Author Topic: Female fans of SS  (Read 6722 times)

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
Re: Female fans of SS
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 03:16:34 PM »
I just love it because it's so freaking cheesy.

Also Shiryu's side job as a stripper. That's nice, too.
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Saga235

• Bronze Saint
  • Athena's Sanctuary Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 06:40:14 PM »
everybody knows womenz like SS because of the purty guys.

but a nifty fact that i've come across is that i dont see many girls liking SS in spanish speaking websites.
i haven't explored many other sites besides spanish ones since english and spanish are the only two languages i speak.

could women liking SS be just a english phenomenon?

also i notice 99% of the fanfics are women written lol

As a male, I can see some of the saints are quite attractive.  You don't see people with that kind of body proportion (I am not even going to mention the hair)   There is a reason why SS will never be live action. 

OphiuchusOdysseus

• Bronze Saint
  • "The reincarnation of Asclepius"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
Well I'm a female and I personally like Saint Seiya for the following reasons:
1.The use of Greek mythology and constellations.
2.The themes of justice,loyalty & betrayal,honor,hope,sacrifice,selflessness and friendship.
3.The characters.
4.The plot.
5.The fact that villains had understandable motives instead of being the typical"Look at me I'm so evil and powerful so I'm going to do evil things to everyone just because I can"type of villains.
6.The fact that the story isn't too light but isn't too dark either.
7.The drama and the emotions that you can feel through various characters.
8.The fact that the characters had powers that were really unique for the time it was written.
9.The fact that the story is not filled with too many stupid and annoying comedy moments.
10.The epic music
11.Shingo Araki's & Michi Himeno's gorgeous art and character designs that were a big improvement on Kurumuda's artstyle(sorry Kurumada I'm one of the few people that actually likes your artstyle but Araki & Himeno are more talented than you)
12.The designs of the Cloths(which were better in the manga than in the anime because of the details)
13.I like mangas/animes that show fighting scenes with lots of blood and violence.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:43:47 AM by OphiuchusOdysseus »

Regulus_Aya

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Regulus no Aya
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
Can't really say why the ten year old me really liked Saint Seiya. We only watched it in the Cantonese dub and English subs that my dad had brought in what I thought was a rad box...this was in the early 2000s. My first real anime.

I LOVED Ikki for some reason, too. I kept trying to emulate him with the hatred in his heart but yeaaah, that doesn't really do well with classmates. If anything, today, I'm more of a soft Ikki. My little sister is kind of my Shun, actually.

ANYWAYS. The show started off my love for animation and things like that, so it's definitely had some influence over my choice of career. 

I loved Saint Seiya because of the way it was set up--the gods, their armies and the class differences. Also, modern day. Also, mythology is a heavy influence in it. The armors. The style of the anime. I also loved the characters, but my biases ended up going towards anyone  other than the bronzes. I love working with their characters when I write, what can I say?
...Although, yes, some of the characters' attractiveness gets to me. Might be the way that, even though the art style is a bit odd, we get little things like smirks. :baian:

Some of the music is poignant, and beautifully memorable. Especially the slower ballads, like Blue Dream and Hilda's theme.
Apologies for the young me that was on this forum years ago. Hoo boy.

Saga235

• Bronze Saint
  • Athena's Sanctuary Forever
    • View Profile
Female fans of SS
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
I was the obsessed fan who flew to Athens, stayed for 3 days, jogged around Acropolis while listening to SS's sound track.