Author Topic: Metal/hard rock music fans... your favorite bands? Recommendations?  (Read 16927 times)

Himeros

• Still thinking of a Custom Title :)
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
This topic is like alien topic for me LOL Mainly coz Im not a fan of metal band :D Indeed, metal band is always associated with screaming and sometimes breaking music instruments on stage :D No metal for me :D

Phoenix Ikki [一輝]

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Hōō Genma Ken!!!
    • View Profile
I like Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Evanescence lol :D stuff like that no screamies for me, althought some are ok... I also loooove Genitorturers
My Harems: Yulij and Geist
Shared Harems: Shaina
The bird which abandoned his heart and feelings in hell!

Himeros

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
Evanescence is ok coz at least their music has melody. Err... GENI-TORTURERS ??? I dont know why but all I can think of when I heard that name is GENITAL TORTURE :D

Aiorius

• Bronze Saint
  • the flames of Troy will shine bright
    • View Profile
Blind Guardian
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Symphony X
Rhapsody
Freedom Call
Helloween
Hammerfall
Lost Horizon
Luca Turilli
Vision Divine
Edenbridge
Elvenking
Manticora
Demons and Wizards
Iced Earth
Angra
Avantasia
Catharsis
Athena
Aghora
Kamelot
Firewind
Cannibal Corpse
Prostitute Disfigurement
Gorgasm
Dying Fetus
Darkest hour
At the Gates
Light this City
Carcass
The Black Dahlia Murder
Mayhem
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Judas Iscariot
Satyricon
Funeral Winds
OLD cradle of filth
Old Man's Child
Dimmu Borgir
Hypocrisy
Municipal Waste
Marduk
Nachtmystium
Melechesh
HEROES DEL SILENCIO!
OLD metallica
Megadeth
Anthrax
Napalm Death
GWAR!
Amon Amarth
Slayer

http://www.last.fm/user/ghostxonxstage
ぼく は アッテナ の セイント だ よ!

don't you find it funny how otakus refer themselves as "sama, san, chan..." when they are not supposed to?

Himeros

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
@Aiorius: Wow, that's a LONG list of metal band :D Err... do u like them all? :D I mean from where u know about them?

Aiorius

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
@Aiorius: Wow, that's a LONG list of metal band :D Err... do u like them all? :D I mean from where u know about them?

I own which of those bands discographies. I can sing to most of the songs of all the albums of each bands...I have more metal bands (as well... non-metal bands)
I have over 120gb's of music...
ぼく は アッテナ の セイント だ よ!

don't you find it funny how otakus refer themselves as "sama, san, chan..." when they are not supposed to?

Bud_Alcor

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
@Aiorius

120gb  of Music. that like 3 ipod"s ;D

Orion18

Awesome list Aiorius, lots of power/heavy fans here. I  have around 80 Gb of music from Blues which to me is the root of every music style uptodate to extreme underground non-comercial bands. Currently i am deep into Black Metal which most of u would only define as *just screams* , its awesome how humans have diferent vibrations to relate to diferent styles of music.
   Tho Black or other styles such as Death and also Gore are not widely known, they still make me praise the Metal Gods just as much as Amadeus Mozart does, even tho they are completly diferent i can hear the beauty in both styles, not like comercial music, anyway im drifting here, if i continue iīll prolly end up getting someone mad. Im what most people refer to as an extreme radical musician. Anyways heres a few of my lifechanging bands:

Emperor              Arcturus                     Iron Maiden
  Immortal             Behemoth                  Exodus
  Bal-sagoth          Borknagar                  Testament
  Darkfuneral         Death                         Ozzy
  Marduk               Enslaved                     Opeth
  Gorgoroth          Malevolent Creation    Old Manīs Child   
  Absu                   Vader                         Dimmu Borgir (way before they went commercial)
  Burzum               Nile                            Metallica (way before they sold out or were replaced by clones)       
  Darkthrone         Possessed                   Megadeth     
  Enthroned          Pantera                                           ...and so many more.                   
  Mayhem             Slayer
  Abigor                Unleashed
  Aeternus
  Dissection

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
@ Bud: I think 120 gb is a little more then 3 ipods . . . Don't ipod's only hold like 5-10?

@Aiorius: Holy Squwat dude!  How the heck did you get that many songs?

@Orion: Commercial music? 

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
Blind Guardian
Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Symphony X
Napalm Death
GWAR!
Amon Amarth
Slayer

http://www.last.fm/user/ghostxonxstage

*Bows*

KS: iPods Classics hold a minimum of 80 gigabytes up to 160. iPod touch hold 8 or 16 Gigs and minis hold between 2 and 8.
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Orion18

Comercial Music: Music done entirely for the purpose of making money. And not neceseraly containing any life-enhancing message.

Wouldnt want to get into any debate here about which band is or is not comercial some might agree with me some might not which is why i stated that music/art was subjective to the very large amount of people in this world.

Aiorius

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
\m/ Orion! Black/death metal is amazing.

@KnightSkye: For couple of months all I did online was finding bands and their discographies. Torrents are amazing. I found most of my stuff from heavytorrents.tk and kerrazy-torrents.net. The site Last.fm let's you download a player that plays music similar to your taste. For example...you wanna look for bands that sound like Blind Guardian...you're going to get bunch of power metal bands
ぼく は アッテナ の セイント だ よ!

Orion18

Nice links Aiorius, i usually just donwload music from Mirc. And if your intrested in exchanging some material let me know id be glad to share it, that goes to anybody thats intrested also.

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
want some real death metal?

Children of bodom

Watch =] : http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzIPOHi3Uy0

Speed Metal?

Dragonforce!!!

Watchi this!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3H4liC2sWg

Aiorius

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
want some real death metal?

Children of bodom

Watch =] : http://youtube.com/watch?v=UzIPOHi3Uy0

Speed Metal?

Dragonforce!!!

Watchi this!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3H4liC2sWg

lol
ぼく は アッテナ の セイント だ よ!