Author Topic: B't X  (Read 36670 times)

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: B't X
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 05:57:30 AM »
Yeah, I was a little annoyed that Byakko the tiger was arbitrarily replaced with a kirin... But I guess Kuruman wanted a more "pegasus-like" animal for his hero. Xp

Julian Solo's favourite sauce.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »
Yup. Especially considering the fact that he gave "Pegasus" as "animal horoscope sign" (or however you want to translate 動物占い) in his bio here: http://www.kurumadapro.jp/profile.html  :D

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 09:49:57 AM »
Oh, hey, here's a question for folks that're probably more familiar with B't X than I...

On Wikipedia, the nightmare-controlling Mashou is named "Murie", and is apparently Hokuto's elder brother...

But having gotten past the episode where Teppei defeats that Mashou, I can categorically say that his name is Meimu / Maim, and there was nooo mention of any relation to Hokuto. So where the heck did that info on Wiki come from?? It's beyond inaccurate. O__o

Similarly, the subs on Veoh give his B't's attack a near-nonsensical German name (though I did pick up on the word "mogliche") when it's clearly just "Lightning Spear". The heck? >___>

Steamrollers solve all - 無駄-駄!

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »
True, but a Kirin is sometimes associated with being the "center" of the Four Symbols, representing Light... or in some circles, Darkness.

And the anime took lots of liberties with the series.  For instance, it cuts out all the other Demon Knight fights, simply because Kurumada hadn't written them yet.  Much later on, during Hokuto's flashback, you can see a picture featuring him and another boy.  The other boy resembles Meimu.
Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
Shared: Minos, because HildaXMinos rocks
Adopted: Fenrir and Bud.
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 11:00:50 AM »
@Gomess

In the manga, Meimu is revealed as being Subaru, Hokuto's elder brother (interesting fact: Hokuto is named after the Big Dipper, Subaru after the Plejades, thus in the German translation Subaru was renamed to 'Plejas'). Interestingly, in the manga there isn't any named attack of Meimu's given (it's all in Vol.9, by the way).

(Just for fun: http://www.freefilehosting.de/images/WgG29560.jpg <-- me looking up stuff for you XD)

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
Hmmmph, maybe I should read the manga... >_> Vol.9, at least!

And thaaaanks Shaina! ^^; Hey, what's that website on your screen? Looks pretty cool... X]

That is interesting about the Big Dipper / Pleiades thing; I was aware of Hokuto's meaning (Hokuto no Ken, heh) but not Subaru's! Good on the German translation, too. Don't get good translations like that usually *thinks of "Argethi" and "Tramy"...*

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »
Well, I have compared the French, German and English translations of B'tX - I found both French and German are most faithful to the original (unfortunately the German translation got the axe at Vol.10 as it didn't make enough money), but the English one is more entertaining to read as the translator used some licence when formulating the speech of the characters.

And about the cool website... :P

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »
...SSA was right. I'm up to episode 12 of the Neo OAVs, and what the heck?? Where are the FOUR other Mashou I was promised?? -_- It's good and all, but I honestly don't find Nasha and Misha that compelling as villains...

Anyway, I was really looking forward to the missing Mashou, especially Salome and Sapphire (Alberich?). Can anyone tell me some more about them, and Dr. Poe and Gai; their stories and attacks...?
:puppyeyes:

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 01:23:31 PM »
Sapphire did the dirties move ever in Kurumada history, he kissed the main character xD

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
Sapphire did the dirties move ever in Kurumada history, he kissed the main character xD
o_____________o

WANT B'T X MANGAH

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »
Misha was actually pretty creepy.  Reminded me of Wendolo a bit.
Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.

dedwing11

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • Hobby-gasmic
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
which country are you from? some where online should say if it was aired there or not. or at least i think so. (could be wrong.)

hi blackrose, i'm from Philippines...  a friend told me that she thinks she saw the show being aired very early during sunday morning (people in our country don't usually just watch TV on sunday morning especially when cable wasn't available yet :p).  she's not very sure though as she doesn't watch the show and could've gotten it mixed up with another -_-'

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:23 PM »
Two groups have done a fansub for the entire series and OVA... could always look at it there.

Gomess

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008, 05:59:29 AM »
*Wonders whose lipstick that was on the page*

Wowwww, I need to get the whole manga en Anglaise. Anyone fill me in on the non-anime Mashou, then...?