brushes there (circles and feathered circles). I just played around with the functions pencil, brush, airbrush, wipe, eraser, and dodge+burn. And yeah, I try out the stuff on my own to figure out what the functions do. There is an online manual here: http://docs.gimp.org/en/ but I'm too impatient to read it XD

DM+Shaina

sushimaster
  Female
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »

Digital pen? Ah, you must use a tablet, then? Sounds fun! I should go to an electronic store & try it out sometime. How long have you had it & how useful do you think it is? Have you ever paint your drawing using mouse? Is it really difficult to do?

Sorry for the many questions Tongue.
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »

Yeah, my first attempts on CG were done with the mouse. It's tedious. Digi pen and GT are way more agreeable - so yes, it is very useful. If you want to get one yourself you should get a Wacom tablet, though. They are the best! I have my GT for about a year or so, BTW.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]