Author Topic: If you had to pick one character to get more development...?  (Read 1098 times)

Regulus_Aya

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Regulus no Aya
    • View Profile
If you had to pick one character to get more development...?
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
EDIT I put this in the wrong board oops this should be in spam/for fun. Can one of the admins possibly move this for me? I can't find the button.
[/color]
If you had to pick only one character from any of the anime arcs that you want to know more about or be developed into, who would you pick?

...There's not really a special reason, but I was thinking about it. We're lacking a lot of information on a lot of characters--like do they not have last names or are they really only single names? And I got really curious what others would say.

It's easy to pick multiples, but what if you could only pick ONE per arc? for a challenge, try picking one overall.

For me, it'd be [out of order]
1.Lyumnades Kasa- We get nothing about him either, but he got shark teeth, bluish skin and generally a pretty sketchy disposition. Definitely sketchier  than the other marinas.  :kasa:
2.Cait Sith Cheshire-He's kinda commanding a small group of specters. He's directly under Pandora's jurisdiction. Hide and seek and perky party (his unused moves).
3.Megrez Delta Alberich- What kind of family did he have? Where did the idea to rule come from, exactly? :alberich:
4Tatsumi- You read that right. You'd think we'd know a bit more about him. :tatsumi:
5. Kiki
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:04:15 AM by Regulus_Aya »
Apologies for the young me that was on this forum years ago. Hoo boy.

ZakAttak18

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: If you had to pick one character to get more development...?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:17:57 PM »
Kiki  :kiki:
"When did I start waiting for my opponent to make the first move?"

-Chairman Netero

AriesVirgoGeminiPete

• SIEG NEO ZEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 05:05:24 AM »
 :rhady:  He' s such an intriguing character, wish to know more about him.

:sorrento::poseidon: They'  ve got some. But, still, I wish to know more of Julian Solo and Siren Sorrento as human beings. It would be fun to see one of their visits to one of the orphanages. And hearing a flute concert by Sorrento. And how well children like them. And about their childhood.

:alberich: His nature is quite mischievous and he is quite crafty and insidious. Makes you wonder why he ended up that way.

:milo: He is extremely neglected, but I like his nature! I wish to know why has he decided to be Saint, and how was his childhood like.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
Umm...I may have to be the odd one here but honestly...don't all characters lack a background story? every one of them. We only have bits of information for everyone, others a little more than some but still bits. I am sure that Masami Kurumada did not want to delve further with the character development and that's mostly because come on, it was 80's and it was for a manga for teenage boys and as far as I know boys didn't care about all that, all they wanted was a manga that was action packed.

P.S If I may be frank, in my opinion, since no actual manga gives a background story for second and third rate characters, I don't see why he should do that however the main characters have not so much to talk about either and so Masami Kurumada here had failed to do that. Also he was successful with Ikki, Saga, Poseidon and Hades as you always want to know a little bit more about the bosses (yeah Ikki was sort of...a boss), however giving information for every person they face, it is not right. They will give just the right information to get the story going and that's it.

Regulus_Aya

• Regulus no Aya
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:13:51 PM »
Umm...I may have to be the odd one here but honestly...don't all characters lack a background story? every one of them. We only have bits of information for everyone, others a little more than some but still bits.

P.S If I may be frank, in my opinion, since no actual manga gives a background story for second and third rate characters, I don't see why he should do that however the main characters have not so much to talk about either and so Masami Kurumada here had failed to do that. Also he was successful with Ikki, Saga, Poseidon and Hades as you always want to know a little bit more about the bosses (yeah Ikki was sort of...a boss), however giving information for every person they face, it is not right. They will give just the right information to get the story going and that's it.

Ack, so serious Seiya! I wasn't going for a serious discussion aha but i do appreciate the input.
Nah, I know that haha. Like I said, I was curious to see what everyone says about who they think. You did bring up a good point with the one time only characters. Which is why I asked if you only had ONE per any arc or in general since our interests go different directions.

A handful of them ended up sort of breaking the typical mold he set for the villains, so I guess you end up with fans for dead peeps.

...Although now I'm wondering if this means that I put it in the wrong forum  :kiki:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:00:06 AM by Regulus_Aya »
Apologies for the young me that was on this forum years ago. Hoo boy.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 07:02:08 AM »
It's defnitely Saga and Kanon overall.

TLC: I haven't read the gaiden yet, so I'm going to assume Kairos got some satisfying development there. With that, my choice is Aiacos.

Galaxian War: Cerberus Dante. Why does he have a weapon? It's not even related to his constelletion. How did he bypass the Sanctuary's law?

Sanctuary: Saga

Asgard: Kanon

Poseidon: Sorrento and Poseidon. I want to hear more about their journey.

Hades Sanctuary: Aphrodite. He's got to be the guy who's tending to the Virgo garden all this time right? Maybe he also wanted to visit the place to see how it's faring without him, but he never quite made it.

Hades Inferno: Rhadamanthys, also Valentine, also Orphee.

Hades Elyson: Hypnos
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:59:41 AM by Niello »

Fruitify

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
 :ennetsu: :ennetsu: :ennetsu: :ennetsu: :ennetsu:
He should come back and burn them all!

Maybe bring his Air, water, wind and earth saints too...say  :crystal-saint: is dead but will come back and save the day or something...

Pisces Aphrodite

• Bronze Saint
  • "that sanctuary is in the hands of all demons"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 02:36:49 PM »
 :deathmask2: I'd like to see more background to him what events lead up to the way he is (+ how he eventually turned over a new leaf as we see later)

I'd like to see more background for Saga too.

And finally it would be neat to see some for the Silver Saints, I really like Babel.

(Of course most of the goldies could use more background really. I'm grateful to G and the games for adding more to them and alluding to their interesting connections)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 02:17:00 PM »

Ack, so serious Seiya! I wasn't going for a serious discussion aha but i do appreciate the input.
Nah, I know that haha. Like I said, I was curious to see what everyone says about who they think. You did bring up a good point with the one time only characters. Which is why I asked if you only had ONE per any arc or in general since our interests go different directions.

A handful of them ended up sort of breaking the typical mold he set for the villains, so I guess you end up with fans for dead peeps.

...Although now I'm wondering if this means that I put it in the wrong forum  :kiki:

Well, if I must choose one of every arc...I am guessing even Asgard? Anyway I would choose:

1. Camus ( I want to know why he did what he did)

2. Alberich

3. Io

4. Minos

Did I cover everything? I am not even going to think anyone before Sanctuary, they didn't matter to me.