SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

106413 Posts in 4222 Topics- by 690 Members - Latest Member: kandascending

April 23, 2014, 06:33:16 AM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Like To Chat?EntertainmentKurumada's WorldB't X
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: B't X  (Read 15957 times)
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Awakened to the 8th Sense
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:20 AM »

Ummm, I'd have to re-read the stuff that I don't mix up things.  So someone correct me if I go wrong (I sit at work thus can't look up stuff)

Let's see...

Salome - as little girl she cared for a horse that had a bump on his forehead. The village people heard it was a unicorn and wanted to get the magical horn and killed the horse... Salome was heartbroken and shortly after got taken in by the Machine Empire. She then got her B't Halcyon who was designed after a unicorn. Her ability was a hypnotic music and dance that ensnared the minds of her victims, and like the biblical Salome she ordered said victims to take each others'  heads.

Dr.Poe - he was the fiercest competitor against Hokuto intelligence-wise during their training. His B't Cadenza was created in the image of a chimera. When Dr.Poe captured Teppei and Fou in a kind of Hyper Cube, Hokuto had to fight him in a scientific riddle battle to get the time to figure out the formula to get his comrades out of the cube and defeat Dr.Poe.

Sapphire - well, I think you can see him best described here:
http://stayka.bplaced.net/ex/btx/Vol-12-Sapphire+Eroica.jpg
http://stayka.bplaced.net/ex/btx/Vol-12-Sapphire-hot-or-not.jpg
http://stayka.bplaced.net/ex/btx/Vol-12-Sapphire-sparkly.jpg

Well, Gai I really have to look up, sorry.

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 06:31:28 AM »

Oooo thanks so much, Shai. ^^ I'd heard Gai was some sort of 'philosopher', and that his B't Shendu was based on Garuda...

Kuruman needs to branch out more with his monsters (though I did love the use of a myrmekoleon for Balzac's B't Savannah)!

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.
Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 06:37:14 AM »

Yeah, philosopher is true. I found him somewhat boring, thus I sort of forgot most about him ^^
Sapphire, Salome and Poe were pretty cool though. By the way, Juggler is pretty different in the manga, too. I really think you should get the manga yourself. ^^

(There is even a flashback of Metalface and Karen during the training in the manga - MF is really cute there ^^)

BTW: Priceless: http://stayka.bplaced.net/ex/btx/Vol-15-MF.jpg

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 06:53:01 AM »

X'D

*Puts "OVERWHELMING MASCULINITY!!!" on own CV*

Now that's a qualification worth having!

(Is Poe old and creepy, or young and handsome? I know it's Kuruman we're talking about, but...)

And hmmm, I can't imagine Juggler being anything but what he is, unless his past with Aramis is expanded. That'd be cool. And seeing his *whole* face couldn't hurt (or could it??)!

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2008, 06:58:28 AM »

Well, actually in the manga, Juggler doesn't have any past with Aramis (the whole Rose Knight thing is anime-only). And in the manga you get to see his face and there his need to wear that mask is pretty obvious. ^^

About Gai... He's not looking bad - I just found him boring.

(And Metalface is just great in the manga. I really loved the scene when Madonna asked him if he was chasing after Karen that stubbornly because he was actually on love with her XD)

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 07:06:16 AM »

Not Gai, Poe- I just wonder if Hokuto's "rival" character is young and handsome like him, or a creepy, older mentor character.

"Dr" Poe just conjures up a hunchbacked figure in my mind. ^^;

Heheh, poor Madonna, hint of jealousy maybe...? Ahh, but B't are "just war machines", aren't they? Xp

Shaina [シャイナ]

Administrator
Ophiuchus Gold Saint
View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 07:17:47 AM »

Well, Poe is about the same age as Hokuto, I'd say. They were together in a class it seemed.

And about Madonna - actually that scene was even more hilarious... It was right after the fight with Karen when she and Shadow had defeated MF and Madonna. Madonna had kind of a nightmare where she offed X with ease and then she realised that X's death in that dream practically devastated her. When she told MF about it, his comment was "That's rich - are you maybe in love with X?" Well, Madonna of course said she didn't understand his comment. But right after that she commented about MF and Karen, which of course he denied, too. (From that scene in the English version comes also my favourite MF quote that I use here in the chat "Do I look like your shrink? I have killing to do!" xD)

Steamrollers solve all - 無駄-駄!
  Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
Za Warudo!
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »

Sure.  There were 4... the Unicorn chick who I didn't read about, and then Sapphire, Dr. Poe, and Gai.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Teppei fought Sapphire, simply because Fou and Hokuto were stuck in Max and Max had been turned into sapphires (Sapphire's B't was a basilisk and he thought merely stone wasn't pretty enough.)  Teppei and X's light was enough to overpower him, but after a pretty tough fight that wore him out.

