Author Topic: One Piece  (Read 8132 times)

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: One Piece
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »
Well it's not worse than Narutard at least.

kenzie05

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
This is my fav anime of all times! Have figures for it poparts one =) the manga is good atm. waiting for new chapter each week is so painful! everyone is amzaing and i like the comdey aspect :D

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 05:57:27 AM »
Ok...I just have to ask this..does Garp have Haoshoku Haki or not? I read in many forums that he does have it but personally I don't see it! plus he's a marine and we have never seen a marine using it..any ideas?

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:03 PM »
Rejoice, o Saint Seiya fandom.

TORU FURUYA VOICES ADULT SABO.

:cry:

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 06:33:25 PM »
The fact that that character reaches adulthood is kind of a spoiler.  Ya might ought to tag that, Raiden.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 06:37:39 PM »
Why is it a spoiler? 8D Adult Sabo already showed up in the anime - they showed him in both episode 662 and the 3D2Y special, and he's going to actually speak in tomorrow's episode.

Besides, everybody knows this by now. Crunchyroll, AnimeNewsNetwork and the One Piece wiki have all revealed the news without bothering to warn anyone about the spoilers.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 09:54:48 PM »
Yes but don't forget that there always new fans/watchers/readers. I am still happy that Furuya is back in action although that was a spoiler for me for the anime(about Furuya), I watched One Piece every 3 weeks so I can watch 3 episodes. That way the 10 minute approximately episode will not ruin my fun. :)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
Why is it a spoiler? 8D

Some people don't even know who this Sabo is yet, or that [spoiler]he doesn't die[/spoiler].

Plus, it's not like everyone checks those news sources.

I watched One Piece every 3 weeks so I can watch 3 episodes. That way the 10 minute approximately episode will not ruin my fun. :)

Is there that little new stuff in the recent episodes of One Piece?  What are the other 15 minutes?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

Is there that little new stuff in the recent episodes of One Piece?  What are the other 15 minutes?

The opening...then the usual story about the One Piece...then what happened on the previous episodes...yes you heard me not just on the episode of last week..and then the episode starts...some events of previous episodes "might" repeat just with a little more details which is annoying if you ask me so that really leaves you with 10 minutes approx...so take my advice and don't watch one episode each week..it's not enjoyable at all. I made the mistake of watching the Hazard Island each episode at that time because I remember that it wasn't that long in the manga but TOEI just had to extend it...for nothing.

P.S Sorry for being angry but apparently TOEI lately manages to piss me off.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
Toei's far better than Studio DEEN. XD Studio DEEN's infamous for their off model animation (some of their stuff looks so bad it's hilarious - Ginga Densetsu Weed is one of their worst so far... just look at this and compare it to whatever Toei does. That thing in the picture is supposed to be a GERMAN SHEPHERD. John isn't supposed to look like that! I wouldn't have recognized him if it wasn't for the comment accompanying it on Tumblr...).

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
I am not talking about the animation issue...besides have you ever read One Piece? the art for me sucks in the first place..not a big fan of Oda's art but the story itself. I didn't say that they ruined the animation with the New World. All I am saying is that they dropped the quality of an episode with New World. You can see the same things in several episodes, same stuff happening again and again but slightly changing it to make it...look different. I don't know if you understand where I am getting at Raiden-chan.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »
...Toei is keeping pretty close to the actual plot of the manga. There haven't really been any long filler arcs, either - just compare this to Bleach.

Besides, Oda himself is happy with the anime. If the creator loves what they're doing with the anime, I don't really see what's so bad about it. I've also been reading the manga and following the anime at the same time and I don't see any difference between the two. Sure, the manga does everything at a faster pace than the anime does but that's normal for EVERY series out there - if anime moved at the pace of the manga (without adding things or extending scenes), the episodes would be less than 10 minutes long.

PS. Anime episodes are becoming shorter in general. It's not just Toei doing it - all studios I've seen are shortening episodes and entire series until there's only 12-25 episodes per season. It's most likely budget-related - it costs too much to animate more so they fill the remaining space with stuff from the previous episode.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 11:55:46 AM »
Fujitora was great the last two chapters (792-3). When I saw the title "Postrate" I thought it was going to be King Riku or the Civilians but no, it was the marine admiral himself. ^^
It was really satisfying seeing the result of his plan and the way he's openly opposing Akainu. I also love how he 'gambled' that Luffy and his team would be able to defeat Doflamingo, especially because it's not from just his judgement the brief moment they met, but because Smoker told him about the truth behind the Alabasta incident. Just the way this arc was linked back to what happened back in Alabasta arc in itself was extremely satisfying. The arc did dragged on for a bit but the conclusion more than made up for it.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »
I might sound mean but there are two characters that I hope they will die first is Akainu and second is Teach (not in any particular order).

Also one thing is bugging me. Only good guys died so far...or bad guys turned good guys. Need some justice. Bad guys cannot just simply defeated. I want to see their heads on a silver platter. Going to jail is not good enough as they will probably escape again.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 12:41:39 PM »
Also one thing is bugging me. Only good guys died so far...or bad guys turned good guys. Need some justice. Bad guys cannot just simply defeated. I want to see their heads on a silver platter. Going to jail is not good enough as they will probably escape again.

Well... we haven't seen what happened to Arlong. He's been gone from the series ever since he was defeated, which means one of two things:

1) He was already executed.
2) He fled from Impel Down during Luffy and Blackbeard's break-in, and simply hasn't been seen yet.

...Also, I doubt you could call Vergo and Monet "good" guys. XD And yes, I'm one of the people who think they're definitely dead. Monet was subjected to THREE fatal incidents at the same time: first, Caesar stabbed her in the heart; second, she got stuck in an explosion; third, the Shinokuni gas moved in on her. Vergo also got the explosion and the gas, soooo...