Author Topic: Metal/hard rock music fans... your favorite bands? Recommendations?  (Read 16963 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Well, my favorites are Nightwish, Tarot, Lordi, Stratovarius and Apocalyptica from the Finnish ones, and Within Temptation, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Metallica and Rob Zombie from the foreign ones.

^____^ As for you who have never heard of the bands, here are their official sites:

Nightwish
Tarot (there are two vocalists, of which one is the bassist of Nightwish, Marco Hietala! ^____^ I really like what he sounds and looks like! Plus he seems to have a nice personality!)
Lordi (Warning, not for the fainthearted. They perform in monster suits that look authentic and really creepy.)
Apocalyptica
Stratovarius
Within Temptation
Blind Guardian
Symphony X
Metallica (...On the other hand, if you don't know this band, you're not a real metal fan. ........<-- There's something really wrong with that statement. xD)
Rob Zombie
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:25:55 AM by Raiden [雷電] »

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
Well, I like

- Titan Force
- Gamma Ray
- Helloween
- Scanner
- Warlock
- Doro Pesch
- Blind Guardian
- Iron Maiden
- Black Sabbath
- Metallica
- Yngwie Malmsteen
- Nightwish
- Within Temptation
- Lordi

(But I'm too lazy too add sites. Google should help ^_^)

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
well I like:

-Alkaline Trio
-Lagwagon
-NoFX
-AFI
-Agent Orange
-Anti-Flag
-Bad Religion
-Blink 182
-The God Awfuls
-Jimmy Eat World
-H2O
-The Living End
-Rise Against
-Slayer
-Amon Amarth
-The Strokes
-Thrice

Aiolia

Nightwish , Disturbed , Metallica , Iron Maiden , Anthrax , Black Sabbath , Judas Priest ... they all rulezzz ... :)

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
well I like...

Moi Dix mois
Malice Mizer
Phantasmagoria
Dir En Grey
Nightmare
Rammstein

I think those are it for me ^^

spoiler tag code
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
Hums. . . .

The ones I like most:
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Atreyu
Avenged Sevenfold
Thrice
Linkin Park
HIM
DragonForce

So, why do you guys like who you like?  Personally, I like Nightwish and Within Temptation because of the addition of the orchestra and choir. I absolutely love the basson, flute, and oboe trio in "Ghost Love Score".  HIM I like mostly because I think Ville Valo's voice is sexy. I also love Brandon Saller's and Alex Vatarkas' (I hope I spelled their last names right) voices from Atreyu and I really love some of their lyrics.  Avenged Sevenfold and DragonForce I enjoy because of their guitars. 
DF does some of the craziest stuff I've ever heard on guitar.  :minos-guitar:
Thrice is another one I like because of their lyrics, Linkin Park too.

Bud_Alcor

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
Mine are
Slipknot, Disturbed, Cradle of Filth,Linkin Park,AFI,Korn(old stuff),Adeema and some other can't remember right now.

Sharkticon

none of metal band attracts my attention. the music is so weird. more like music for the distressed people. i can scream if my neighbor plays metal out loud.

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
@Sharkticon:  Well, not all metal is thrash and screaming.  A friend of mine that is really into guitar told me that metal is technically anything with 'hard' guitar riffs and a heavy sound.  Its not all like some of Slipknot where all you hear is noise, at least to me.  Some metal can be very melodic.

For example, if you check out Nightwish and Within Temptation, they're both metal bands, but they're symphonic so they don't scream and you can actually hear the different instruments and not a cacophony of nearly meaningless noise. 

Hee.  My friend also told me about Nintendo Metal, so named because the music sounds like it came from an old video game.  XD

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
So, why do you guys like who you like? 

I mostly like them 'cause they are japanese bands XD

well I like Moi dix mois since they just sound so good *_* I love how they always have this organ playin' in the background X]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXArrYYnnM - and I feel like adding links so I will ^_^

Malice mizer is kinda the same XD I equally like this and moi dix mois X]  *loves mana, the only one in the band who actually looks like a girl*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F143kJea2tw

and then, phantasmagoria be my second fav. band, I just lov how they play the guitar. gah I love their screaming as well >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDBTYuvgZDU

Dir en grey is very cool, there's screaming which I like ^^ but sometimes they don't scream  :D and they still sound awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG-_HekZ7k8

I like ngihtmare 'cause I first heard them in death note ^_^ and I think they sound awesome, plus they also sing in japanese ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMsVaIP38gg

now rammstein is german, and I still like 'em ^^ gaaah I've liked them for years now. I think this is one of the very first bands I fell in love with ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JngZHJYbnQ4 *____*

spoiler tag code
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]

scorpiosgirl

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Art Page
Oh god where to start, well I like:
Slipknot, HIM, Korn, Thrice, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Stone Sour, Aiden, Underoath, Avenged Sevenfold, and Evanescence.

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
KAMELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

pena

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
I like and allsaw recommend disturbed,godsmack,spineshank,and one of my favorites sevendust :aioria:

LostHorizon

power metal

helloween
blind guardian
hibria
lost horizon
dreamtale
heaps of other stuff

i believe highlord did a pegasus fantasy cover. sounds mean as. part of the reason why i love saint seiya.

kanato

well i dont have meny of them but

Dir En Grey
him
Rammstein
Apocalyptica
marliyn manson (love)

theres alot more but some how i just dont feel like putting them all up.....im lazy like that, maybe slipknot, and other weird ass bands hammerfall, shugs who knows
gothic music and death metal anything that sounds good to me

well thats just all i feel like saying...........because im kanato