After that was Dr. Poe, one of Hokuto's old classmates who suffered multiple personality disorder a-la Saga.  His B't was a Chimera.  He trapped Fou and Teppei in an interdimensional prison that would send them to another plane in 10 minutes, and then he and Hokuto had a battle of the minds, where each would try to undo the other's work on saving/further trapping the others in the prison as they asked each other highly advanced math questions.  Poe eventually gives up on that, and simply has his B't input a virus into Max, and then systematically starts destroying her.  After it seems Max is dead, it's revealed that her head can be deployed separate from her body with a different computer system, at which point Hokuto returns the favor with a virus that destroys Poe's B't.  He then saves Fou, but Teppei mysteriously vanishes.

Teppei then ends up at the next Point, where he meets Gai, the Philosopher of the Empire, and his Garuda B't.  He beats up on Teppei for a bit before Fou arrives and steps in to fight him while Teppei escapes with some help from Juggler, of all people.  Fou is quickly shown to be at a disadvantage, since Gai's turned his B't and himself into Dark Matter, meaning he technically can exist in an infinite number of places at the same time and nearly instantly annihilates Fou.  Fou's on death's door when Je T'aime takes the hit meant for him, destroying her voice synthesizer and meaning she can't attack anymore.  With her out of the way, Gai tries again, Fou barely surviving because his necklace takes the hit instead.  With his bowstring ripped apart, he still doesn't give up and gets on Je T'aime, at which point he reveals that he can have the bow and her wings vibrate at the same frequency as a newborn baby crying out for love.  He succeeds in using this attack to kill Gai, although he nearly dies in the processes.

Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
Shared: Minos, because HildaXMinos rocks
Adopted: Fenrir and Bud.
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.
AriesMu188

Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »

Yeah, I was a little annoyed that Byakko the tiger was arbitrarily replaced with a kirin... But I guess Kuruman wanted a more "pegasus-like" animal for his hero. Xp

He is following more the Japanese version of mythological beast than the chinese one.

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 03:09:41 AM »

Well, Byakko is still Japanese... and all four of the guardians of the cardinal directions are Chinese in origin, anyway. Don't you think Kuruman was just wanting to give his protagonist a more Pegasus-like aesthetic? ;p Even though we all love his works, no one here could convince me Kuruman is "original" between his series; just one look at his three biggest heroes (and their big sister teachers!) would tell you that. XD

Hmmm, I feel like I know all but Gai a lot better now. I see a lot this description of him as "philosopher", but never any description of what he believes! Deathmask and Aphrodite are "philosophers", though rarely are they called as such... So what values does Gai's life revolve around...?

Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
Za Warudo!
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 05:37:53 AM »

Well, Gai's a bit of a hypocrite, considering he's actually a nihilist who believes that love and life in general is worthless.  This is also caused by him being blatantly arrogant, since he unlocked the secret of dark matter so he could live long enough to read and compare every civilization's philosophical work.  He constantly chastised Fou during his fight, quoting Niztche (sp?) about god being dead and wondering why Teppei would try to keep fighting when he won't amount to anything.

So kinda like Deathmask... except a lot more powerful.  And without the "History is written by the winners" viewpoint.

Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.
Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2008, 05:53:19 AM »

How's his relationship with his B't (Shendu)?

I assume Gai realises his love for him as he dies, or something. Anime/manga heroes have a habit of disproving their opponents' values as they lay dying.

Male
Acquired Seventh Sense
Za Warudo!
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2008, 05:59:20 AM »

Well, yes.  Fou does prove him long, since he ends up beating him by using Je T'aime's wings and his bow's resonance at the same note of a newborn baby crying out for love for his last attack which mortally wounds him.  He has some traditional tragic shonen flashbacks (TM) but then dies.

As for Shendu, I don't really recall him doing too much talking.  Gai and Fou's debate, and Gai torturing him, really hogged the spotlight.

AriesMu188

Teleportation Supervisor
View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »

Well, Byakko is still Japanese... and all four of the guardians of the cardinal directions are Chinese in origin, anyway. Don't you think Kuruman was just wanting to give his protagonist a more Pegasus-like aesthetic? ;p Even though we all love his works, no one here could

He loves the Kirin motive and symbolism. He used it again in Ring ni Kakero 2. Smiley Though, not really a Pegasus idea though...

Gomess

Silver Saint
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 08:23:52 AM »

Well, I've studied a lot of mythology, and VERY rarely seen a kirin or qilin depicted as having wings. Or really resembling a horse that much, which X clearly is (they're generally much closer to giraffes, and that animal's usually assumed to be the real-world inspiration for the beast)... It really seemed forced to me, when X first deployed his wings. I can't believe no one else thought "pegasus!" when that happened. >_>

And really, there's no good reason he shouldn't have kept it a tiger, like it *always* has been. >_< Darn artistic license! Confusing the poor kiddies. Tigers are just as nice animals for a protagonist to have... ^^

Haven't checked out RnK2 yet, I'd be interested to see how Kuruman gets a kirin into it, but then, he managed to get Greek gods and Jesus himself into RnK. XD

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]